Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: what is better ect..... RGBA vs RGBW daylight?  (Read 1121 times)
MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 24, 2016, 01:51:25 AM »

Hey guys just spent last two hours reading and deciding if I wanna add a emerald driver to my saber? I just got some extra money and it is still on order, I asked and it is approved.

RGBA vs RGBW

What is going to produce better blades in the light of day or a well lit enviorment? I obviously don't expect one to over power the sun but in the woods it gets dark over an hour before the outside and I wonder at mid day what would look better in the light of a forest.

Can RGBA produce a silver FOC? Can the amber led produce other good FOC effects?

This is what I am about.

I want something that will look better in a well lit room or the interior of the forest or a well lit cave.

FoC is important but I would rather have very rich colors and want every color I can get to look awesome purple, orange, yellow, gold, I seen an amazing Skywalker Return green done with green and amber "JediXIX looking at you".

So it is more important for my colors to be the best. I do want an awesome flash but I feel I am going to spend way more time looking at the solid blade then flashes because I will mostly be solo. my original choice was CG with orange FOC.

What do you think makes more movie accurate blades? This is important but I'm very artsy so I don't know if this overrides that "the colors duke the colors"

I should submit my updated order swiftly but not with to much haste.

What does it sound like I would prefer RGBA or RGBW I have read about the differences a bunch just now but words lose some meaning compared to seeing things. If any one owns both comparative photos would be a blessing.

Warm sounds like what I would like but aghhh I can't say for sure I'd love movie accurate an haven't heard anything about that between the two. I also want a great looking FoC but right now my red flash's purple and its my favorite or teal to green, but I have never seen a white FOC in any manner I'm aware of let alone in person.

Last but not least

What do the movies flash to? I have seen them a billion times, watched them recently, and literally just watched the Force Awakens blu ray last night, no joke but I have never bothered to care until I was given the ok to upgrade to an emerald saber today.  

I am beyond indecisive in life but "once I choose, I will commit" any advice is good advice Thanks a bunch Shocked

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 03:21:39 AM »

W is for white and will give more pastels, so you can make a pink or fair blue etc. A is for amber and will give better yellow and orange shades. A blood orange will be amber and red mixed. Yellow can be simulated with red and green LEDs, but an amber LED will do better accuracy.

Daylight turns my clear blades silverish and ultraedge white-ish. Shaded daylight usually lets better color come through. If you want deep yellows and oranges, RGBA is what you'll want. If you want different blends of fair pastels like pink or light green, RGBW is what you'll want.

A pure white will be easier to make with a W, but blends of RGBA can make a white. If you feel that putting all the diodes at 100% is not quite the pure white you want, you can turn down the one you think is too much.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:42:41 PM »

What do the movies flash to? I have seen them a billion times, watched them recently, and literally just watched the Force Awakens blu ray last night, no joke but I have never bothered to care until I was given the ok to upgrade to an emerald saber today.  
Sabers in the movies flash a yellowish white.  You can get a similar color with either RGBA or RGBW.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 06:10:36 AM »

Cool guys thanks a bunch. Lightside points each, I went with amber can't wait.

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: