Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian Pommel Choke Piece Question  (Read 3218 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 30, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »

So I was wondering, I might also get me a Guardian pommel just to use the choke point under the blade holder. Will it fit and would it dim the blade much at all or no? This is what I'm referring to. Going to try and make my saber as dark as possible ;o I know you guys sometimes use that as a choke piece so. Will post result pics when I get everything next week =] Thanks for the info on that though. I posted my saber lit because I can Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:23 PM »

I don't know about the dimming, but it should fit.  I took the pommel apart and inserted the choke on the pommel end with an Archon pommel attached to it.  They're all MHS, so they should be the same size and pitch, so yes you should be able to do that.

What it will look like...  That you will need to show US.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »

Well I know that Tongue Did the piece dim your blade at all? I know yours is probably sounded buckpuck and all but meh. I don't think it'll effect anything though brightness wise say like the Archon V3.1 neck and such

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:06:59 PM »

Cool I'll be able to do the Guardian pommel for its choke piece =] Was gonna do 3 blades but that'd be too much so this is fine for me. Can't wait to show you guys my results. Stay Dark ;o

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58:12 PM »

Very nice. Thanks =] Yeah I wont be able to get everything until Friday. Does that piece dim your blade much or not at all since its not like the Archon choke? Just the only thing I'm really curious about. Now picture all that but with a Malice round pommel instead of all the ones you posted. Love that Renegade pommel though

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »

Hi Zren.  There is no Renegade pommel shown.  Wish that I had one.  The Malice round with decorative spikes is on the third and last photo.  You won't lose any LED illumination or brightness adding on the neck piece of either the Guardian or Scorpion pommel.  The Shock looks really good with lots of different swap outs.  The pommel should be longer or heftier to balance out the emitter.  For example, either of the Raven and the Bellicose pommels did not look as good.   Smiley

Here's my current favorite configuration.  Raven pommel and Overlord emitter.  Nice and light.  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:36:18 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 05:40:21 AM »

So many nice configurations ... 2nd and 3rd from the top are my fav of the bunch.  And are those some new MHS pieces? Shocked Cool Cool Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »

Hi Haz.  No new MHS pieces unless you are referring to more additions to my own collection.  Apologizes to everyone for the super bright photos.  Didn't look that way on Photobucket.  If I remove them then you will enjoy that giant kitten multiple times.  Wonder if a Mod could delete the photos so that I could fix.   Smiley

My fav is likely #2 with the complete Scorpion pommel and neck borrowed from the Guardian.  Has a nice balance to it and looks Sithy.   Smiley

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »

Do you want me to delete the post altogether or just the photos?
You could always pm me the photo links and I could replace it for you.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 10:04:04 PM »

Do you want me to delete the post altogether or just the photos?
You could always pm me the photo links and I could replace it for you.

Hi.  Perhaps delete that whole post and I will share just a few of the corrected ones that Haz mentioned with an explanation.  Thanks.   Smiley

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 10:27:28 PM »

Hey D7 the pics look just fine on my end.  Wink You have made some nice combos!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 10:46:47 PM »

Hi.  Perhaps delete that whole post and I will share just a few of the corrected ones that Haz mentioned with an explanation.  Thanks.   Smiley
Done.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 03:10:07 AM »

Hey D7 the pics look just fine on my end.  Wink You have made some nice combos!

Thanks MavRick and Drahcir.  Will fix and add back on to this subject when I can.  Apologizes to Zren for confusing the conversation.  Looking forward to seeing what MHS parts you have chosen.   Smiley    points to all who posted on this thread

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 03:30:30 AM »

Thanks for that info @DS. Ordered my stuff today so hopefully they'll get here soon =] I went with the Malice round pommel though. Wanted kind of a continuing silver scheme but with black elements as well so. Will post pics once everything gets here =] Also got a proper regular Heavy Grade blade too like I said and also a new one for my Archon saber. Now how far down will the blade go with the choke piece? That part does kinda confuse me or is it still wide enough for the blade to sit all the way on the LED?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 06:51:41 AM »

A friend of mine re-assured me on this so its all good =] errockk on here basically. Sorry if I spelled your name wrong Tongue I always do on here

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: