Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix V2 LE in Blazing Red lightsaber.  (Read 9110 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: September 21, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »

Its finally here. My Dominix V2 LE in Blazing Red. This lightsaber is my favorite saber from Ultra Sabers so far. This time there is hardly any blade wobblyness but its there, they used a different type of retention screw than the Liberator. Its the perfect spinning saber too. The red blade is ubber bright and the hilt has perfect weight and balance to it as well. What I like about the Dominix V2 LE is the silver grooves, sets the saber apart from others. The saber is kind of Darth Vader and Starkiller themed which I like. I highly recommend both either versions of the Dominix to anyone that wants just a simple fun lightsaber to play with or practice with. Also makes good for fan film props too if you don't like rotoscoping or don't know how to. Onto the pics and video. Cheesy I just hope the blades don't fly off during dueling. I'm going to shoot a video of me and my bro dueling just to show off our saber skills. Were both pretty good but not Episode 3 good. xp So I hope you enjoy my collection so far. Next I'm going to get my bro a Dark Prophecy LE also in Blazing Red, he loves Ultra Sabers now too. He wen't all gaga over my Dominix V2 LE lightsaber. xp

The full hilt. I like the silver grooves.

The pommel. I think the Dominix V2 LE has the best looking pommel in the stunt line.

The upper grip. Makes perfect for spinning.

The blade from the emitter as posted from my first saber.

Full blade shot but in Blazing Red this time. Cheesy It kind of reminds me of the Darth Vader shade of red which I love.

Me bein the Sith that I am. xp

Some reverse grip Starkiller action. Cheesy

And the video.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3aZO1qrBc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3aZO1qrBc</a>

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »

very nice review! dark side point for video as well  Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:42:56 PM »

Very nice saber man.  I have a regular Dominix with Blazing Red, so I know how you feel - it's a great saber.  The ominous glow of the red with the dark hilt... so sick.  Enjoy!

PS I made this a separate topic, you posted it in your Liberator thread, I figured it deserved its own Wink

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »

Sweets on that!

I went for a Dark Initiate V2 LE.  My hands and stature are not very big and if i reduced the size of the blade, to me it would look a little uneven...if that makes any sense.

Congrats on the new saber my friend, now give em hell!

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:17:26 AM »

Nice review. Dark Side points!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:20:32 AM »

Thanks for the Dark Side points everyone! Super Kami Guru allows this. Cheesy (From the Dragon Ball Z Abridged comedy series, lol). I love the shade of red in person though, reminds me of my old FX ESB Vader saber. And @Nero. I know what you mean by making the separate thread now. I just figured it would save space for the gallery you know. Just tryin to be nice. xp I'm highly enjoying my new Dominix V2 LE though. My bro is way jealous too so in 2 weeks I will be getting him a Dark Prophecy LE because it won't be too much for me. I told him he should join the forums so he can show off his future sabers I buy for him. I told my bro I would show him how I usually make saber threads. Thanks Ultra and Deep for making such awesome lightsabers. =] Hope to see more stunt saber choices in the future though. I still say you should go for a flanged emitter type Standard Issue saber, that would be killer. Kinda do it like the emitter for the Liberator but make the choke point more solid and flat but the flange not as bulky.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 01:58:44 AM »

Oh and there is slight blade wobble but not much. Its because of the deeper blade socket and different type retention bolt. I think the Liberator should be re-made the same way as the Dominix lightsaber. Just a thought though.

generaltantor
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

Yes sir, Thank you Sir

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »

Nice my friend is going to get the double of this so we can dual lol After getting my consular he now wants a saber so bad now!!

http://www.moddb.com/groups/gif-image-group
arsenal:
Crimson Reaper
Grab Bag Liberator V3
Grab Bag Initiate v3
Grab Bag Dark Initiate LE v3
Grab Bag Aeon LE
Grab Bag Red Standard Issue Battle Saber v3
Consular
MR Fx ROTS Anakin

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »

Nice my friend is going to get the double of this so we can dual lol After getting my consular he now wants a saber so bad now!!

That's great.  Always love it when my friends get that envious look on their face when they see my saber Smiley  Despite this, I can only get very few of them to actually buy... it may be that they don't want to spend their money on nerdy stuff (even though they ARE definitely nerds).

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:34:42 AM »

My mom actually said just today that I shoulda gotten the Dominix V2 LE in Arctic Blue but I said it just wouldn't look right in that color, the saber is more Sithy. Maybe in the Aeon Arctic Blue would look good. I showed my grandma my Saber trick I learned today and she liked it. xp I just did the basic block/attack but modded it some. It will be more cooler with my next saber since it will have Obsidian sound in it. Hopefully in a month I can get the new Archon V2 with Obsidian sound in it. I'll keep you all updated though. Its going to have the normal pommel for a more custom look, Blazing Red blade again, Obsidian sound with red button and li-ion batteries, and an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade. I'm going to get 2 Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blades for my stunt sabers too sometime probably at the end of the month. How do the blades look in person?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 02:11:30 AM »

That sounds pretty awesome man.  The Archon should look pretty solid in red.

For the Blazing Red, I personally prefer the regular blades (non-Ultraedge).  They show the deep red better IMO.  However the Ultraedge Heavy Grades are nice blades, combine the heavy durability with the Ultraedge style lighting.

Varan Folos
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:55 AM »

Yes the Dominix V2 LE looks great with the blazing red, great choice!

A. Skywalker ROTS UltraFX ('05) ~ GB
US Stunt ~ BR ('07)
Bellicose ~ FO
Dominix V2 LE ~ CG
Prophecy ~ SY
Archon V2 ~ GB
Liberator Staff ~ PS
Red SI ~ CG

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 03:17:42 AM »

Gratz on the saber! Dominix are awsome!!

dark side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »

@Nero. Eh. I thought about getting the regular Heavy Grade blade but I want to give Ultra Edge a try. I didn't notice Ultra uses the Deep Red now. Thats a new rebel color.I just thought of a new sound font for Obsidian too, Ultra and Deep making their own custom sounds, like Ultra would make a custom light side font and Deep would make a custom dark side font. That would be cool. And I will let you know how the Archon is when I get it in November. =]

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »

Is the Aeon LE officially gone now? I was going to get my bro one in 2 weeks. D:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: