Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Distant Earth Knighthood - saber forms (introduction)  (Read 10807 times)
Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« on: March 05, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »

It's an exciting project to find a name for something we consider as "important" or "worthwhile" - that's how the Distant Earth Knighthood has born.
I do feel lucky for having my life embroidered by the Star Wars Universe since I was a kid. It has became the ultimate source of magic and if I think about my friends and how we got together, it's also epidemic.
Of course we've been doing our own sort of roleplay between us, formed our "council", held our meetings to contemplate on the ways of the Force (two years ago we converted our living room with my wife to a council chamber for these meetings, you wouldn't believe how a circle shaped carpet in the middle and some brown/cream bean bags can light up the atmosphere! Smiley), even we had a SW wedding with my wife with costumes and swordsplay.
So the thing has been there for a long time and it's just amazing how a pair of Ultrasabers can give the final kick to crown all this with a name.

We walk on our own way with this Knighthood, heavily inspired by the SW universe but continuously interpreting it, reinterpreting it, validating it along our own thoughts and experience of life.
That's how the Distant Earth Knighthood is somewhat different to the classic Jedi Order however it's very near: we seem to find an enjoyable balance between following a concept and (re)create some parts of it suitable for our approach or understanding.
Apart from the memorable discussions and "meditations" we had together with these close friends, I thought with my new proper lightsaber I may stretch our activities out and add some saber-based excercises to the palette.
I spent my latest 15+ years joyfully studying different martial arts which knowledge I can hopefully use now to make the Knighthood's life possibly more wonderful. So I started working on our own saber forms which reflect our philosophy as well as bows to the classical Jedi traditions.

These forms I call The Forms of the Elements.
If it's Earth, no matter how distant it is from the galaxy far far away, we have elements here I find interesting enough to wrap the concept around them. So far I got 5 forms in mind as follows:

1. Form of the FIRE - a mainly attacking form with simple but agressive moves to bring the encounter to the end as quickly as possible
2. Form of the WATER - a balanced, more cunning and nimble form with a special flow of control
3. Form of the EARTH - a defensive form with deep roots and so less mobility
4. Form of the WIND - a form with movements in the extreme and high mobility
5. Form of the SPIRIT - this one is really special as it's more likely based on "how" than "what exactly".

By the time I finish this post, the Fire form will hopefully be uploaded on youtube so I can share it in another topic. The Water form I also consider to be "ready to share", I just need some time to put it on a video and upload.
The rest of them will follow once we're happy with all the parts, whichever comes sooner I'll share regardless of the numbers I gave them above (they're not by any means ranked by them).
Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do putting them together! Smiley

Yours,
Medwyn

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 06:12:47 AM »

I'm very interested in this! I can't wait to see what you have to teach.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »

Grin likewise.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 08:51:35 PM »

Me too Smiley

The Fire is up already (I wish I could edit my posts to merge and/or rearrange them accordingly):

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=29302.0

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 05:18:11 AM »

can you change the spirit form to heart form?.......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMBLRHJYXU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMBLRHJYXU</a>
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:27:57 AM by Duff Man » Logged

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 05:30:00 AM »

Oh, NO...  Shocked Shocked Shocked

BTW, just watched the Fire video.  Pretty cool, and I'll say a bit more on the other thread.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:25 AM »

Oh, it rings the bell Smiley How old is this cartoon? 123 years? Smiley
The Spirit will be the least spectacular but possibly the most interesting form of them all - if one's interested in combining the mind and the body in a certain way... Wink

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 03:02:42 AM »

I requested this in the Fire thread, but I'm curious to see all of the forms put together.

Hopefully after you finish the individual element videos, you can put together one or two with all the elements combined.

Also, based on my knowledge of Mushashi, I'm curious to see how well I can predict what the elements will look like.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:13 AM »

Looking forward to seeing how these play out!  Checking out the Fire form now.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 04:39:51 AM »

Really enjoy the first form that you posted, I'll be checking out all of these as you update.
+1

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »

Hopefully after you finish the individual element videos, you can put together one or two with all the elements combined.

It'll be like a tale: "The branches of the Old Tree are bending under the attacks of the Whistling Wind but it holds its stance. From the shore a sneaky wave of the Water like a giant tongue stretches out and erodes the soil nearby and sweeps the way clear for the Savage Flames rampaging through the lands incinerating all but the ones with Calm Spirit" Smiley

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 03:23:26 PM »

This is a nice compilation of techniques you have planned here medwyn. I'll be interested to keep up with this  Smiley  Have a point +1

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMBLRHJYXU

This wasn't a thing when I was a kid.

Wow...I'm just...old.  

It'll be like a tale: "The branches of the Old Tree are bending under the attacks of the Whistling Wind but it holds its stance. From the shore a sneaky wave of the Water like a giant tongue stretches out and erodes the soil nearby and sweeps the way clear for the Savage Flames rampaging through the lands incinerating all but the ones with Calm Spirit" Smiley

That sounds really cool.  I'm a viewer for sure. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »

Finally, after so many unexpected difficulties, the WATER is flowing up to youtube. Smiley
Will be back once it's fininshed uploading.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »

...and the EARTH is ready to be shown too. Uploading now and will share when it's done.
So far this is my favourite Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: