Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Realistic" Obsidian Configuration  (Read 4216 times)
Pingu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: April 12, 2016, 02:55:51 AM »

^Title
Basically, I want a configuration that will sound the most "realistic". Been tweaking around my sound thresholds a lot, but can't seem to settle on a good setting. Only asking for help on the first 2 configurations, rest idc but I am currently on 100, 5.

Also wanted to know if there is an option for your saber to have its lights flicker/pulse. Thank you!

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:44:28 AM »

Hello and welcome to SaberForum,

Before you continue any further posting, follow this link to the rules section of the forum: (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0)

Please take a moment (there aren’t many rules so it shouldn’t take long) to read through the rules and then reply with an acknowledgement. If my link doesn’t work for any reason you can simply go to the homepage and look for the BIG RED BOLD LETTERS. By doing this you are simply saying you will follow the rules and it’s the easiest way for all of us on the forum to keep each other accountable. Once you’ve posted this acknowledgement, you may resume further posting.

Thanks for your compliance.
-GregG124

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Pingu
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »

Bump. If you're checking out this post, at least post your settings. Please and thanks

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 06:47:41 PM »

I use these settings right now and I'm quite happy with them:

Motion Threshold: 100
Motion Integration Time: 4
Impact Threshold: 8
Impact Debouncing Time: 60
Minimum Time Between Impacts: 40
Lockup Flash Time: 24

And there is an option for blade pulsing, but only with the Emerald Driver. Without it, there's no way to let your blade pulse!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »

Short answer, It depends, and is different for everyone

It depends on the hilt it is mounted in. (a small hilt like an Initiate/ Apprentice will transmit motion to the board inside it slightly differently than a Huge Flamberge/Scorpion) The lenght of the hilt, and its mass can act as a buffer, needing the board to have more sensitive settings than a smaller hilt.

It also depends on your personal preferences and habits when swinging the saber. Some people are more "heavy handed" then using a saber and can get away with a less sensitive setting on the board to trigger swings and clashes while avoiding false triggers, but others will need very sensitive settings as they treat their saber more delicately.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Pingu
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »

Still need references

Noaccord
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 01:23:58 AM »

Insulated my Dominix LE V4 somewhat with 1/4" foam. Having done that set parameters to; MT=32, MIT=2, IT=22, IDT=42, MTBI=92, LFT=52. This works well for me, but like others have said, it depends on hilt length and heavy handedness.

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:32:37 PM »

I use these settings right now and I'm quite happy with them:

Motion Threshold: 100
Motion Integration Time: 4
Impact Threshold: 8
Impact Debouncing Time: 60
Minimum Time Between Impacts: 40
Lockup Flash Time: 24

And there is an option for blade pulsing, but only with the Emerald Driver. Without it, there's no way to let your blade pulse!

I LOVE this setup! It makes my Belicose fast and chaotic.

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »

Nice to hear you love it Smiley Needs some adjustments on my Manticore, but it sounds great on my Archon and Aeons.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: