Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound Font Video  (Read 2929 times)
Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« on: September 26, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »

Alright, so I recently bought one of the new sound fonts available for the Obsidian sound board, and figured I'd upload a video showing what it sounds like on my Consular.
Anyone who's bought one of the other fonts, feel free to post a video of it too!
That way people who don't know what fonts they want can hear what it sounds like using the Obsidian board, in case it differs from the "original" Novastar fonts (don't know if that's actually the case)!

I got the "Episode III Sidious" font.
Here goes:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXBGlIfka8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXBGlIfka8</a>

The only thing I don't especially like is the power-off. It has kind of an echo, and since the soundboard and LED power down simultaneously the echoing makes it seem like the LED is on for too long after the actual power-off. No biggie, but I kinda expected it to turn off after the sound, not the sound and echo. Again, I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. From what I gather I believe the soundboard drives the LED, so as long as the sound is on, the LED is too.

EDIT: If this was supposed to be in the "Video" section, I apologize in advance.. I just figured I'd post this vid in the US Discussion section, not the "General" section! Wink

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Nitro Sharp
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 4

I'd rather be in Star Wars

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:19:15 PM »

Oh, thank you very much for the video.

I haven't really understood what the whole sound font thing is, but that clarified a whole bunch for e. I might have to look into getting one now.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
~Capt. Zapp Brannigan

~I'd rather be in Star Wars~

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »

The echo of the poweroff is one of the cool features of that font. If you don't like it, then I suggest switching to the other darkside poweoff.

Also, the board does not power the LED..the LED is direct driven off the batteries off board. (if that makes sense).

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »

Good video Nyte.

I personally am not big on sound in general.

But for someone who was also unsure of the Sound Fonts threads.

This was helpful, simple. You showed the saber and clearly showed each of the different sounds.

Point for you brother. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »

The echo of the poweroff is one of the cool features of that font. If you don't like it, then I suggest switching to the other darkside poweoff.

Also, the board does not power the LED..the LED is direct driven off the batteries off board. (if that makes sense).

Ah, alright. Well, I agree it's a cool feature. But I figured the echo would just be that, an echo, of the power-off.
Which makes it a bit odd when the LED is on until AFTER said echo fades away.
It's still an AWESOME sound font. And it fits my BR Consular great!

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »

Very helpful man, I myself was curious to see what they sounded like on the Obsidian.  As KOTOR says, "dark side points gained"!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »

Sounded pretty cool to me.  Did you download the blaster effect as well?

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »

Very nice. The power off is actually supposed to sound like that. Look up a Crystal Focus video with that font on it. So what you are hearing and seeing for the power off is correct. If I remember right when Sidious lost his lightsaber in the battle with Windu his saber did kind of echo when it turned off.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: