Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Distortion when using Obsidian  (Read 3051 times)
Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« on: April 18, 2016, 05:27:29 AM »

2 hours ago my obsidian sound board was working perfectly but now when I try to use it it sounds horribly distorted.Did anyone have the same problem before?

PapaBliss
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 14

I am a guardian of balance

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »

I haven't but would start by making sure the batteries charged.
Inspect the speaker, make sure it isn't damaged.

Saber owned:
Graflex SE w/ Emerald RGBW and Obsidian v4 - DUKE Blue / Silver
Manticore w/ Emerald RGBW and Obsidian v4 - DVA / Silver
Apprentice w/ Obsidian v4 - CG / Silver

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:45:23 AM »

I haven't but would start by making sure the batteries charged.
Inspect the speaker, make sure it isn't damaged.

Ive tested it by gently and slowly moving the speaker/soundboard a little and it cuts the volume when i move it up and down in a very gentle up and down motion the sound cuts off so thats their no sound then goes back to crackling a pnd distortion.so im suspecting a faulty speaker or a wire that loose/coming off the soundboard/speaker.Do you think thats possible?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »

It's possible that a wire has come loose or became damaged. A damaged speaker is quite unlikely because the "sound" changes while moving. Otherwise it would stay the same.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:24:24 PM »

It's possible that a wire has come loose or became damaged. A damaged speaker is quite unlikely because the "sound" changes while moving. Otherwise it would stay the same.
Im thinking thats what it is but shouldnt a wire not come loose even from regular heavy use i dont mean from it falling on the ground and I did drop it only once from about middle of knee heght but i checked the saber out afterward and no wire was loose weight and thier was no sound problem but after 3 nights ago I used it for 2 hours worth of spinning(choreography).Do you think it came loose accidently when i was doing spinning.ive never dropped it when doing stunts.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »

It rarely happens, but it's not impossible. Even when dropping it, it might seem okay at first glance. But when you use it again, for spinning or choreo or anything else that puts force onto the saber and its components, a latent damage can break through.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »

It rarely happens, but it's not impossible. Even when dropping it, it might seem okay at first glance. But when you use it again, for spinning or choreo or anything else that puts force onto the saber and its components, a latent damage can break through.
What would you recommend I do if I want to do stunts with an Ultrasaber but dont want to ruin my sound one when it comes back from repair?Should I just use my Stunt saber for Duels and stunts and just use my sound one for duels?I found the reason why it was distorted it felt like a wire is a loose it didnt feel damaged,either that or something wrong with the soundboard as I have been very gently with it.But with all that said when my gets in from being repaired.Do you recommend a stunt saber(like what I have) for spinning,choreo,etc and just the sound one for when I do realistic duel(full contact) like in the movies?It will be better too because my Ultrasaber storing bag is coming in and also wall mount so I will be able to really protect it when it gets repaired.Do you use a storage case for your Ultrasabers just so they are proected?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:46:04 PM by Musiclover221 » Logged

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »

I also before sending it for repair I checked the inside And also the soundboard very gently and carefully to make sure nothing was damaged,wires were okay and I couldnt find anything so im thinking something happened with the soundboard.I just dont know what.Are you also saying that to be careful when im using any Ultrasaber when spinning or anything because even if not dropping it that your putting pressure on the electronics.That anything if your not careful can ruin the Ultrasaber even if they a like a tank right?also when I i spected for another time before sending it for repairing
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:13:46 PM by Musiclover221 » Logged

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »

As I said, it "can" happen...maybe in 1 out of 100 cases, often it's even less than that. So if you drop it by accident, in almost any case your saber will not be damaged. Also, the other components (LED, sound boards, Emerald Driver) have been built and tested to meet the high standards and battle-readiness Ultrasabers promises. So you can even duel with full-equipped sound/Emerald sabers (like I do) and it almost never gets a scratch or starts to malfunction! I only have sound sabers and one sound/Emerald, all four have been used in various battles and they still work like a charm.

I'd say that you don't have to worry about using them even when it comes back from repair - of course it's up to you which saber you want to use, and if you feel better when using your stunt sabers...why not Cheesy And what I said about the electronics and force - I meant that in the rare case that your saber gets damaged, that damage will often not be visible (and noticeable) at first. It only comes through when the wrong spot is stressed at the wrong time, which is also a very rare case.

Long story short - you can use your repaired saber with no restrictions in any duel, 99.9% of them will not harm your saber at all!

And since I don't have to transport them very often, I don't use any protection case for my sabers right now, my sabers are clipped into some shores of my stainless steel shelf with  Covertec Clips. This also helps with the Recharge ports being accessable for charging. Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 08:31:53 PM »

As I said, it "can" happen...maybe in 1 out of 100 cases, often it's even less than that. So if you drop it by accident, in almost any case your saber will not be damaged. Also, the other components (LED, sound boards, Emerald Driver) have been built and tested to meet the high standards and battle-readiness Ultrasabers promises. So you can even duel with full-equipped sound/Emerald sabers (like I do) and it almost never gets a scratch or starts to malfunction! I only have sound sabers and one sound/Emerald, all four have been used in various battles and they still work like a charm.

I'd say that you don't have to worry about using them even when it comes back from repair - of course it's up to you which saber you want to use, and if you feel better when using your stunt sabers...why not Cheesy And what I said about the electronics and force - I meant that in the rare case that your saber gets damaged, that damage will often not be visible (and noticeable) at first. It only comes through when the wrong spot is stressed at the wrong time, which is also a very rare case.

Long story short - you can use your repaired saber with no restrictions in any duel, 99.9% of them will not harm your saber at all!

And since I don't have to transport them very often, I don't use any protection case for my sabers right now, my sabers are clipped into some shores of my stainless steel shelf with  Covertec Clips. This also helps with the Recharge ports being accessable for charging. Wink

Thanks you for that info its really helpful to know? I just wanted to make sure its wasnt me that broke my saber because ive been careful and gentle with my saber since I got it cause even with Ultrasabers and even people saying you can throw them and they can survive.I 99.9 percent of the time(I try my hardest not to drop any of my electronics and im like a mother caring for a baby) Im like a protector of my stuff.Do you think they will cover the cost of my repair?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 08:43:43 PM »

No, I don't think that it was you. You didn't abuse your saber and the components, so it's quite unlikely that you caused that damage.

Am I right that you're still in the 1 year warranty? Then yes, you'll only pay shipping to and from US. No other costs.

Sig by Master Nero

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 10:20:29 PM »

No, I don't think that it was you. You didn't abuse your saber and the components, so it's quite unlikely that you caused that damage.

Am I right that you're still in the 1 year warranty? Then yes, you'll only pay shipping to and from US. No other costs.
I got some more stuff to tell you(some might have already been said) Yes im in the warranty,if you are wondering its been 14 days and I have shipped my repair out and its currently on its way to Memphis,TN then to Ultrasabers.I have taken very good care of it the only time I dropped it was going to the table and it wasnt a hard drop(it dropped from my middle of knee(where the knee bone is) as I was trying to inspect something(it was because I was trying to put on the covertec clip on my pants while I was sitting but it fell. and after the drop I carefully made sure Nothing happened and everything was working normally and everything inside wasnt move or anything.on the first day When I got and unscrewed the pommel the soundboard got off a little bit because I guess while shipping it loosened the tape a littledid but I very gentle pressed down the soundboard to make sure the tape that secures Obsidian that Ultrasabers use was secure on the Obsidian)Also what should I use if the tape securing the soundboard falls off anytime as im buying future Ultrasabers?I heard people putting their Ultrasabers through rigirous tests and they still survived Ive seen) so I took alook inside,hooked it up to my computer,sound was fine and everything worked normally and wires intact until after 5 days when this distortion and crackling and the sound going so low to the speaker happened ,its just weird.As like ive said that after the drop that wasnt from a height that wouldnt damage or else it would have did this problem then and it would be my fault right?.So Im pretty sure I didnt damage it right?Sorry abiut asking so many time I have ADHD/OCD so sometimes I ask a few time.By the way thanks for responding to all my posts.Your awesome!this is my final post for this topic
P.S sorry for any spelling problems
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:57:32 PM by Musiclover221 » Logged

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »

It's absolutely right if you ask several times and want to make sure it's not your fault Wink

No, a drop from that height wouldn't normally cause any damage except for dents on your table (if you have a wooden one Tongue). And even if the drop would have been the cause, it surely wouldn't have been your fault - you didn't do it on purpose, so don't worry about that Smiley And for securing the Obsidian board, I'd use some heavy-duty double-sided tape. You can also use normal double-sided tape if you don't find any heavy-duty tapes. They also secure the board good enough so that it doesn't come off again!

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: