Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate V2 LE in Adegan Silver and Ultrashirt  (Read 4753 times)
imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »

Yesterday i received a very anticipated order from Ultrasabers.  And man is it nice.

For ages weaponry has become more and more elegant, complex, intricate.  But one fact has stood the test of time.  Simplicity in weaponry can most certainly make it the most effective, if not efficient.  So, it is my honor to introduce you to.

The Dark Initiate V2 Limited Edition

Redemption

The Hilt

I'm writing this review at the shop so this time around theres no ruler.  Just stats.  The hilt is made of black anodized aluminum. And its is very black, very solid, and the finish is very smooth too.  And because of its simple design it is very light.  Because this is the limited edition, the groves are very nice and silver and very shiny.  There is one accent hole for the light and one retention screw, as most all sabers do. It measures at about 8.75", and the grip-able area (i like to point that out in reviews) is about 7".  For my hands this is perfect size, weight and balance.

Grooves near the emitter

Grooves near the bottom

Lookin Good

Accent Hole

The only problem is the battery pack.  I was spinning it around, and feeling something moving inside.  This happens sometimes on my prophecy due to vibrations shaking the pommel and thumbscrews loose.  I checked the pommel and it was good. The problem was the battery pack.  Although the wiring is nice and tight (they made sure the thing sticks out just far enough for batteries (see below in color section) there is a little space left in the hilt for it to move up and down.  This isnt a problem on my prophecy because the pack is wide enough to get wedged in the hilt.  Dont know if this counts as a warranty problem though.

The Blade

Before this review, i had not tested the full durability of a Mid-Grade blade.  I had a wooden dowel staff and banged it against that but have not tried 2 sabers moving at the same speed.  Last night that changed.  I can vouch that Mid-Grade blades are awesomely durable and can be used for everything except daily heavy sparring/dueling.   They are not as rigid as the heavy grades and a have a bit of flex to them.  I like the way Nero Attoru put it when he said that (not his exact words) they are not as lethal as a heavy grade because of the flex, so less chance of injury.

There was a bit of problem with blade and dust again.  I was probably wasnt clear before when i said there was dust in the blade.  The blade is Poly-carbonate tube with a reflective film inside held in place with some glue. The debris, is lodged in that space between the layer of film and the inside of the tube.  I don't feel i deserve a replacement, but it was just an observation.

Front view of culprit (hard to see but try to see the bending of the reflection)

This angle shows the curve a bit

The Color

From the moment i set my eyes on the image of an Imperial Knight holding a silver lightsaber, i fell in love with the color.  I originally did not order the color because i thought it would look too much like a fluorescent light tube.  Then i learned that if combined with a non-ultra-edge blade it leans closer to that silvery color.  Its still white, but not as white as i believe it would have been in an ultra-edge.

Adegan Silver Powered by Sanyo Eneloopsx4 (thats as far as the pack comes out)

Turn Heads and be different with Adegan Silver

Next to my Prophecy SunRiders Destiny

It came with color discs, but they came oddly packaged.  They were shrink wrapped to the blade.  In the future though, if anyone gets it shipped like this, please be very careful on how you get it off the blade.  I used a pair of small scissors, and as surgically as possible tried to remove it off the blade.  I ended up scratching the blade a bit.  Bummer.

Please Remove with caution

The color discs

The Handling 

It is so light.  The overall length with a 32"blade (or at least i think it is) 35".  With batteries installed, the balance point is about 1" above the emitter.  And it spins very fast.  As its been said a lot, this would work great as an off-hand saber with a shorter blade.

Bonus 1
The Shipping

From San Jose CA, to Las Vegas NV it takes 2 days after reaching the shipping facility to get to my hands. On my last shipment, i faced a plague of packing peanuts, which i think was standard on a lot of other peoples order.  This time around though, everything was packed with bubble wrap, which was much neater, but what i found odd was that the t-shirt was bubble wrapped too.... hm..

Bubble wrap saber, bubble wrap stand, bubble wrap.......t-shirt?

Say hello the the bubble saber v1

Bonus 2
The Shirt

So to show my allegiance to Ultra Sabers, i purchased a Ultrasabers t-shirt.  I got the SexyBack edition.  Cause well.....anyways.  The shirt right out the bubble wrap 100% Preshrunk cotton.  Its a bit scratchy at first, but nothing a few days of sweat, detergent and good fabric softener cant fix.  its hot here in Las Vegas and a black shirt doesnt help much, so i was thinking how bout a line of UltraSaber active wear.  That would be good for saber training and such.

The back (sorry for that wrinkle there)

UltraSabers, where even our T-shirts are Ultra

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:48:05 PM »

Good Review mate!

How do you get the Filters?

How do I ask for them basically. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »

Good Review mate!

How do you get the Filters?

How do I ask for them basically. Grin

Thanks dude.  I fell in love with the initiate hilt so much, i cant save or wait for another one.

You mean the discs?  The color discs come standard with adegan silver LEDs.

as for LEE filters, you gotta order them

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:41:50 PM »

ULTRA COTTON FTW! lol That's sweet, and I love how the saber looks. Very choice! Can't help but think one could almost do a Bellicose over to get that Knight look though. Figure out a way around those lower grips and it'd be a fairly close thing.

Anyways, great saber, love your review. Most informative.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 12:02:57 AM »

ULTRA COTTON FTW! lol That's sweet, and I love how the saber looks. Very choice! Can't help but think one could almost do a Bellicose over to get that Knight look though. Figure out a way around those lower grips and it'd be a fairly close thing.

Anyways, great saber, love your review. Most informative.

yea, that sounds possible with a bellicose, its halfway there.
i think another way you could get to an imperial knight saber is a consular, if its shroud closed all the way on the one side.  The only thing left is having an angled emitter.

and thanks for the thanks, holding this saber in my hand, i wish i had another, and damn myself for not deciding on getting a staff instead to avoid this .

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 12:18:44 AM »

Hey, don't regret not getting the staff. Needing another one gives you something to look forwards to, and if you HAD gotten the staff then right now you'd be mad at yourself for not getting two staffs. LOL

Good point, a consular with a new emitter and a special shroud might also work quite well. Be interesting to see if Ultra ever puts out an alternate shroud for that one!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 12:28:13 AM »

Hey, don't regret not getting the staff. Needing another one gives you something to look forwards to, and if you HAD gotten the staff then right now you'd be mad at yourself for not getting two staffs. LOL

Good point, a consular with a new emitter and a special shroud might also work quite well. Be interesting to see if Ultra ever puts out an alternate shroud for that one!

or just resurrect the old Imperial Knight saber!  And thats true about looking forward to a new one.  Its like christmas, and the UPS man is a year round santa claus.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 06:33:29 AM »

Nice review man! I'm planning on getting my next saber in Adegan Silver. I can't wait to get it! Smiley

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »

Hey man, for the battery pack all you have to do is wrap some tape around it and it will stop rattling.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »

Excellent choice!! I have a Dark Initiate V2 LE in AS also, it's a great saber!    ...get some Lee Filters!!

dark side points please

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »

Excellent choice!! I have a Dark Initiate V2 LE in AS also, it's a great saber!    ...get some Lee Filters!!

I got me some lee fliters, still experimenting, trying to pick the best colors, and figuring out a way to file them or keep them in order so i wont have to guess what color is what, since theres like 10 shades of any color.

And i cant wait till the new V3 LEs come out to have a main hand Dark Initiate AS!

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 06:46:26 PM »

Knight How does the initiate feel with the longer blade on it?

Your personal opinion. Grin

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »

Knight How does the initiate feel with the longer blade on it?

Your personal opinion. Grin

well here's the kicker, i dual wield my prophecy also with a 32" and theres a big difference.

the initiate is wayyyy lighter.  and very fast.  with the prophecy it has a lot more body to it so i have to put a little force into swinging and stopping.

with the medium blade in it, it feels.....well, like a one handed sword.  using two hands makes it feel like a lightsaber should, like theres no weight in the blade.

hope that answers your curiosity.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »

well here's the kicker, i dual wield my prophecy also with a 32" and theres a big difference.

the initiate is wayyyy lighter.  and very fast.  with the prophecy it has a lot more body to it so i have to put a little force into swinging and stopping.

with the medium blade in it, it feels.....well, like a one handed sword.  using two hands makes it feel like a lightsaber should, like theres no weight in the blade.

hope that answers your curiosity.

I was just curious how you felt about it, cause I haven tried it yet. Grin

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »

I was just curious how you felt about it, cause I haven tried it yet. Grin

you have a 32 incher laying around dont ya?  pop it in one of those initiates.  the weight is just right for spinning (mid grades at least)

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: