Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Tip Question?  (Read 2176 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 13, 2016, 01:09:50 AM »

So I have a blade from an OLD Grab Bag saber I don't use anymore, the tip is kinda dirty in between the tip and main blade so I was looking to getting a new tip and different film from the other guys to try out. I just want to make the blade itself prettier. Its an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade. How easy is it to pry off the old tips? Will post results once done =] Thanks for the info on that. They have a tip I want to give a try so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:24:30 AM »

Need to know soon but no rush =] Just want to fix the blade on my Overlord to make it look newer and prettier to my likings Tongue Just need to know how easy it'd be to pry off the old blade tip

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 06:24:43 PM »

How hard are you willing to hit something with it, do you care about the condition of the tip after it comes off, and do you you have a good pair of vice grip pliers?

If the answers are: violently hard, don't care, and yes, then it's very easy to get one off.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 09:17:34 PM »

I don't want to damage the blade itself so I wont be doing that. Wondering if rubber grips could actually work too because I have a set of those as well. Or maybe put a thin but strong knife in between and push up until the tip starts to come off. I just need to get that blade prettied up again but want to try a different tip style. The white tip from them with a hole drilled through the reflector disk should look interesting and cool if done right =]

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 09:23:16 PM »

Also are the tips just simply glued on? The older blades anyway. Should still be easy enough to pry off the tip

Abyss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 10:20:13 PM »

I believe I've read that heating up the tip can help loosen it as well.

Neither Light nor Dark are superior. Rigid denial of self and blood obedience to dogma is just as oppressive as abandonment to base passions and unchecked pursuit of power. Do the good you can for whom you can, but do not succumb to either extreme.

I may be Gray, but I lean Light, so those points are appreciated.

SRD Apprentice v4, BR Dark Apprentice v4

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »

Cool. Even with say a hair dryer?

Abyss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:50 AM »

Cool. Even with say a hair dryer?
I believe so. Just try to heat it slowly.

Neither Light nor Dark are superior. Rigid denial of self and blood obedience to dogma is just as oppressive as abandonment to base passions and unchecked pursuit of power. Do the good you can for whom you can, but do not succumb to either extreme.

I may be Gray, but I lean Light, so those points are appreciated.

SRD Apprentice v4, BR Dark Apprentice v4

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 01:27:25 AM »

Yes, they're just glued on.  And it's a heavy grade blade, you cannot damage it.  Scuff it maybe, but not actually damage it.

If it was a mid grade I'd say just squeeze at the very bottom of the tip to pop it off, but I'd doubt that would work on a heavy grade.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 01:34:48 AM »

Noo I mean, I want to replace the tip and stuff. I was already trolled on this idea earlier so x.x

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 04:28:31 PM »

Hey Zren,

In my brief experience with all things sabers I have actually been down this road. I've only done it once before but it worked on a heavygrade.

Use a towel and wrap the end with a tip. Fold the towel enough for what ever level of protection you want it to have. I was used my carpeted floor so I didnt event bother. I wasnt even sure it was gonna work.

First I started by cracking or breaking the glue/seal. Just start banging the blade tip on the ground in a 45 degree angle rotating the blade, do that enough times and then start bouncing the blade on its tip. After this my blade tip just fell out. The strength or intensity to use is at your discretion. Hope that helps!

Heat gun was a nice idea... might try that later just to see whats up.

Good luck.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »

Hey Zren.  I'm pretty sure that Hazard has a thread that shows how he put a hole in the tip reflector film for more illumination.  Don't know what the subject title is.  Perhaps PM him for more details.  Using dry heat to loosen up the glue, then prying off may do the trick.   Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: