Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Character: Lord Rivius  (Read 2922 times)
lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« on: September 28, 2011, 02:49:00 AM »

This is my first Star Wars Character, and the first I'm posting here.
By first I don't mean the first one I liked, or first one I finished thinking up, he's literally the first Star Wars character I ever thought up, so he's pretty special to me. This being the case, I want to warn you all ahead of time: He's overpowered. Immensely so, in fact. But I think one can get around that fact...I hope.

Anywho, here it goes.

Name: Rivius

True name:  (prior to becoming a Sith) Sivu-Ri. Last name unknown.

Alignment: (using DnD Alignment system) Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good (wondering why he's good when he's a sith? Keep reading...)

Allegiance: Formerly Sith, Jedi, and Neutral/Rogue.

Lightsaber(s): Carries many at once, but his primary lightsaber is a Red-bladed Dual-phase, the first weapon he ever built during his training. His second-favorite weapon is a Silver-bladed Lightsbaer, also a dual-phase.

Outfit: At first, he preferred a black and gray outfit consisting of armor, a cape, and a hood that obscured his eyes. (similar to something seen in Assassin's Creed.)
http://i56.tinypic.com/4id79c.jpg
After some years, however, he changed to a white and gray outfit that was much less stealthy.
http://i56.tinypic.com/6gv9ds.jpg

Motto: As a believer of the Unifying Force, Rivius sought to combine the aspects of the Jedi and Sith creeds while making it his own, having learned from Jedi and Sith Holocrons and seen many different outlooks upon the Force. The Resulting creed goes:

There will always be Emotion. I accept this.
Through Acceptance I find Peace.
Through Peace I find Knowledge.
Through Knowledge I find Purpose.
Through Purpose I find Power.
Through Power I find Darkness.
With Darkness I find Light.
I Walk within Both and Neither.
I AM The Force.

The Creed outlines his own philosophy on life, as well as his strange belief that being force-sensitive makes him a literal PART of it, as much as his arms or legs are a part of him.

Fighting Style: Rivius favors Jar'kai primarily, though he often wields as many as five other lightsabers with the force, creating around him a powerful defensive/offensive barrier that is extremely difficult to penetrate.

Past: Sivu-Ri was a young child with only a name. No family, no home, not even memories of these things. But as he survived on the small, backwater planet of his birth, he stumbled upon something that would change his life forever. A droid chasis. Not just any droid, but an antique assassin droid, its serial numbers long gone and its features weathered away by time. But within the metal corpse was something that didn't belong. Something small, black...a pyramid. At his very touch, the pyramid sprang to life, and a voice eons old spoke once more.
(TBC. I will update further once I have time.)

I also wish to know whether some of my ideas are....acceptable within the fanbase? Such as the Holocron being one hidden away by Revan, made after he regained his memories in order to pass on the teachings of both the Jedi and Sith Revans.

Thanks for reading, and MTFBY

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

lordgale119
Knight Officer

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »

EDIT: It seems I can't modify the first post, so I'll continue from this one. >_>

lordgale119
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »

Continuation:
Sivu-Ri began to learn from the Holocron, discovering its secrets and devouring them endlessly. He first learned the path of Darkness, embracing everything that made him imperfect and using it to strengthen himself. Then he discovered the path of peace, and learned to walk that as well. Still, he hungered, as all Sith do, for more knowledge. So when the time was right, he set off, leaving the planet in search of more holocrons, for he understood that learning from a single teacher influenced your own views, but many teachers can open your eyes to the truth. Slowly, he amassed more Holocrons, learning from them in droves, even acquiring a ship in order to carry them. As he reached his twenties, Sivu-Ri graduated from his first "Master's" tutelage, and formed a new name for himself out of his birthname: Rivius. This marked his first transformation from a child to a true force-user.

He was always careful, however, to stay out of the Jedi's way. He knew that if he were found by them, he'd either be eliminated or forced to conform to their ideals, something he under no circumstances desired. But his agenda was altered radically when he stumbled upon something only spoken of as myth: The Tome of Darth Plagueis. While it was a Holocron, Rivius found that it required a far different approach than the typical Holocron: It required one's intentions to be pure. Not pure in the sense of good, but undiluted and without doubt. Had Sidious found it, his duplicitous mind would have barred him entry into the Tome's secrets, and thus the true method of learning eternal life. Rivius, obsessed with learning for the sake of learning, unlocked the Holocton and proceeded to devour the ancient Sith's knowledge like he had never done before. He managed to achieve mastery of Plagueis's secret to long life, but could not manipulate midichlorians to the same extent as Plagueis, and thus could not create life the same way the Sith Lord could.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »

very cool characer. you should put him in the rp forum.

lordgale119
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »

very cool characer. you should put him in the rp forum.
Thanks a lot. I've been putting quite a bit of thought into him, and then it gets even more complex....well, I doubt I'd ever use him in the rp, since he's overpowered and stuff....plus his story takes place during the era leading up to TPM. ^_^""

continued:
Despite his lack of control over the finer aspects of the technique, Rivius successfully attained mastery of the easier immortality technique, establishing himself as a truly immortal Sith. Not long-lived, but immortal, able to live long past the point where other species withered and died. With this newfound advantage, Rivius began to slow his collections, instead devoting more time to learning and expanding his awareness off the force, reaching out further and further, even delving into the past and Future of the Unifying Force. As his knowledge expanded, so did his desire to utilize it, but Force visions of the Future stopped him, as it was revealed to him the path the Force must take, and the man who would drive it in that direction. So he waited, and watched with interest and dread the boy who would one day become the Dark Lord vader.

jccomedy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

Smells like cheap c-lone!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »

Very creative.  It's clear you've given this a lot of thought.

Light side points please.  Smiley

*Dark SI (me), Aeon V3 (wife), Initiate LE V3 (son), SI (gift for friend)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 04:11:15 AM »

Nice sketches

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: