Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Why do you like Star Wars so much?  (Read 48489 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2018, 07:59:08 PM »

Hey sweet. Smiley

Thanks for sharing guys.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2018, 08:20:06 PM »

My grandma took me to see the original trilogy movies in the 90's when they were re-released, got hooked ever since. Then I randomly found Ultra Sabers in like 2005 first time I think, I think my first actual purchase was in like 2008 maybe? Then I got hooked on the prequels, now the new movies with a crossguard saber and I think that's the sickest saber design next to Maul's lightsabers =] If some of you might remember I had a Bellicose with older sound but then it broke on me a few years ago so x.x The speaker kept shorting on me I think and didn't really know how to fix it at the time. Wish I would've kept that one to turn it into a stunt at least x.x I had a big collection of regular character sabers but stupidly got rid of most of them. My top favorite was my Windu ROTS lightsaber. First purchase though was a Liberator V2 in Consular Green, really liked how that saber looked, then a Blazing Red Dominix V2 LE, then a Grab Bag scored the same saber just in Sun Rider's Destiny, really miss those 3 sabers. Then a Liberator V3 was released, got a Dark in Emerald Green, had a much tighter blade fit if that makes sense than the older ones did Tongue Then finally the V4 line of sabers came out and first one out of those was the Dominix V4 LE in Guardian Blue because I've always been a Dominix saber fan so, then lost those 2 sabers as well x.x I plan to re-build some of my collection back again by October so. But I myself just ignore all the Star Wars hatred as of recently, wanted to go see the Solo movie but ran out of time plus was hesitant about it too for all the confusion and beginning hate

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2018, 09:52:03 AM »

Cool Zren.  You've had quite the collection.  Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2018, 11:39:26 AM »

Zren, I'm amazed by your incredible collection!  Every time you post pictures, I look at them in awe and it also gives me the itch to buy more.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2018, 11:01:55 PM »

Zren, I'm amazed by your incredible collection!  Every time you post pictures, I look at them in awe and it also gives me the itch to buy more.

^^^Addiction^^^ Tongue

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2018, 01:28:28 AM »

^^^Addiction^^^ Tongue

So true, haha. And I wouldn’t have it any other way

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2018, 08:46:59 AM »

I first saw A New Hope when I was around 6 years old. My father showed it to me, and I thought it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, just because of the conception of technology as extraordinary as the Death Star - it opened up an entire new realm of thinking in me. Suddenly, anything could be possible if you could engineer it correctly, even a planet-destroying space station. From there I was instantly obsessed, and I made my Dad go out and rent every other Star Wars movie from the video store (yes, they still had those around back then). And with each movie I saw, I just became more and more enthralled with the technology and the vast universe of the story. This was another aspect that I'd just never seen anything like. Star Wars got me interested in space travel, and from there, I studied other aspects of the natural universe until I found my calling as an evolutionary biology major.

And in each movie, the lightsaber duels just got better and better. I saw Revenge of the Sith in the Theater around 2 years later, and I was completely gobsmacked with how it looked, and all the epic battles. From there my father purchased me my first toy lightsaber at 8 years old, and immediately, since I barely had any friends as a kid, I'd go out into the back yard and do nothing but practice lightsaber combat all day. Pretty soon I was the Jedi Master of the block. None of the neighbor kids, or my sister wanted to fight me anymore because they knew I'd win, or they'd get whacked somewhere REALLY hard - I really loved what I now know is called the Djem So Falling Avalanche move as a kid. After that, I gained a lot of friends, but I kept practicing solo every now and then, until this year, when my marching band did a show that was nothing but the sountrack for the Force Awakens. I brought some of those cheap toy lightsabers, and at band camp during the breaks, I had a blast lopping people's limbs off (not really). I've always loved the art of the sword, and Star Wars is what sparked that interest.

In short, Star Wars has been my third parent, and for a long while, the characters in Star Wars were some of my closest friends.

But, more than just getting me interested in science and combat, the philosophies present in the movies have been battling themselves out over the course of my life - I believe strongly in fairness and justice, like a Jedi, but because of this I love to take revenge on those who have wronged me, and this has gotten me into a lot of trouble, so my parents always used to say, "Don't take revenge. That's what Sith do." But then I'd say, "what about justice?" And since then I'm always conflicted right before I do it, because I know the Sith are technically the bad guys in the Star Wars universe, but in recent years, I've embraced the Dark Side.

And found a... larger view of the Force.

Every other Star Wars fan I've met (many of whom are my friends because of our mutual fandom) has called me a Fallen Jedi, or a Jedi-turned Sith Lord, upon our discussion of the stories.

This past year, a particularly good friend of mine gave me the name Darth Trivius.

Recently, I discovered US while watching a Star Wars Theory video on Youtube, and an ad for the company popped up. Normally, I immediately x-out of those, but this one looked interesting.

Now here I am, sporting a red Aeon v4.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2018, 12:05:52 PM »

SWEET! 

Great story Darth Trivius.  Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »

I first saw A New Hope when I was around 6 years old. My father showed it to me, and I thought it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, just because of the conception of technology as extraordinary as the Death Star - it opened up an entire new realm of thinking in me. Suddenly, anything could be possible if you could engineer it correctly, even a planet-destroying space station. From there I was instantly obsessed, and I made my Dad go out and rent every other Star Wars movie from the video store (yes, they still had those around back then). And with each movie I saw, I just became more and more enthralled with the technology and the vast universe of the story. This was another aspect that I'd just never seen anything like. Star Wars got me interested in space travel, and from there, I studied other aspects of the natural universe until I found my calling as an evolutionary biology major.

And in each movie, the lightsaber duels just got better and better. I saw Revenge of the Sith in the Theater around 2 years later, and I was completely gobsmacked with how it looked, and all the epic battles. From there my father purchased me my first toy lightsaber at 8 years old, and immediately, since I barely had any friends as a kid, I'd go out into the back yard and do nothing but practice lightsaber combat all day. Pretty soon I was the Jedi Master of the block. None of the neighbor kids, or my sister wanted to fight me anymore because they knew I'd win, or they'd get whacked somewhere REALLY hard - I really loved what I now know is called the Djem So Falling Avalanche move as a kid. After that, I gained a lot of friends, but I kept practicing solo every now and then, until this year, when my marching band did a show that was nothing but the sountrack for the Force Awakens. I brought some of those cheap toy lightsabers, and at band camp during the breaks, I had a blast lopping people's limbs off (not really). I've always loved the art of the sword, and Star Wars is what sparked that interest.

In short, Star Wars has been my third parent, and for a long while, the characters in Star Wars were some of my closest friends.

But, more than just getting me interested in science and combat, the philosophies present in the movies have been battling themselves out over the course of my life - I believe strongly in fairness and justice, like a Jedi, but because of this I love to take revenge on those who have wronged me, and this has gotten me into a lot of trouble, so my parents always used to say, "Don't take revenge. That's what Sith do." But then I'd say, "what about justice?" And since then I'm always conflicted right before I do it, because I know the Sith are technically the bad guys in the Star Wars universe, but in recent years, I've embraced the Dark Side.

And found a... larger view of the Force.

Every other Star Wars fan I've met (many of whom are my friends because of our mutual fandom) has called me a Fallen Jedi, or a Jedi-turned Sith Lord, upon our discussion of the stories.

This past year, a particularly good friend of mine gave me the name Darth Trivius.

Recently, I discovered US while watching a Star Wars Theory video on Youtube, and an ad for the company popped up. Normally, I immediately x-out of those, but this one looked interesting.

Now here I am, sporting a red Aeon v4.

Great story, Trivius!  Welcome to the forum, I love the Aeon.  Thinking about picking one up for dueling since from what I've read, they can take a real beating and not hesitate one bit.  I like how you stuck with your love for Star Wars and continued to do so

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2018, 06:41:48 PM »

Thanks you guys!

And for the Dark Side Points!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2019, 03:19:20 PM »

I was but a young lad when I met my best friend and subsequently introduced me slowly to the trilogy. I thought they were different movies all together till his brother said, "It's a series." While I'm beginning, and there's no prequel I must know that from old vhs tapes they included extras like the scene with Wedge and look in SkyHoppers driving down the canyons and dunes of Tatooine in episode IV. I went and bought the trilogies only to find that Wedge and the sky hoppers disappears, but I've got to listen to the stupidest extended version of that horrendous song alien 'singing' in it! I wanted it to end so badly. Eventually they took that out, but Wedge and Luke's sky hopper were missing. I sold  that series quickly.

My papillon who was with me agreed before he went to Disney heaven. R.I.P. Gizmo.
some 15 years later, here I am at Walmart pondering over the original film and of course the aforementioned former course of events happened, at least in my mind. So I go online and find the prequel episodes I,II,and III. I left like it's a part of my education as far as any school( old school) did . . . .
Now I'm in IT. . . .

YOU CAN SEE A POST OF THE LIGHTING OF MY ARCHON V3.1 ON MY FURNITURE THE VERY SAME WEAPON THAT LUKE USED IN RETURN OF THE JEDI. THEIR WERE 4 LIGHTS ON FAN WITH ALL LIGHTS ON, HEAVY BLADE AND FOIL STUFF INSIDE; look how bright it is with TRI lads:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145393807@N05/40205998933/in/dateposted-ff/

Here I am 31 years old with my life revolving around Star Wars. Let's not forget my mother buying me every action figure possible.
O Marie, consu sans peche prei pour nu qui avon recou avou.

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2019, 11:42:34 PM »

Hey just seeing this!

Thanks for sharing guys. Smiley

Points.

bws
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Lightside points please

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »

I was about 4 when I convinced my Grandmother to take me to see it. It was probably my third movie to see in the theater. From then I was hooked  on anything Sci-Fi. For a time I was really big into Star Trek because it was always there in some form either be it in movies or T.V. decent place holder while waiting for the next Star Wars film to come out. But my one true love has always been Star Wars. Favorite characters of course have always been Chewie and Obi Wan. What drove me to US was the ongoing search for a decent looking lightsaber that didn't break the bank. US was of course that answer. I've bought several of the blade builder lightsabers for my son and was never really happy with the bulkyness of the plastic hilt or the telesopic blade. Which by the way will not hold up to even a 4 yr old beating the crap out of it. But, in short it has been my love of all things Star Wars that fueled my search for the perfect lightsaber and I think I have found that hear with US. Thank you guys and gals for keeping this old kid's fantasy alive. 

Dark Willow
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2019, 11:04:54 PM »

My dad had me watch the movie when I was 4, I fell in love with these goofy characters, this fascinating world, the awesome lightsaber combat and these people who inhabited a universe of possibilities. As I have gotten older I love that star wars has something for everyone, from the knight orders of the Jedi, to the dark mysticism of the dark adept, to the people just looking to make a credit, like the mandalorians, or smugglers. The galaxy is so large and expansive that if you get bored of one thing you can take a break and enjoy some shoot bangs stories from the outer rim, or from the lower levels of Coruscant if you don't want to go out that far. It's big, it doesn't always make sense, and it's beautiful and that to me is what Star Wars is all about, making your own story in this craze verse

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2019, 04:38:41 AM »

AWESOME guys. Smiley

Thanks for sharing.

Points. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: