Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Form of the EARTH - (DEK) Forms of the Elements-series  (Read 3592 times)
Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« on: April 17, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »

...and I can show you how the EARTH comes alive Smiley

Philosophy:
- it's a defensive form, more solid on the center, less mobility
- it stays within the space it creates (like guarding a zone)
- the focus is on being properly reactive while the center of the balace does not require initiative

Again, I hope you'll enjoy it, any comments are welcome! Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcF3KtOf7Ew" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcF3KtOf7Ew</a>

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:13:07 AM »

Very nice...this one seems like the complement to the Fire to me.  It's simple and straightforward enough that I feel like it could be done with a crossguard saber.  Looking forward to the next forms!

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »

Think this might be my favorite so far, keep up the good work!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Kasse
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »

I'm loving this series, Medwyn.  I'm going to have to pick up the use of these forms.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »

Thank you! Smiley

It's simple and straightforward enough that I feel like it could be done with a crossguard saber.

I'd love to see how that goes, I'm sure this one fits a crossguard saber without any problem!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »

...and I can show you how the EARTH comes alive Smiley

Philosophy:
- it's a defensive form, more solid on the center, less mobility
- it stays within the space it creates (like guarding a zone)
- the focus is on being properly reactive while the center of the balace does not require initiative

Again, I hope you'll enjoy it, any comments are welcome! Smiley

This one is very cool Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 03:15:08 PM »

Great work as always, medwyn!

If I could bucket down a load of points for how beautiful your entire series looks so far, I would do so. Alas, I can but give one point. =P

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »

Thank you guys, glad you like it Smiley
The Spirit form is getting ready soon!

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »

Meanwhile I got this little description ready for the Earth form:

On a comprehensive way Earth can have a place among the elements. It's a synthesis of all the phenomena scaling very differently but there's one thing connects them all: life. This is where life grows out from and where the fabric dies back to after collecting the most colourful palette of experiences during the so called lifetime. Earth is not only a planet, it's the essence of the bound soul - the surface and the depth, the centerpoint and all the directions, the past and the future viewed through the thin layer of present.
     The EARTH is a defensive form. It's bound to the location with an attitude to keep the integrity intact of the personal space, a certain sphere around us which can be drawn by the lightsaber. There's a centerpoint defined by a solid, well rooted stance from where the energy grows out and is transformed into blocks and parries. The stances represent the main attitudes of the form: the stillness and readiness - this is the point where the moves originate from and where they return to. It's the reactivity what drives the counter attacks upon the blocks to cleanse and redraw the personal sphere within reach - initiative does not play any part in the Earth form. With the parries and counter attacks the stances become more progressive with a directional step forward or to the sides but then return to the state of aware idleness: the form connects but does not follow.
     Being the living connection between different qualities and developing the habit of being conscious about our own boundaries can be one goal the form of the Earth can help to achieve. Rooted deeply into the ground with an awareness of the self and the surrounding environment makes defence fundamentally strong while also allows to be focused to avoid acting unnecessarily or out of balance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: