Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Form of the FIRE - (DEK) Forms of the Elements series  (Read 15334 times)
Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 10:53:48 AM »

very awesome! perfect counter / companion to the water form (which I came across first)

That collection in your sig would justify a form called "General Grievous's handout" Smiley

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 08:23:50 PM »

Thanks as always for these instructive videos.  Force and Fire ---  nice swings.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

Ress Andor
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

PEACE IS A LIE. THERE IS ONLY PASSION.

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 01:32:08 AM »

You have excellent forms! I've now watched the entire elements series, and my favorites are probably this one and the earth form. I really enjoy the ferocity and seemingly unstoppable strength of both. Would you mind if at some point I posted a sort of cover video using these as a dulon to practice from?

Owned: Arbiter (Stunt) - Arctic Blue | Raven (Obsidian V4) - Blazing Red

"There is power in the abyss, in blackness more profound than the darkest dreams."

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »

Ress Andor, you are very welcome to use any of them for your training!
I'm glad these forms can be useful for others as well, looking forward to seeing your videos! Any questions you have, feel free to ask!
Point awarded to power your lightsaber crystal Smiley

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 04:18:51 PM »

Never saw this before...a bit late, but I like it, and all the elements theme. Very cool...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 06:57:59 PM »

I created this saber form for the Distant Earth Knighthood representing one of the elements: the fire.

The philosophy:
- The FIRE is a mainly two handed form converting physical strength to powerful blows, slashes and stabs.
- As the flames reach out from the fire, these techniques are focusing on impulsive moves to totally overcome the opponent as soon as possible - effectiveness over art.
- It's an attacking form trying to be decisive very early. In return it does not have sophisticated defence, the defence of the Fire is only good enough to prepare to launch another powerful series of counter attacks so timing here is crucial.
- The techniques are simple and follow straight lines covering all zones. How precise they are, will create the space around the form user to utilize the next (possibly the finishing) attack.

Hope you'll enjoy, any feedbacks are very welcome Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PlG3gDN_g

I love your elemental series. I particularly liked "Wind"

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 06:11:06 PM »

Thank you LJ and Iram!
I'm already thinking about another mini-series but first I'd like to figure out how to do a proper "green box" in the video editor... Smiley

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »

Thank you LJ and Iram!
I'm already thinking about another mini-series but first I'd like to figure out how to do a proper "green box" in the video editor... Smiley

I can possibly help you with that (if by "green box" you would also happen to mean "green screen")

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 12:03:11 AM »

I can possibly help you with that (if by "green box" you would also happen to mean "green screen")

That'd be great, pm sent! Smiley
Thank you!

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 08:41:47 PM »

As a wonderful surprise I've just run into Enso Marr's interpretation of this Fire form on facebook!
The video is fantastic, hope he'll share it here as well! Smiley
I just love how lightsabers bind the galaxy together connecting people from the far sides of the planet...

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »

Spent a few hours recently breaking down the Fire form move by move. The relatively simple lines made Fire the natural one to start with, though I really wish YouTube had a slow motion button. In any case this is what I have so far, though I did forget to actually strike at the end of that forward spin there.

https://instagram.com/p/BNjoa_cgk9B/

Threw it up on one of the Facebook saber groups for critique and it was a pleasant surprise to have the originator of the form himself commenting on it. Very cool.

There were a couple other takes. Might throw one of the faster ones up on YouTube at some point.

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »

It's long overdue for me to go on with building the element forms further. I already have laid down the fundaments of the website dedicated to the forms and the Knighthood last year, now it's time to go deeper into the rabbit hole.
First I'm going to write a short description to each forms (but still longer than those few sentences I edited into the videos) and maybe I'll get to make a few short videos as well to "explain" the what and how of these forms in more details. Will see how far this season takes me, so many plans, so little time but both of my midichlorian cells are exicted! Smiley

Here's the briefing I've just finished of the FIRE form which I'll edit into the website (once I figured out how to restructure it effectively to accommodate bodies of text):
English is not my native language, if you find anything off in it, please let me know! Smiley

"Fire is an element which does not make compromises - the flames are feeding on everything in and around to advance further, to spread higher and wider. In the core there's the essence of expansion, the hunger to transform, the power to overcome. It's still a dance: a definite, irreversible touch delivered by a scorching rhythm, the flames.
    The Form of the Fire lights up the inner spark and lets the upcoming energy loose. The techniques are straight forward, they do not try to conceal anything nor to give doubts about their whatabouts. There are series of attacks in between the regrouping defensive moves with the intention to become clearly decisive and overwhelming. As the flames spread out in the fire, the slashes, stabs and strikes of this form reach out to all zones the opponents may occupy leaving the least chances to escape the outbursts. At the same time there's control over the blade to keep the concentrated movement, the "heat" within a certain barrier - it creates a focus as well as prevents the energy to overspread and lose the momentum. The stances of the form are strong to support the power delivered by the blade and also flexible enough to provide the mobility to gain control over a wider space around.
    The Form of the Fire is a way to excercise the extremes of the conditions "burn" and "extinguished" while gives the opportunity to find and embrace the rhythm which connects the two. There's harmony in the fire as long as it's focused within its own boundaries and exclusively controls its own space and pontential."

Attack:        O O O O O
Defence:     O O
Mobility:      O O O O
Adaptivity:  O

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »

Very awesome form!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

darthjudd
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 03:26:59 PM »

From what the video showed this is almost exactly how I fight. I do light that it is fire too.

Prepare to die, for I will destroy you.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 08:23:14 PM »

From what the video showed this is almost exactly how I fight. I do light that it is fire too.

If by any chance you have a video you're willing to share, please do! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: