Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: $5 simple crystal chamber  (Read 7768 times)
Duhjoker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 02:08:30 AM »

Here's an up close pic of the upgraded crystal chamber. I joined the coupler to the bottom piece of copper tube by doing a lil filing around the edges then I hammered it carefully. For the shroud I just drilled some holes in it then hot glued it to the bottom piece. The lil unevenness you see at the top was from squeezing it a lil with some pliers so the cap would fit on it well.

From here out its just decoration.

Duhjoker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 03:55:39 AM »

I pushed some old capacitors through four of the holes. What do you think? Is it gaudy enough or should I solder some wires to the capacitors?

Don't make the same mistake I did. Make the wire for the LED come through the inside and poke it out a hole or what ever but the wire needs to come out of the top. Else it will want to wrap the wire around the chamber which could jerk the wire off of your switch. Plus it's pain in the &$$ if not.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:34:32 AM by Duhjoker » Logged

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »

you know...some mild copper wire and a drill bit could clean that up a bit...drill the hole thru the crystal (under water prevents destroying the crystal) run the wire thru and looks "floating"

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: