Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about the Emerald Driver Sabers  (Read 664 times)
xUrsaMajorxx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 22, 2016, 06:13:45 AM »

Was just wondering that if I pick the Emerald Driver Saber do I have to get the Obsidian Soundboard to have sound or can I get that driver with the basic soundboard by selecting a pommel?

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 06:23:27 AM »

Welcome! First, please acknowledge the rules. Just follow the big, red letters at the beginning of the forum and you'll get there.

Yes, you need the soundboard to get sound. A pommel is just a knob at the end of your hilt.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 06:25:12 AM »

Hey xUrsaMajorxx,

Selecting an Emerald driver gives you two options, I believe.  Without sound, or with sound.

Adding sound would give you an Obsidian V3 board as a minimum, since the Emerald driver would need lithium batteries, and Obsidian lite boards run on normal alkalines.

Pommel selection has nothing to do with the electronics, but sabers with sound do require vented ones.

I hope this helps. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

xUrsaMajorxx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:37:03 AM »

Hey xUrsaMajorxx,

Selecting an Emerald driver gives you two options, I believe.  Without sound, or with sound.

Adding sound would give you an Obsidian V3 board as a minimum, since the Emerald driver would need lithium batteries, and Obsidian lite boards run on normal alkalines.

Pommel selection has nothing to do with the electronics, but sabers with sound do require vented ones.

I hope this helps. Smiley

Yes thank you. that did help out a lot. Made my choice of saber about $100 cheaper. I'm just going with basic sound and driver.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: