Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSaber shutting off randomly  (Read 15399 times)
est1roth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 25, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

Sometimes, pretty randomly, my UltraSaber with Obsidian Lite soundboard shuts off with the usual 'Obsidian' message. Sometimes it's on impact, sometimes just while swinging. I can think of two things, either it's a battery issue or is it a technical issue (i. e. something loose in the hilt, though I couldn't find anything once I opened it). Is randomly shutting off a sign of low batteries? Or is it something that's harder to fix?

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

When the batteries are low it normaly shutts down in the Obsidian v4 setup...try with new batteries or charge them if you've bought rechargeble ones. If it's not that, it could probably be the batteries being loose inside the pack...try putting electrical tape around the battery pack so they don't get loose. If nothing of that works maybe someone else can help you better, or maybe be a technical problem...good luck and May the force be with you...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Darth Weinstein
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -124

It's more fun on the dark side!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »

Change the batteries. I have a Manticore with Obsidian Lite that did the same thing when the batteries were low. Fresh ones fixed it.

My sabers: Dominix LE V4 BR, Manticore CE Nickel Plated VA, Grab Bag Aeon V3 CG, Bellicose SRD, Grab Bag Dark Apprentice LE V4 GB, Dark Liberator V3 DVA, Bane BH, Raffle Third Prize Dark Initiate V4 GB.

The only Jewish Sith Lord in the galaxy. I'm as ruthless as the next guy, but I feel guilty about it.

est1roth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »

Thanks for the help. Tried some fresh batteries, seems to work fine so far.

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 02:35:05 AM »

Definitely tightly wrap your battery pack in electrical tape.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

alljiang
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

"Great warrior, hmm? Wars not make one great."

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:09 AM »

Definitely tightly wrap your battery pack in electrical tape.
I like to use 2 layers of velcro, it holds tightly and prevents the battery pack from shaking. Also unlimited reuse, whereas the tape's adhesives will wear out.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
-Master Yoda

Redryuu2016
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »

What happens if this happens to a saber without sound? My saber is a duel saber with the sunriders destiny on both. It's a stunt saber and heavy blades. When I hit them together, one of the sabers cuts off or changes to a color closer to consular green... If I hit it again it'll come back on or change back to normal color. Any reason for this? I don't see any broken wires or anything like that... Thanks in advance!!

I am the force.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (X2) (stunt) sunriders destiny
Dark apprentice (stunt) violet amethyst
5 hand built, made from scratch sabers
3 hand built sabers for my little one (boy 9)
Padawan in training and he's good
Converted wife to a Star Wars fan!!
I'm a graphic artist and love making characters using myself and family members.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »

What happens if this happens to a saber without sound? My saber is a duel saber with the sunriders destiny on both. It's a stunt saber and heavy blades. When I hit them together, one of the sabers cuts off or changes to a color closer to consular green... If I hit it again it'll come back on or change back to normal color. Any reason for this? I don't see any broken wires or anything like that... Thanks in advance!!
Definitely email US about that it sounds like a wiring issue.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 11:01:43 PM »

Also, go and acknowledge the rules before further posting.

Sabers I Own:

Redryuu2016
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »

Also, go and acknowledge the rules before further posting.

Why? It was a simple question, dealing with an already posted problem... Difference being sound bs no sound... It's very relevant...

I am the force.

Sabers:
I'm a graphic artist and love making characters using myself and family members.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 02:58:22 AM »

Why? It was a simple question, dealing with an already posted problem... Difference being sound bs no sound... It's very relevant...

Because we are all expected to read, acknowledge, and abide by the rules. It's how we keep each other accountable and this forum civil. You may encounter people who may choose to not answer your questions if you refuse to acknowledge the rules. When you do, and you follow them, we will be very helpful.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 05:33:08 AM »

Thank you Landen.

Sabers I Own:

Redryuu2016
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 11:54:35 PM »

Ok... Read the rules. I haven't done anything outside of the rules. I contacted US and posted here, on a post that was already existing for a similar prob. And (for the record, if wondering) I have to get more batteries for saber number 2 but it seams the batteries were old in both... After changing the batteries in 1 saber, it was noticibly brighter. So, tomorrow I will be getting all brand new ones. I haven't had a chance to hit it hard... But, on a light tap... Doesn't cut off anymore. This was advice given by US and seems to have worked for now...

I am the force.

Sabers:

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 06:13:47 AM »

Ok... Read the rules. I haven't done anything outside of the rules. I contacted US and posted here, on a post that was already existing for a similar prob. And (for the record, if wondering) I have to get more batteries for saber number 2 but it seams the batteries were old in both... After changing the batteries in 1 saber, it was noticibly brighter. So, tomorrow I will be getting all brand new ones. I haven't had a chance to hit it hard... But, on a light tap... Doesn't cut off anymore. This was advice given by US and seems to have worked for now...

Thank you for reading and acknowledging the rules. We weren't accusing you of any rule breaking, but we were simply reminding you of one of our expectations. It happens a lot where people get excited or nervous and begin posting without reading the rules, and that's when things might go off the rails, and we want to avoid that. No harm. No foul.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm glad the fresh batteries seem to have fixed the issue you were having. Also, be sure to secure the batteries in the pack with electrical tape, velcro, or a rubber band. Stunt sabers have a bit of a reputation for having batteries come loose while dueling, which will affect your blade.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

The Luigi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 05:06:02 AM »

Hi. My saber did the same thing today. I did listen to the advice at the top of the chat and I replaced the batteries with some new ones just 5 or 6 hours ago (I have the AAA configuration). But, it's doing it again! I don't know how long the batteries are supposed to last because this is one of my first sabers, but it's probably supposed to last longer than 5 or 6 hours. So I don't know if it's a low battery problem or something that's probably harder to fix. Also, it hasn't been shutting off randomly with the "obsidian" voice for the five or six hours spent. But I did accidentally bang the saber against the wall a moment back and it didn't feel like I hit the saber too hard at all. My saber is a Dominix v4 with obsidian lite sound and a heavy grade blade. And I did hit it on the blade, not on the hilt. Could someone help me? It's happening more often than it did 5 or 6 hours back and, as you could understand, I love my saber very much. I would not like it shutting off on me randomly. (I didn't change the batteries yet nor checked if anything inside the saber is damaged. Plus, even if I did check the saber, I probably wouldn't recognize if anything is damaged or how to reverse the damage) I greatly appreciate any help. (P.S. I think it was probably more than five or six hours ago.)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: