Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake Shows Off First Gameplay  (Read 9455 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 08:45:25 AM »

Do it! You won’t regret it. Also, it will make you appreciate some of the game subtleties that went into your saber (check out the outside of the military base on Taris and you’ll see what I mean).

Pssst... I've played the game through about a dozen or more times. I know my pommel vent pattern is on the wall. Wink I also noticed the size of the Savior is pretty consistent with what's in the game. I'd thought it was, but it never hurts to check it out.

Also, I am playing again. I started as a scout, I'm training some different abilities than I've used in the past. You know, to keep it fresh.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »

Pssst... I've played the game through about a dozen or more times. I know my pommel vent pattern is on the wall. Wink I also noticed the size of the Savior is pretty consistent with what's in the game. I'd thought it was, but it never hurts to check it out.

Also, I am playing again. I started as a scout, I'm training some different abilities than I've used in the past. You know, to keep it fresh.
Oh excellent. I’m glad there are others crazy enough to recognize these things.

Always nice to keep things fresh. My first play through was a scout, but I’ve found I prefer scoundrel for starting class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »

I've done Scoundrel before too. The only one I don't like is Soldier. Hardly any skills, hardly any intelligence, just dumb muscle. I'm sure there's other people who like that class, I'm just not one of them. I usually like to become a Jedi Sentinel. Though, if I start as a Scoundrel, I sometimes go Jedi Guardian. This time, just to mix things up, I may go Jedi Consular with my Scout. Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 01:25:24 PM »

I've done Scoundrel before too. The only one I don't like is Soldier. Hardly any skills, hardly any intelligence, just dumb muscle. I'm sure there's other people who like that class, I'm just not one of them. I usually like to become a Jedi Sentinel. Though, if I start as a Scoundrel, I sometimes go Jedi Guardian. This time, just to mix things up, I may go Jedi Consular with my Scout. Smiley

Same honestly. Only ones I didn’t like were Soldier/Guardian, simply because it turns brute force into the name of the game. Personally I prefer tactics with more finesse to them. Lmk what you enduro doing with your scout. I’m currently doing a scoundrel/sentinel for research purposes for my fic (doing my first ever mobile play through because it’s easoer to record; my laptop’s recording software hates KOTOR for some reason).

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 04:23:37 PM »

I don't know, I'll decide if I want to got Consular or if I really just want to do another Sentinel when the time comes. I do like having all of those great skills you get as a Sentinel. Like you, I like playing smart. I'll be on Dantooine soon and make my decision. Where I'm at in the game, I have most of the side quests and bounties done on Taris, I just have to drop off the Promised Land journals to Rukil (going light side here) and then save Bastilla, get the plans from the Sith base and get off the planet.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »

That’s about the same place where I am in my research playthrough right now, but I want to go back and do the dueling scene also and see about cleaning up some of the bounties. I have to get to explosives still to help the dude fake his death. Plus I want to just run around with character combinations to record their interactions. Research run through is a completion it’s run through. I’m just going to hope I don’t screw up and trigger Carth’s quest with Dustil before I’m ready to go to Korriban...

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 03:24:28 AM »

I've got all the duels, all the bounties, even Bendak Starkiller, which covers both. Wink In fact, doing that duel is the only place where I got DS points. (not worried about it) I almost forgot the Promised Land thing, before I looked at my list of missions and was like: "Oh yeah." In some past play throughs where I just wanted to get to Dantooine as quickly as possible to become a Jedi, I've skipped a lot of that stuff. But, I like to do 100% nowadays.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »

I've got all the duels, all the bounties, even Bendak Starkiller, which covers both. Wink In fact, doing that duel is the only place where I got DS points. (not worried about it) I almost forgot the Promised Land thing, before I looked at my list of missions and was like: "Oh yeah." In some past play throughs where I just wanted to get to Dantooine as quickly as possible to become a Jedi, I've skipped a lot of that stuff. But, I like to do 100% nowadays.

Fun fun! I’m halfway through the duals, but needed to level up before I could do any more. Scoundrel class sadly doesn’t hold up well in the dueling arena at lower levels unless you use a lot of fancy granades or mines....and those are expensive when you’re playing light-ish side

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2018, 03:33:01 AM »

I find Marl to be the toughest duel because he comes at you with a double sword. I had to stim up for that one because Marl doesn't stay in one place long enough to hit with a grenade until he's right on you. I usually take down Duncan, Gerlon and Ice right off the bat, then I do the stuff in the lower city, under city and Vulkar base before taking on Marl. After that, I've got enough HP and grenades to make short work of Twitch and Bendak.

By the way, you want to hear some funny s***, lose to Duncan (don't hit him at all) and listen to the announcer and talk to Duncan afterward. Wink (then re-load your last save and decimate him)

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »

Yuuuup! Only thing I truly enjoyed playing as soldier was being able to sweep the dueling arena.

And unfortunately I found that out the hard way my first scoundrel playthrough as a kid when I had no idea how builds worked and used all of my points in pursuade XD I didn’t bother with the dueling arena afterward on that playthrough....

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 04:18:10 AM »

That's OK, first time I played as a Scoundrel I was wondering why I wasn't getting feats when I leveled up as often as I got them as a Scout. I wasn't really into RPGs back then.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 05:38:19 AM »

That's OK, first time I played as a Scoundrel I was wondering why I wasn't getting feats when I leveled up as often as I got them as a Scout. I wasn't really into RPGs back then.

Yeah, not the best beginning class as a kid.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 05:44:52 AM »

Sure, we'll pretend like I was a kid. I was only 24 years old when the game was released. Tongue

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2018, 06:56:25 AM »

24 is still a kid Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: