Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Why do you like Star Wars so much?  (Read 48596 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »

That's excellent.  Envious. Smiley

I like to think so.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:14 PM »

As I got older the sheer scale of the engineering just blew my mind. It is probably one of the single greatest contributors of my fascination with engineering, and why I became one.
Also, a degree in engineering is quite impressive. 

That's no small feat.  My brother has an ring made of Fe as well. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:39 PM »

Also, a degree in engineering is quite impressive. 

That's no small feat.  My brother has an ring made of Fe as well. Wink

I'd have prefer Stainless if not tungsten carbide. Iron rusts. As far as my engineering degree, math and science have always come pretty easy to me. Unfortunately that damn logic upgrade makes it difficult for me to suspend disbelief when watching movies, especially sci-fi. So if I can believe the fictitious tech, you did a good job.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »

I'd have prefer Stainless if not tungsten carbide. Iron rusts. As far as my engineering degree, math and science have always come pretty easy to me. Unfortunately that damn logic upgrade makes it difficult for me to suspend disbelief when watching movies, especially sci-fi. So if I can believe the fictitious tech, you did a good job.
Personally, I choose to ignore things like...oh...say - no sound in space...or fire, but whatever.

I have a math/science background as well (Chem Tech), but it was a three year diploma...not a degree.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 09:00:23 PM »

Personally, I choose to ignore things like...oh...say - no sound in space...or fire, but whatever.

I usually don't pay too much attention to the sound thing, but the little uber-nerd in my brain started spanking it the first time I saw Jayne fire Vera in the vacuum. No sound

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 10:17:42 PM »

I usually don't pay too much attention to the sound thing, but the little uber-nerd in my brain started spanking it the first time I saw Jayne fire Vera in the vacuum. No sound
HAHAHA!

*MENTAL PIC* Delete, delete, delete. Smiley

Jamik
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:52 AM »

I remember when my parents took me to see Empire Strikes Back in the theaters when it came out. That's when I first liked SW. From millennium falcon, the X-wing fighters, the droids, and the amazing power of the force and lightsabers. I had never seen anything else like this! It has a storyline and fight scenes and amazing planets in other galaxies that causes you to wonder is there places like this out in space. Lol! When I was little I believed in the force and lightsabers and cool spaceships. But when I got older, I knew it was all visual effects, but there's still that small kid part of me that loves to imagine that it's real Lol! I love that it's a generational story about a special family long time ago from a far far far away galaxy. But it's always close to my heart growing up with Star Wars throughout the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 01:17:03 AM »

I remember when my parents took me to see Empire Strikes Back in the theaters when it came out. That's when I first liked SW. From millennium falcon, the X-wing fighters, the droids, and the amazing power of the force and lightsabers. I had never seen anything else like this! It has a storyline and fight scenes and amazing planets in other galaxies that causes you to wonder is there places like this out in space. Lol! When I was little I believed in the force and lightsabers and cool spaceships. But when I got older, I knew it was all visual effects, but there's still that small kid part of me that loves to imagine that it's real Lol! I love that it's a generational story about a special family long time ago from a far far far away galaxy. But it's always close to my heart growing up with Star Wars throughout the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love reading these.

Bedrock
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 2

I'll take on any job .... for the right price.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:29 AM »

midichlorians told me to do it.

Jedi, Sith - two sides of a coin that is no longer currency.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:27 AM »

Good answer.

+1

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »

Midichlorians are a myth. And a bad myth at that.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »

Midichlorians are a myth. And a bad myth at that.
Elaboration required.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 04:43:01 PM »

It was a weak plot device used so they could quantify how strong in the Force Anakin was. Ever notice how it never comes up again?

I just always applied the same logic behind Magic vs. Muggle in HP. You're either born with it, or not. And you just are strong or weak in it.

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »

Comes up in the Clone Wars a few times.  Not even dealing with Anakin.

It doesn't come up after the Jedi are gone as such things are outlawed, suppressed, and perhaps even forgotten under the Empire (the Jedi and Force became almost a Myth in under a generation).  Such knowledge was not imparted on Luke.  At least to our knowledge.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

It was a weak plot device used so they could quantify how strong in the Force Anakin was. Ever notice how it never comes up again?

I just always applied the same logic behind Magic vs. Muggle in HP. You're either born with it, or not. And you just are strong or weak in it.

Actually, that's kind of always the way I looked at it as well...until TPM...I don't remember ever hearing about it again in the movies, and haven't watched anything beyond that.

They are never mentioned in SWTOR.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: