Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Force Awakens Graflex Sound Font by Aldar_Beedo  (Read 29699 times)
POWERofREN
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 04:12:33 AM »

Sorry for the stupid question, my fellow Knight of Ren, but by any chance when you downloaded the ZIP file, did you right-click on the ZIP file folder after you downloaded it and click "Extract All" to extract it into a normal (non-ZIP) folder?  It's possible that if you didn't unzip the file, the launcher can't see the ZIP folder's contents.

There are no stupid questions when it relates to my technological (in)competence, so no need to apologize! The file downloaded and is saved in both my dropbox folder and it also appears in my download folder. I did right click and select 'extract all' and I saved (or copied) the contents to another location. It opens only with the "ultrasabers_launcher" along with a logs folder and sounds folder. However, when I try opening it from that folder it automatically opens the US launcher and I am not able to find it there. I also opened the obsidian parameter file and do see the file there, but it will not open it. I'm sure there's a step somewhere I am overlooking...

the power of the darkness illuminates my path...

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2016, 04:25:08 AM »

Darn, I was hoping it would be something easy to fix.  Undecided  I'm afraid I have never tried to install that specific file, since my saber is for a Kylo Ren cosplay, but I can't say I have ever had one act so badly that I couldn't put it onto my saber.  When you are trying to install the font, where exactly in the launcher are you trying to install it?

Also, you very likely already watched this video, but this is what I used to teach myself how to load fonts to my saber...

Windows: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31302.0
Mac: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23236.0

The reason I post that is it sounds like you could be trying to open the font directly rather than opening the launcher and then using the Wizard within the launcher to help you install the font.  I could also be completely misinterpreting you, but maybe if we consider that video, that might help us to get onto the same page so I (or someone more skilled than me) can better figure out what's going wrong for you.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

POWERofREN
Force Sensitive

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2016, 04:42:32 AM »

I've tried the 'load from file' under the sound board tap and I only see the logs and sounds folder, tried clicking the 'load from your hard drive, in addition to using the sound wizard. When the sound wizard is open, I've clicked the open sound file icon, but do not see it there; I only see the default sounds and one other wave formatted file I loaded yesterday. I'm fighting temptation to go full on Kylo Ren mode and destroy my laptop with my saber out of frustration...

POWERofREN
Force Sensitive

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2016, 04:46:33 AM »

Does it need to be converted from an RAR file to something else (i.e. .lscfgx - whatever that is...)?

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2016, 04:48:22 AM »

Very likely yes.

To the best of my knowledge, .wav and .lsu are the only extensions your saber will accept as sound files.  Any other files will not read, and probably won't show up at all when you try to view it in the launcher.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

POWERofREN
Force Sensitive

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2016, 04:59:02 AM »

I'm researching what software I need to download to process RAR files and will see where it goes.. I appreciate all the input and will let ya know if it finally works!

POWERofREN
Force Sensitive

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2016, 05:23:09 AM »

Looks like downloading the 7-Zip software solved the problem!! Is there another Kylo Ren soundfont you'd recommend? Thanks again for the help!!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2016, 05:25:33 AM »

Looks like downloading the 7-Zip software solved the problem!! Is there another Kylo Ren soundfont you'd recommend? Thanks again for the help!!

I'm kind of in the middle of trying a font out, so I don't really have a solid recommendation for a Ren font.  But there are definitely some cool ones around here.  Glad we figured out a solution to yours!

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

RJ
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2016, 08:37:23 AM »

This is cool! Thanks

Terzianswift
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »

Thanks for the font.

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2016, 12:01:08 AM »

I've tried every link posted in this thread for the whole font, but they all say "link not found". please help.

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS
Prophecy V3- AS(Green disc combo)

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

Aldar_Beedo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »

I've tried every link posted in this thread for the whole font, but they all say "link not found". please help.

the link is removed. if you go here you will find an updated version of the TFA graflex font.
Enjoy! Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31461.0

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2016, 01:04:52 AM »

cool thank you

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS
Prophecy V3- AS(Green disc combo)

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

Aldar_Beedo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 12:37:36 AM »

NEW update for the Graflex TFA font!

new swings, new hum, new clashes, new lockup all more movie accurate!

enjoy! Grin

DOWNLOAD LINK in ths topic:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31461.0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: