Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 2-channel Emerald pulse setting questions  (Read 3055 times)
Shield madien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

" Luke I said No" Han will get mad

« on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:38 AM »

Evening Everyone,
     So I have my 1  of 2 sabers  a Shock LE   2- channel  emerald  with FOC got in Blue + Silver. My goal was/ is   flicker settings. I've been reading up on topics here . Fooling around with settings reading others settings and i just keep ending up with a fast strobe light effect. I keep messing with the top portion and the bottom portion.
               So if anyone is reading this I would Love for someone to post some exact settings to achieve main color Blue.  Flicker/ Shimmer to diff/ lighter  shade of blue. And have the FOC just be silver.  Each time I change stuff i end up getting a strobe effect and the FOC not changing colors .
                I change top section to 6 secs but then the others set themselves to 0. It seems I can only change the values for the top numbers. I think the more I mess with it the more confused I'm getting.lol.

BIG THANKS to anyone just want to learn so it's OK just treat me like I'm a  10 year old Lmao. Pictures would be a sweet bonus too to make it idiot proof lol

Own
Graflex CE  Emerald
Shock LE  Guardian Blue

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »

Try this thread:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26443.0

Upper bar:
Try 0.06 seconds for each color and transition time.  Or even 0.04 seconds.   As low as 0.1 seconds overall time for the pulse setting.

If you go too light it won't looks much different from white.

Try  something like 100% blue and 40% Silver for color 1 and 80% blue and 40% Silver for color 2.

Lower Bar:
Flash on Clash you only need to change the first color to 100% Silver (leave the second the Color 2 blue you have for the pulse)  Reduce the time to maybe 0.08 seconds.

If you wand just blue (Guardian Blue), don't add any Silver to the Upper bar,  Have Blue at 100% for Color one and just reduce the Blue to 80% on Color two and it should be fine

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Shield madien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:29:37 AM »

Thank you for the reply but I already read that post plus tom foils original posts I guess I'm just  ditzy . Cause still same problem the number values it only let's me change the top number the ones below it change by themselves. I've looked everywhere for video about it

. And nadda just an overview that doesnt help.
          Bummed I have an emerald and can't make anything but a  depressing strobe light Lmao. I guess I just don't understand.  Pretty sad  I run a successful  business but can't figure this out. Disadvantage of being from an older school generation .

Own
Graflex CE  Emerald
Shock LE  Guardian Blue

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 03:23:19 AM »

Are you looking for a fast flicker, or a slow pulse where you fade from one color to the other?  I'm assuming you want the fast flicker.

Here is a picture of my blue settings.

For your FoC, make sure you set yours to silver (mine is yellow).  Have you clicked the boxes that enable the FoC in both your emerald driver and your obsidian driver?

As for the timing, yes, the top number is the only one you can change, but if you look at the top bar (the blue one), you'll see 3 vertical lines. I slid one to the far left.  I slid the other 2 to be right next to each other.  If you slide those 2 and keep them right next to each other, you can adjust the timing for the bottom time values.  Slide the lines to be right next to each other to create the flicker, and then place the where you want them.  So, my time is 0.06 seconds, and the line is about 2/3 of the way to the right.  As you can see, that would give me a time of 0.04 s on one color and 0.02 for the alternate color.  Another example would be if you put the lines in the middle with a total time value of 0.08 s, then the lower boxes would change to 0.04 and 0.04.

Here is the youtube video that shows how to change the colors and play with the timing a bit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q</a>

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 04:13:07 AM »

Thanks so much for  posting this Landen. I tried explaining it to her on the phone but your example is way easier to follow. I think I'm just bad at simplifying explanations

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Shield madien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »

Thank you so much Landen Se-sentien.  The actual pic and video helped . I hot it.  Some how I must have missed Emory 's video as well.  Sorry Bull, you got to technical on me  Roll Eyes

Own
Graflex CE  Emerald
Shock LE  Guardian Blue

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 03:25:39 PM »

Good! I'm glad it was a help for you. I love the flicker with my emerald, and I'm glad you get to enjoy it, too.

Yeah, US had a lot of videos out. The first place I always go is their youtube channel. They also have some of them embedded in the options section. For example, they have one for the different battery setups in the battery option page when you build a saber.  You have to scroll a bit, but they are there, and they're the same ones on their youtube channel. Anytime I go look at a saber, I grab a shovel, because I know I'm going to have to dig to find some information, because there are just so many options. Luckily, I now know I don't have to dig very far, I know where to dig, and I know I'll find it.

If you have any other questions, keep asking them.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: