Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose, Raven and Dominix V2 LE  (Read 2477 times)
Dave316
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: September 24, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »

Ok guys, as promised I will review these three sabers that I purchased from Ultrasabers. Firstly though, I would just like to say that I'm really pleased that Ultrasabers uses UPS, and not USPS. I'm not sure if its the same deal in the states and elsewhere for you guys, but when it comes to deliveries to Australia, UPS far exceeds USPS. UPS packages get to me in 4-5 days from America, whereas USPS can seriously take longer than a month on almost every occasion. UPS also has a lot better parcel tracking. Anyway, now that's out of the way, here are the sabers I purchased...

First up, is a bellicose. I purchased this one for myself as my saber that I chose with obsidian sound. I looked through all the hilts available and this one jumped out at me. It was a bonus that it was on sale at the time and also one of the cheapest available. This was definitely the one for me Smiley

So as for my choices, I picked of course the obsidian soundboard. I got the blue AV illuminated switch added too. My favourite colour is blue, and think that blue sabers look awesome, so I went with the guardian blue. I went ahead and got the ultra edge heavy grade blade with it, as we would be using them to duel. I picked the black blade holder as it seems a lot of people here did, mostly due to the fact that it continues the pattern of the hilt. Li-ion setup of course, no need to explain that one. Bronze button as it seemed to go best with it from the pics I saw. Short groove pommel as I preferred the look. Quick disconnect as I plan to swap out colours. Finally the round tip as I didn't feel like getting stabbed with a pointy end...plus, you know I'm impatient and didn't want the increased lead time Tongue

Ok so I unpacked my sabers and when I saw the bellicose I couldn't believe that somehow, no matter how awesome I thought it looked in pictures, it looks just so much better in person! The hilt is absolutely amazing. I am glad with all my decisions regarding the hilt. The blue AV switch is perfect, the short grooves suit it perfectly and the bronze button looks awesome. When the sunlight hits this hilt it really shines and looks beautiful. When unscrewing the pommel to get to the battery pack, it feels really nice (that sounds a bit strange, but if you have you one know what I mean...it unscrews perfectly). Even though there are the two buttons plus belt holder near the bottom, there is plenty of room left to grab the hilt as it is quite large in size to be able to get a good grip for locking up with your opponent. Seeing how big this hilt is, you would think it would be insanely heavy. It in fact isn't, and is obviously made to be the perfect weight for dueling. For looks and feel alone I give this hilt pretty much a perfect 10.

About to charge my saber and I notice that of course the charger is for a US power point, so I go to an electronics store and get the adapter. Although at this stage it seems to have plenty of power and shines bright. The obsidian soundboard I notice immediately is VERY loud and menacing. I only had some hasbro's and MR FX's before acquiring these, so the difference is insane. The clash and swing sounds are very impressive indeed. I recommend everyone to at least have one Ultrasaber with obsidian sound Smiley

The guardian blue blade shines brightly, and is a vibrant, full blue colour. This is my favourite of the three colours I picked with this order. To me it shines the brightest of all of them, and is a personal fave. Now onto some pics...

Shining brightly with the sun hitting it

The pommel I chose

The black blade holder

I especially like these views as they look like actual real lightsabers with no blades in them Smiley (Note, the raven pic looks better for this)

Speaking of the raven, that one is up next. My girlfriend chose this one, as she instantly liked the look of it as her personal favourite. She chose arctic blue, which is something different for this hilt for sure. Ultra edge heavy grade once again. Normal claws as its really big enough as it is. Obsidian with blue switch and li-ion. SS edition pommel as we both agreed it looks cool. Round tip and quick disconnect with an extra blazing red MLS unit.

Opening this one up, the first thing you notice is just how big it really is. I mean the hilt itself is pretty much the same size as the bellicose, but with the claws added it just towers over the bellicose. Funnily enough though, its only slightly heavier than the bellicose is. This hilt once again looks awesome and is very well made. She loves it of course, and it far exceeded her expectations. There are more firm grips on the lower half of the hilt than the bellicose, which pretty much lock your fingers in when gripping it. Very nice feel indeed. The claws are very sturdy indeed and are just put perfectly on that they don't get in the way of dueling (well not yet anyways Tongue). Once again you get that same feeling when unscrewing the pommel to get to the battery pack. It works out well because personally she is a bigger fan of the raven, whereas I prefer my bellicose. You can't really fault either though, its just a preference thing.

Turning it on and seeing the arctic blue is really cool. Its a similar brightness to the guardian blue (although I think the guardian blue is slightly brighter), and its a fair bit lighter of course than the guardian. Both very nice colours though. Next I change over the MLS units, which is very simple indeed. We have the almighty blazing red in the sith-like raven! Wow, the blazing red is so awesome. Instantly suits the raven, and lights the whole room. Here we have the raven:

We can see how the claws this time shine really brightly when the sun hits them.

A closer look at the SS pommel...

...and the claws. Awesome, right?

Check out the almighty blazing red! Seriously amazing pic, looks so much like a real lightsaber!

Ok, lastly onto the dominix V2 LE. I chose arctic blue with this one, ultra edge heavy grade and round tip. In choosing my last saber, I wanted a stunt saber designed purely for spinning and dueling. This was going to be my one for really swinging around. In knowing this, I wanted a saber with a good grip, and a simple look with nothing to get in the way of holding and moving my hands around the hilt.

Seriously guys, I knew when ordering the bellicose and raven that they were going to be epic, especially with the obsidian soundboard. That was a given. I got this third saber, the dominix as kind of an extra. Not really thinking about this saber too much when my package was getting shipped, and really just looking forward to getting the other two, I almost forgot about this one. Then I opened it up when it arrived, and took a proper look at it. My god, you guys will think I'm absolutely crazy for saying this, but this is my favourite of all three sabers! Let me explain myself. Yes, it doesn't have the obsidian soundboard. But that's completely separate to the hilts, so that can't really be a factor. This hilt is my favourite to hold in my hand. Its a fair bit smaller, and a lot skinnier than the other two hilts. This one is really made for dueling and spinning especially though. With nothing in the way at all I can grip it wherever I want, and grip it properly. Its obviously a fair bit lighter than the others too. The LE edition far exceeds the look of the normal dominix V2 in my opinion, the silver grooves shine so brightly and look amazing. Towards the top of the hilt, there are three silver grooves which you will see in the picture, that are PERFECT for just placing your thumb and finger around to be able to spin the saber. I can't say enough how much I love this hilt. I mean for it to be my favourite over the bellicose and raven should be saying enough really. It looks to me like something off kill bill! Oh, and removing the blade I might add, makes for this hilt to be the best flashlight! The blade shines so brightly without the blade and goes a VERY long way. So there you go, two uses for it Wink Here are some pics of the epic dominix V2 LE!

Those three grooves that are closer together towards the top is my spinning point Smiley

Oooh shiny

Close up of the spinning point and the "real" lightsaber look

My next thought is that I would like a coupler and second dominix V2 LE hilt to make a staff. Although I definitely don't have room in the house, so I need to find a good space to get that going. I'm also going to order some mid grade regular blades, as I'm glad I got the ultra edge heavy grades for dueling purposes, but I can't help but notice when I take the blades off how much brighter they look and that these other blades would look better for display purposes and have a brighter look.

Just quickly, a look at all three together for size comparison:

Also, a shot I took of them lit up in the dark last night:

Well, there you have it folks. Sorry for the long winded review, (it took me AAGES and I'm exhausted), but I wanted to show everybody in great detail my thoughts on my order and how happy I am with everything. I hope I can help some people that aren't sure whether or not they wanted to purchase any of these hilts. I thoroughly recommend any of these three, they make great additions to your saber collections.

I've just had a terrible thought, and I'm seriously worried that all these pics don't work that I've linked...I hope I'm wrong but when I preview it, they come up with a "?" box. If they don't work I can link to my photobucket if people are interested. If they don't work I apologise, I'm not really sure how to get them working.

Thanks everyone for reading (if you managed to read it all) Wink

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:22:14 AM »

Nice review. Guardian blue is one of my favorite colors too.  Btw I don't know if its just me but I can't see the pics though.

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Dave316
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:34:39 AM »

Yeah mate, they're definitely not working Sad I have no idea how to fix it. Any suggestions anyone? I've clicked on the "insert picture" button and then copied and pasted my photobucket image into the space.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »

Just copy and past the image code from photobucket and paste that in. Don't use the insert image thing on the forum.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »

Nice collection so far but I can't see your pics. D: Post youtube videos. xp

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »

In the reply area click on the "insert image button".  go to photobucket and click on the direct link, then make sure you cursor is in-between the opposite parenthesis , then right click and paste.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Dave316
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:12:11 AM »

Ok I seriously didn't want to ask this as I feel like a complete idiot...but how do I edit my first post to fix up the pics? :S I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I bet it's right in front of me.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 03:51:11 AM »

Ok I seriously didn't want to ask this as I feel like a complete idiot...but how do I edit my first post to fix up the pics? :S I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I bet it's right in front of me.

Unfortunately the forum has a time limit to edit your posts. Yours timed out, so you'll have to PM a mod. just ask them to correct your pics.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »

Well I basically just ended up quoting your original post and copied one of your links in it to my web browser and it took me  to your album.  Very Awesome collection. =P 

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Dave316
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:33 AM »

Oh cool well I'm glad someone saw them at least :p

Hopefully they get sorted out soon. Thanks for the kind words by the way!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: