Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith language question.  (Read 10590 times)
Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -62

« on: April 28, 2016, 03:09:30 AM »

OK so not really sure where to ask this but I'll try here.

If I was to write something (say the sith code) would I simply spell it out using this?

Owned: custom Renegade LE Saberpike (blazing red), Consular stunt (green)

Wish list: Reaper (banes heart any finish), Menace (any color any finish)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 03:21:40 AM »

OK so not really sure where to ask this but I'll try here.

If I was to write something (say the sith code) would I simply spell it out using this?

If you want to simply substitute English letters for the Sith symbols, yes. That's how Basic/ Aurebesh works.

If you want to use the Sith language, use a language translator- there's a link to one in this help section.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:12:22 AM »

Well as one of the final pieces for my outfit (till convention atleast) I'm thinking about making ....I guess I would call it a banner made out of leather, with three button snaps to attack to my saberpike/belt behind my trophy saber/behind my vial holder. On the leather banner I want to put the old sith code in sith (don't really know what aurebesh is) in red paint.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »

Aurebesh: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh

Aurebesh was a writing system used to transcribe Basic, the most used language in the galaxy.

Derived from the first two characters- Aurek and Besh.

In layman's terms, Basic is pretty much the equivalent of English, and Aurebesh are the characters used to write it so you straight substitute letters etc.

Now when you are talking about the Code of the Sith there's kinda two:

The Code of the Sith, known as Qotsisajak in Sith, was the mantra that reinforced the core beliefs of the Sith Order. It was considered the dark side counterpart to the Jedi Code, and was first authored on the planet Korriban in 6900 BBY by the Jedi heretic Sorzus Syn. The code remained remarkably unchanged through the millennia, as the Sith Lord Darth Bane still taught the words of Sorzus Syn when he began rebuilding the Sith Order around 1000 BBY, after the Seventh Battle of Ruusan.

The Sith Code, as written by Sorzus Syn[1] and taught by Darth Bane:[2]

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

There also existed a version of the code in Sith, known as Qotsisajak—literally "Way of the Sith doctrine":[3]

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

And when you then start using the Sith language:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Nwűl buti zo tash, ilsir tik shâsot.
Through passion, I gain strength.  Pro shâsot, Nu gauti tyűk.
Through strength, I gain power. Pro tyűk, Nu gauti midwan.
Through power, I gain victory.  Pro midwan, Nu gauti pergaleas.
Through victory, my chains are broken. Pro pergaleas, nuyak itsu buti kots.
The Force shall free me. Akuyi sekleti won nun.

(http://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php)

As you can see the way of the Sith doctrine would be a more correct way of writing the Code, probably with sentence structure correct to the language- bit like if we try to write a foreign language into English, we miss nuances, meanings of how certain words and phrases go together, how to correctly write certain things. The language translator literally translates word for word. Course as with any translator they are only so good- translate from basic to sith then back to basic and it'll be somewhat garbled.

Course it all depends- are you wanting to have it written in the language of the Sith which was originally the native language of the peoples of Ziost and Korriban and adopted by the Sith Order, or do you just want to translate English (Basic) into Sith symbols for the English words?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »

Shocked so thats alot. Pretty much I want sith code on a small banner. My oC found ancient wrightings of which he follows religiously, pretty much sees the dark side as a diety because he was born slave and he believes threw the dark side he can be free. So not super concrete on detials, pretty much why I asking, which do you think I should use? Guess it could be old sith, yet it could also be adopted code in aurebesh.

Aurebesh is pretty much how you right basic right? Tryin to make sure I understand.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 11:35:30 PM »

Shocked so thats alot. Pretty much I want sith code on a small banner. My oC found ancient wrightings of which he follows religiously, pretty much sees the dark side as a diety because he was born slave and he believes threw the dark side he can be free. So not super concrete on detials, pretty much why I asking, which do you think I should use? Guess it could be old sith, yet it could also be adopted code in aurebesh.

Aurebesh is pretty much how you right basic right? Tryin to make sure I understand.

That is completely up to you.

Aurebesh are simply the characters used to write in Basic. It's no more complicated than that. Read the wookieepedia link I gave if you want more information

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 11:55:30 PM »

Thank you for the help thus far, another question...would it be accurate to use old sith language to write the sith doctrine you posted? If so I.might use that

Sorry for all the typos I get on saberforums from phone, I also miss alot of links cause I'm at work and I'll agetbin trouble if they see me on my phone on a lift.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 12:12:12 AM »

Thank you for the help thus far, another question...would it be accurate to use old sith language to write the sith doctrine you posted? If so I.might use that

Sorry for all the typos I get on saberforums from phone, I also miss alot of links cause I'm at work and I'll agetbin trouble if they see me on my phone on a lift.

Again it is your decision what you want to do. I am a follower of the Jedi and honestly have little Sith knowledge.

I have answered your questions thus far as they aren't unreasonable nor completely unrelated to the RPGs here. But please keep in mind further threads like this would be best suited to something like the fanfic section, as the RPG sections are for the roleplaying games we run here on the forum and this isn't related to a game character Smiley

I'll be moving this thread now to the fanfic section (if my phone will cooperate with me).

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 05:57:31 AM »

Hopefully in this section there are people who can give you more advice that I can give for your questions Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:28 AM »

Yeah i didnt know where to put it, but thank you again you gave me alot of helpful info.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: