Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Freaking FINALLY! (4.3 changes)  (Read 13259 times)
Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »

Well, that depends on what you call canon.  I don't think there ever was any interspecies breeding that was G-canon or T-canon, so that hasn't changed.

One of the things that bugged me about people's reaction to the canon/Legends change is that it really wasn't a change.  It was already the case that Lucas and Lucasfilm would ignore any EU material they wanted to, while occasionally using some that fit in well; that has been the case since before TPM was released.  (In old terms, G-canon and T-canon did not need to respect C-canon or S-canon.)  All the "new" canon policy really did was say, "All this stuff that has been written based on a history that blatantly contradicts the movies should be treated as if it also contradicts the movies, but you can use elements of it that don't."  It keeps future writers from having to figure out what parts of the EU still apply in light of TFA etc.  If anything, I think it's a positive thing--it clarifies things like "can we use Thrawn when most of the books he's from can't have ever happened?"  IMO, the new policy actually makes it more likely that we'll see interesting elements from the EU, and that's clearly a good thing.

Anyway, back on topic...  I'd expect that interspecies marriages are not uncommon, although it could be the case that some people object to them.  (Interspecies marriage bigotry--I might have to use that one!  I have a character who's kind of a jackass anyway; he'd be perfect to adapt some of the most absurd same-sex or mixed-race marriage quotes to.)

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 05:46:27 AM »

I had forgotten momentarily about the asari.  As for SW, I was not sure that any interspecies breeding remained canon.  But even where interspecies reproduction wasn't possible I would see no reason a couple wouldn't marry regardless and adopt, hence some of the in-game Legacies.

Not like a whole lot is left as 'Canon' anyway, Canon doesn't mean much now as a result IMO. I'm used to using Legends material as loosely 'canon' for the RPG purposes- that is, the published material (material listed on Wookieepedia as Canon or Legends) as opposed to just peoples fanfic works- therefore if it's in published, supported material/ SW  EU, it still counts to me. Even then for our RPGS we have to come up with some of our own material for stuff that just isn't covered anywhere anyway

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: