Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can the obsidian v4's FoC be used with a luxeon tri rebel other LED? DIY  (Read 1136 times)
MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »

Hello and thank you for your time.  I have been collecting Force Fx sabers for quite some time now and have always wanted a custom. I have made my own hilt an plan to buy one as well. I was very curious If it is possible for me to wire the obsidian v4 with FoC using an LED I already bought it is a luxeon tri-rebel RBG. If not I was wondering if their are any LED's that could be used to do flash on clash. I have a very low income and don't think I could spare the Extra 35 to add the feature right now, but was hopping to just wire it up myself or buy an new unit later an wire it up. I have spent over 50 hours reading an learning about all saber components n electronics an have many diagrams an a novice understanding. Their are still things to learn but I am no longer clueless. Let me end by saying this is my first time posting aside from the rules and I have only used a forum one time before this, so if I did something wrong I'm very sorry.

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »

As long as you use the right resistors to compensate for the 7.4v battery pack, you'll be fine.

To answer your other question about quick-connects to change colors, yeah, that's an option, or even switches, if you want to be really creative.

Board pins are labeled on the Obisidian purchase page of the store. You can probably get away with a male JST connector on each color of the LED (one for Red, one for Green, one for Blue) and then two female each on the LED- and FoC- pins of the Obsidian board.

That way, you can wire up one or two colors to each setting.

So Blue blade with Yellow-Orange Clash would be Blue on LED- and Red+Green on FoC-

Or Green blade with Red Flash by plugging Green on LED- with Red on FoC-

Or Magenta blade with no FoC by plugging Red + Blue to the LED- and leaving FoC unplugged.

Obsidian doesn't have any LED drivers on the board, so you can swap as often as you like, so long as each LED has the appropriate resistor wired to it.

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:47:00 AM »

Kouri, Let me start by saying thank you a Billion you have made my day. The only other thing I could ask is would this all be possible if I buy a saber with the obsidian v4 soundcard without FoC option an just use my luxeon tri rebel Led that I own already or would I need to select FoC option an use the Led that it would come with? I was gonna get Sunriders Destiny LeD if I was able to use my existing Tri Rebel for FoC or maybe even the Sunriders Led, if I could use that? No Idea what the LED requirments are for FoC hence all the questions sorry. Either way you have done me a huge service by answering what you have already. Thank you Very much Kouri

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: