Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: HELP NEEDED! Convert WAV files to LSU files MAC  (Read 2366 times)
Karn Van Drex
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 19

Jedi Knight - Lightside Points Please!!!!

« on: March 04, 2016, 03:35:51 PM »

Hey guys! I'm trying to find a way to compress/convert my wav files to lsu files using a mac. I've tried to do everything I can but I can't seem to find a proper application online. I downloaded a font from saberfont.com and the files are too large for the Obsidian V4 soundboard.
Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you and May the Force be with us all! Smiley

Owned : Prophecy V3 in Tri-Cree GB!!!! More to come!!!
Jedi since birth, like my father before me.
Philippine Lightsaber Guild for life!
Lightside points are greatly appreciated Smiley
May the Force be with us all!

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 03:44:48 AM »

Hey guys! I'm trying to find a way to compress/convert my wav files to lsu files using a mac. I've tried to do everything I can but I can't seem to find a proper application online. I downloaded a font from saberfont.com and the files are too large for the Obsidian V4 soundboard.
Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you and May the Force be with us all! Smiley

I don't have an answer for you, but another question! Haha.
I've put a number of fonts on my saber in wav file format. I understand that the difference is that isu files are mono, which makes sense because there is only one speaker on a saber, while wav files are stereo. However, I haven't noticed any reduced sound quality from using wav files vs isu.... so my question to you, what is the difference? Like I said I understand it, but is there a sound quality difference or something I've missed?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 04:09:07 AM »

This might be what your looking for.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.msg174293#msg174293

The difference between different types of files is the format and bit rate are different as well as the speed.  
After the sounds are converted the speed has to be adjusted as well.
Also try to remember not to advertise other companies not affiliated with US. Just say the "other guys".

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »

I believe audacity works for Mac. Depending on what format you bought your font for, (we'll say green or red as those are the colors used for the two brands which we won't name), you'll either have to mix the audio if it was red or just convert the sample rate if it was green.

Wav files work on Obsidian. I would assume even on the Mac launcher. The required audio quality is 16 bit at 48000hz.

Wav files can also be mono

For each sound, open it in audacity (I keep two tabs open, one to hold all the files, and one where I copy and paste each file. It makes it quicker)

Make sure the project rate at the bottom is at 48000hz. This allows a rate change without speed change.

If it was a "green" package all you have to do is export (as 16 bit wav!)

If it was a "red" package you'll need to mix the audio, as in layer swings over the hum. There is more information on the forum on how to do that properly so your sounds sound cohesive.

Hope that helps

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: