Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saberstaffs with angled emitters...  (Read 2304 times)
Xaelk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:05 PM »

are they threaded in a way so the emitters will consistently face in the same or opposite direction?

also, kind of a random question, but necessary for sizing, about how tall are you Emory? (dont need to answer this if you dont feel comfortable doing so)

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:35:17 PM »

Are you talking about sabers like Ventress' and the US version? I had the pvc version myself. Dark Apprentice if I remember right. If I would fully tighten it, it would come out uneven. So I stuck to two sabers or just didn't tighten it fully. There are rubber spacers you can use in order to help you with that. Just stick them on the male end. Metal hilt I think would be easier. On that note, any chance seeing an aluminum curved hilt?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:38:00 PM by thejedimasternick » Logged

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Xaelk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »

Im actually referring to the standard issue and prophecy staves....basicaly im wondering if the emitters or "Blade holders" will end up either parallel or perpendicular by the way they are threaded or if i would need to use spacers. my desired look: \===========\ or \===========/  with the forward and back slashes being the emitters...i really dont know how better to explain it...

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »

Great examples actually. I see what you mean. I think you would need the spacers to do that. Let's see what Ultra has to say about it.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »

They won't line up the way you want on their own, you'll have to use spacers to get the orientation you desire.

Xaelk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 04:14:17 AM »

Thanks again for the quick response Smiley

I dont mind using spacers to get my desired look so long as i get the look im going for.

the only thing that would be cooler than a standard issue saberstaff would be a wraith style saberstaff! i know it would be difficult with the flashlight setup, but maybe if you were to machine the lower part of the hilt from aluminum...well...that'd just be swell Smiley

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:21:01 PM »

How is the staff working out?

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Xaelk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »

Im mostly planning out my first purchese...i would buy a saber now if college wasnt draning me of everything i have XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: