Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why do you like Star Wars so much?  (Read 48499 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2019, 06:55:58 PM »

Agreed. 

It could have ended there.  There were cool parts to the rest of the story, but it got carried away, IMO.

More points for everyone...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

StarWars_and_Guitars
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

Action figure and prop collector

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2019, 03:11:17 AM »

When I was 3 years old my dad brought home the VHS copy of Star Wars. My mom was mad because she considered it too violent. It was kept out of reach on top of our piano, so my brother and I could only gaze at the box from afar. When I finally watched it, I knew it was the best movie I'd ever seen: It combined all the action and fantasy I loved about cartoons, but it was real people, and real places, and real things. Not long after, I received a Dewback, Stormtrooper, and Pilot Luke action figures, and I was hooked for life.
During the "Dark Times" (84-99) I consumed all of the Expanded Universe content I could find. The Prequel Era pushed me even further into the EU.
When the Disney buyout was announced I began seriously collecting action figures, posters, soundtracks, concept art, and.... prop replicas.  Shocked
I found US because of the wider online saber community and the release of the Archon v3. In the past two years I've owned my beloved Archon, a Menace, a Consular, and two Graflex's, and I plan on continuing to collect near-movie accurate sabers.

Archon v3
Graflex se
Consular
MR Yoda

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2019, 11:11:50 AM »

Right on. Smiley

Good on ya for finally watching it man. Tongue

Yeah - I had all kinds of toys...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2019, 11:45:25 PM »

Well I joined the forum because my mother thought it would be fun for me to share my passion in a Star Wars oriented crowd XD. My parents let me watch The Phantom Menace when I was a very lil kid, and I watched the Prequels as they came out. I'd beg to watch them over and over but one day Dad told me there were MORE Star Wars movies! I was about six and I still remember going to Wal-Mart and watching as Dad grabbed A New Hope from the movie shelf and let me see the cover. Not ashamed to say I developed  a crush on Luke Skywalker as well as a potent love for his character as I watched the Original Trilogy with such an enthusiasm. Star Wars was a perfect fairytale that got me happy, excited, nervous, sad and satisfied. And then I was introduced to The Clone Wars movie and tv show! I've loved everything up til Disney took over, but I still love Star Wars, it was my childhood, and it is my escape which allows me to be myself.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »

Well I joined the forum because my mother thought it would be fun for me to share my passion in a Star Wars oriented crowd XD. My parents let me watch The Phantom Menace when I was a very lil kid, and I watched the Prequels as they came out. I'd beg to watch them over and over but one day Dad told me there were MORE Star Wars movies! I was about six and I still remember going to Wal-Mart and watching as Dad grabbed A New Hope from the movie shelf and let me see the cover. Not ashamed to say I developed  a crush on Luke Skywalker as well as a potent love for his character as I watched the Original Trilogy with such an enthusiasm. Star Wars was a perfect fairytale that got me happy, excited, nervous, sad and satisfied. And then I was introduced to The Clone Wars movie and tv show! I've loved everything up til Disney took over, but I still love Star Wars, it was my childhood, and it is my escape which allows me to be myself.
You can sit with me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Telelaster
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2019, 10:00:25 PM »

I’m not sure when it all began to be exact I was around 6-8 and remember watching the movies on TV over the weekends. Then I remember all the hype about episode 1 coming out.(I unfortunately never got to see it in theaters till that 3d rerelease). But man I remember having pod racer and that might be the game I’ve put more time into then any other game ever. I remember the movie came out and I rented it like every weekend for a month. Then I moved that summer of episode 2 to a totally new place, that luckily had a local rental place and being in a place with no friends I think I rented that the whole first school year. Later on episode 3 came out I still remember going to the midnight with friends from school, getting kicked out of the Walmart before hand for having lightsaber fights through the whole building. I guess I am about the perfect age group to have followed the movies before prequels and through all the great stuff that followed. I now get to share my passion with my own kids and maybe that’s just why it’s always stuck with me. It’s just always been there the cog in my life that keeps entertained anytime I need it and sometimes when I don’t realize I do. It’s like a security blanket for baby to me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2019, 01:09:41 PM »

I’m not sure when it all began to be exact I was around 6-8 and remember watching the movies on TV over the weekends. Then I remember all the hype about episode 1 coming out.(I unfortunately never got to see it in theaters till that 3d rerelease). But man I remember having pod racer and that might be the game I’ve put more time into then any other game ever. I remember the movie came out and I rented it like every weekend for a month. Then I moved that summer of episode 2 to a totally new place, that luckily had a local rental place and being in a place with no friends I think I rented that the whole first school year. Later on episode 3 came out I still remember going to the midnight with friends from school, getting kicked out of the Walmart before hand for having lightsaber fights through the whole building. I guess I am about the perfect age group to have followed the movies before prequels and through all the great stuff that followed. I now get to share my passion with my own kids and maybe that’s just why it’s always stuck with me. It’s just always been there the cog in my life that keeps entertained anytime I need it and sometimes when I don’t realize I do. It’s like a security blanket for baby to me.
OMG you too? I can measure time spent playing in the weeks. Did you ever get the debug code and tweak opponent racers to have the same stats you would be racing with if you were playing that character?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Telelaster
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2019, 10:22:37 PM »

OMG you too? I can measure time spent playing in the weeks. Did you ever get the debug code and tweak opponent racers to have the same stats you would be racing with if you were playing that character?
No I did not but that’s sounds really cool. I just kept racing regular style but could never get enough of it, it’s like it had a hidden message in the racing.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »

Jedi Power Battles was the first Star Wars game I played... Greatest day was when I unlocked Darth Maul.  TFU was the next one and then SWTOR...which I still play from time to time.  Fallen Order has piqued my interest a bit though.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »

Honestly, my first love is Marvel comics which brought me into different worlds and characters with stories that I lived in for years.  Star Wars did the same thing for me, brought me into a universe that I'm quite fond of and can live in.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »

No I did not but that’s sounds really cool. I just kept racing regular style but could never get enough of it, it’s like it had a hidden message in the racing.
Yeah.....I had played so much, I got bored. At first I simply increased the AI level for more of a challenge (except for Grabvine Gateway and Abyss. Just....hell no). Then I tapped into 'Edit Vehicle Stats', and found out what every pod's stats were for every upgrade. It took a while, but was worth it for the ultimate racing experience, and also helped separate the real winners from the duds.

If you ever want to get your retro-game on again: go to the code entry area and punch in RRTANGENTABACUS, then when you start a race hit pause then UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT (or up, left, down, right; it's been a while and more muscle memory than anything else). Also unlocks invincibility. Grin Drive like a madman with no ill side affects.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2019, 01:26:30 PM »

Jedi Power Battles was the first Star Wars game I played

YES! My first as well! I....

I never beat mission 3  Lips sealed

BUT I REPLAYED THE HELL OUTTA MISSIONS 1-2.

I should go back and beat that game sometime...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2019, 02:02:15 PM »

YES! My first as well! I....

I never beat mission 3  Lips sealed

BUT I REPLAYED THE HELL OUTTA MISSIONS 1-2.

I should go back and beat that game sometime...
Retro gaming is the best. I had a score of games that I was no good at on the Genesis, but as I grew and played more advanced games on newer systems I got better. Going back, what was once impossible is now child's play.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: