Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help: Ultrasaber won't format correctly!  (Read 2239 times)
thepyrate
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 09, 2016, 10:49:32 PM »

So I fired up the Mac Ultrasabers launcher and had a look around, everything seemed cool. Wanted to install a Kylo Ren sound font I downloaded onto my v4 board. Needed a bigger sound bank and it seemed the only way was to format the whole thing. Hit format, and whilst it successfully erased everything, it now outright refuses to make new functional sound banks. Formats either fail, or the sound banks are crazy sizes (it tried to tell me one was over 400Mb). I have tried on three different Macs, through Hubs and connected directly, USB2 and 3 ports (after seeing other discussion around that). This evening I'm going to try out a PC I have access to, but as of now all I want is my board back to all the default parameters so it works again! The closest I came was this morning where I managed to get one working sound bank (out of the three I formatted it to have). It transferred sound files into the sound bank (the first time I have had it actually transfer data) but got to 100%, disconnected, said there was an error and wiped all the sound banks off the board.

Often the saber disconnects randomly from the software, message boxes pop up all over the place and are so fast you can't read them, it will tell me to check my batteries whether they're fully charged or not.

All of my Macs are running Mac OS 10.11.3 so I have been unable to test with any lower versions of Mac OS.

thepyrate
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:21:32 AM »

Now attempting on a PC running Windows 10 with the same results. Formatting the memory gives me crazy sound bank sizes (it was just reporting two banks of over 4Gb each!)

I keep getting "Inconsistencies Detected! Disconnect saber, check battery pack is full then reconnect and try again. If problems persist please format memory". But formatting the memory is the issue! It won't format correctly Sad

I just cannot format my Ultrasaber to make the sound work anymore. It still lights up, though flash on clash seems to be deactivated. The lock effect still works.

Is there anything else I can try before I get in touch and send my sober back for repairs? I've only had it for two days  Cry

Samantha1996
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 06:02:30 AM »

You can use handbreak and WonderFox to convert formats.
It supports all kinds if formats of videos and audios.
Such asMKV to MOV,3GP to MP4,and so on.
Glad to help.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:08:46 PM »

Do you have access to a PC with Windows 7? Obsidian and any Windows from Win 8 to Win 10 have some issues within their communication, so this may cause all the messages and inconsistent memory handling. It is possible that a PC with Win 7 can be helpful to get the memory formatted and the sound fonts loaded correctly.
Very important: Attempt changes ONLY when you have fresh and fully charged batteries! I'm sure you had them, but I always remind members of this Smiley

Flash on Clash can be activated by checking the box within the Obsidian sound board tab that says "Enable Flash-On-Clash light effects".

Let me know if that worked, please. If not, I'll try to find another solution.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: