Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is the FoC LED capable of being rewired to change colors? FOC/blade color  (Read 2592 times)
MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 01, 2016, 12:31:51 AM »

Hello I hate to ask two questions in one day but If I buy a saber with the obsidian v4 an FoC can I open it up an create different colors for the blade color an flash on clash color by rewiring the LED module it comes with? That way if you ever got tired of your choice and wanted something different you could just open it up an rewire it. If so would it be possible that I have two separate quick connect options inside? for example: could I have a blue blade and white flash witch one connection assuming the B/W are the only things being wired for this setup and then a green blade with the red for like an orange FoC wired with a quick connect an resitors. Then maybe just plug the quick connects in to one receiving quick connect an open an swap if I want a blue or green blade. If that's not possible could you maybe do it without the second color having FoC. I'm basically hoping to find a way to get FoC an two main blade colors without buying the emerald driver. Also if this is not where I should have posted this sorry I was thinking emerald enclave but Don't plan on purchasing emerald driver just obsidian v4 with FoC option. Thanks a billion in advance

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:25:17 AM »

Im pretty sure that it is possible, however based on what you are trying to do, i think it may end up being cheaper to just get the Emerald driver.  

If you look at the math to add FoC to a saber is $35 then add the QD with is $15, so if you do that with each color and each FoC you want the price would go up pretty quickly. its about $409 for an Emerald Manticore with Obsidian V4.  For a GB Manticore with AS FoC you are looking at about $324, but then each individual LED module with FoC and QD is about $70.  Your saber is now $394 dollars for 2 LED units with the FoC.  at this rate you may as well just spend the extra $15 and have hundreds of color combinations plus the awesome pulse option that you don't have with the traditional setup.  

I know it seems like a lot of money, but in the end i think its worth it.

This is the link from US where i figured out the cost for each MLS unit: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Weinstein
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -124

It's more fun on the dark side!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 02:49:17 AM »

Im pretty sure that it is possible, however based on what you are trying to do, i think it may end up being cheaper to just get the Emerald driver.  

If you look at the math to add FoC to a saber is $35 then add the QD with is $15, so if you do that with each color and each FoC you want the price would go up pretty quickly. its about $409 for an Emerald Manticore with Obsidian V4.  For a GB Manticore with AS FoC you are looking at about $324, but then each individual LED module with FoC and QD is about $70.  Your saber is now $394 dollars for 2 LED units with the FoC.  at this rate you may as well just spend the extra $15 and have hundreds of color combinations plus the awesome pulse option that you don't have with the traditional setup.  

I know it seems like a lot of money, but in the end i think its worth it.

This is the link from US where i figured out the cost for each MLS unit: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

Well said. The numbers are there.

My sabers: Dominix LE V4 BR, Manticore CE Nickel Plated VA, Grab Bag Aeon V3 CG, Bellicose SRD, Grab Bag Dark Apprentice LE V4 GB, Dark Liberator V3 DVA, Bane BH, Raffle Third Prize Dark Initiate V4 GB.

The only Jewish Sith Lord in the galaxy. I'm as ruthless as the next guy, but I feel guilty about it.

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:30:53 AM »

Ah no biggy I already bought a saber before the free initiate thing expired. no big deal maybe next time.

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 08:06:12 AM »

Ah no biggy I already bought a saber before the free initiate thing expired. no big deal maybe next time.

I wish I was able to see your question earlier and got you an answer quicker.  I just figured it helps to see the math laid out. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »

Like I said No Biggy, I Didn't have the money for what I bought let alone an extra $100.00. Always the next time. Thanks for the example though.

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 06:20:00 AM »

Just solved a ton of custom problems and got it worked out where I have 3, 3 way color setup all with a manual FoC.  So I have three colors then if I inclick wire an click in other spot 3 more colors for a total of 6 different colors with 3 variant colors with any 3 available at one time with the click of a button.

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:55:43 PM »

Ultra sabers are awesome I upgraded to emerald like you suggested. Kiss

BHarry13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

Once you go grey, that is where you will stay!

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 05:10:39 PM »

It sounds like you went another way, but yes it is possible. I just recently finished a saber for my son that has a LED that I can switch between blue or green with QD on each and silver FoC. I used a AB LED and just cut the blue and green wires and added separate QDs. So it was only $10 more, but you could just add the wires and QDs to any multicolor LED unit.  You could add more wires and QDs for more options, but you might start running into space issues unless you are using a large hilt. I used an apprentice V4, so space was definitely a concern.

Bellicose-Emerald
Dark Catalyst-Emerald 
Aeon V3 LE- GB stunt
Flamberge V2-BR stunt
Graflex-GB stunt

Light side points preferred

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: