Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Freaking FINALLY! (4.3 changes)  (Read 13148 times)
Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« on: April 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM »

Our characters can have last names independent of our legacy names now!  It's only been a requested feature since launch (if not before)...

...why, yes, I do play on Ebon Hawk.  Why do you ask?  Grin

On the other hand, I'm sure I'm going to accidentally switch myself from a PvE instance to a PvP instance and die a quick and horrible death.  Cheesy

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 05:45:15 PM »

Nice! I have several characters who really aren't related to my first Legacy guy so this is quite useful.

I'm still waiting for Vette, though...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Vyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 06:07:49 PM »

Nice! I have several characters who really aren't related to my first Legacy guy so this is quite useful.
I have a couple who are not only unrelated to other characters in my legacy, but who I don't even tell people I have.  At least once, I've told my guildmaster "I'm not in-game, but I can be in about half an hour" while I was running missions with one of those characters.  Smiley  I've also had to come up with some pretty stretched backstories to account for the same legacy name across different characters.  (eg, my smuggler's ex-husband is my knight's cousin--although neither of them know it--and my warrior just has the same name coincidentally.  Roll Eyes )  Fortunately, I also play a few Twi'leks using Twi'lek-style names (like Nawar'aven in the X-Wing books, aka Nawara Ven) which helps with not having one big happy family across half a dozen species...

I'm still waiting for Vette, though...
Waiting for her for what?  (If it's for KotFE, I haven't started that yet, so forgive my confusion.  I'll get to it one of these days.  Smiley )

Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »

Waiting for her for what?  (If it's for KotFE, I haven't started that yet, so forgive my confusion.  I'll get to it one of these days.  Smiley )

Ah! I won't spoil it for you then. You really should start on KoTFE though, the cinematics are the best of any expansion so far.

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:34 PM »

I have a couple who are not only unrelated to other characters in my legacy, but who I don't even tell people I have.  At least once, I've told my guildmaster "I'm not in-game, but I can be in about half an hour" while I was running missions with one of those characters.  Smiley  I've also had to come up with some pretty stretched backstories to account for the same legacy name across different characters.  (eg, my smuggler's ex-husband is my knight's cousin--although neither of them know it--and my warrior just has the same name coincidentally.  Roll Eyes )  Fortunately, I also play a few Twi'leks using Twi'lek-style names (like Nawar'aven in the X-Wing books, aka Nawara Ven) which helps with not having one big happy family across half a dozen species...

Yeah, I had this weird back story in my head to explain how my Twi'lek Jedi and Human Sith lords are somehow related. lol.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 10:46:56 PM »

Yeah, I had this weird back story in my head to explain how my Twi'lek Jedi and Human Sith lords are somehow related. lol.

Vette and the Sith Warrior adopted?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Vyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 12:16:31 AM »

Ah! I won't spoil it for you then. You really should start on KoTFE though, the cinematics are the best of any expansion so far.
Yeah; I haven't really been able to play for a few months for various reasons, unfortunately, so I'm a bit behind on things.  Most of the time I have been in I've been hanging out with friends rather than doing storylines.

Vette and the Sith Warrior adopted?
So, I didn't look at what companions you would get before coming up with my first few character concepts.  This resulted, completely coincidentally, in making a Lethan (red) Twi'lek body type 3 Sith Warrior with the same tattoo pattern as the Lethan customization for Vette.  Based on his personality as I pictured it, I'm not sure if it would've been love at first sight, but there would've been lust at first sight at least.  If they got married and decided to have kids, there's absolutely no way he'd go with adoption and miss out on the excuse to try--as often as possible--to have kids on their own.  Wink

Incidentally, not looking also meant that I came up with a Rattataki sniper with almost exactly the same pattern as Kaliyo.  I picture her as my character's rebellious little sister.  I have them in similar outfits carrying matching rifles (a sniper rifle for my sniper, and the non-sniper version for Kaliyo--I got it back before she could use sniper rifles, but it works well since she's body type 1 and my character is body type 2).  On the minus side, I also made a bounty hunter almost identical--in both looks and personality--to Akaavi Spar's default appearance.

Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 02:02:22 AM »

I wasn't aware interspecies reproduction existed at all in the Star Wars universe...I thought it was like Mass Effect where that doesn't happen.

Plus I notice that Ashara Zavros and the Inquisitor don't seem to believe they're capable of having children together.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 02:48:24 AM »

I wasn't aware interspecies reproduction existed at all in the Star Wars universe...I thought it was like Mass Effect where that doesn't happen.

Plus I notice that Ashara Zavros and the Inquisitor don't seem to believe they're capable of having children together.

I think Vyk means that both his Warrior and Vette are the same species and race (Lethan Twi'lek), therefore making natural procreation the preferred method of gaining children Wink

Interspecies children can happen, though: a canon, less weird example would be Quinlan Vos (Human/Kiffar), while a stranger, Legends character would be Valenthyne Farfalla (half-Bothan). Species of drastically different genetic makeup probably wouldn't work though, even in the wonderfully diverse SW universe.

I don't know about your Inquisitor/Ashara, but as for mine, it seems like the main issue with having kids would be their differing viewpoints. Ashara doesn't want to get married, let alone have kids with the Inquisitor.

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 02:53:54 AM »

I haven't gotten to the romance yet with my LS Inquisitor, but I've seen a video of how that goes and with the Light Side Inquisitor, I get an impression that even without formal marriage, she would be willing to raise children with him.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:08:46 AM »

I haven't gotten to the romance yet with my LS Inquisitor, but I've seen a video of how that goes and with the Light Side Inquisitor, I get an impression that even without formal marriage, she would be willing to raise children with him.

That's interesting, when Ashara pledged herself to my DS Inquisitor she said something along the lines of: "I'll teach your followers and children." Poor guy doesn't seem like he has a chance raising kids with her.

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 03:12:10 AM »

That's interesting, when Ashara pledged herself to my DS Inquisitor she said something along the lines of: "I'll teach your followers and children." Poor guy doesn't seem like he has a chance raising kids with her.

I guess I interpreted the same line in the LS context as including the possibility of either adoption or the Inquisitor continuing his bloodline with the help of a surrogate.  But then context is everything, and given it was LS, I was looking on the more optimistic side of things.  In my headcanon the couple does end up taking in at least one that they consider their own.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Vyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 04:58:54 AM »

I think Vyk means that both his Warrior and Vette are the same species and race (Lethan Twi'lek), therefore making natural procreation the preferred method of gaining children Wink

Bingo.  Smiley

Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 08:48:32 AM »

Ah, interspecies reproduction does happen in both universes. Humans can breed with near humans in star wars (or at least some species). In Mass Effect the Asari can breed with any other species or gender and are mono- gender (but are feminine in appearance/ maternal instincts).

Back on topic, I'll be glad to finally give my smugglers their proper last names. Been weird having them all called 'Jaste'.... With a mix of humans, twi'leks are zabraks in the family Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »

I had forgotten momentarily about the asari.  As for SW, I was not sure that any interspecies breeding remained canon.  But even where interspecies reproduction wasn't possible I would see no reason a couple wouldn't marry regardless and adopt, hence some of the in-game Legacies.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: