Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: In-Hilt Bluetooth LED driver experiment  (Read 6536 times)
RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 05:14:33 AM »

Holy freak'n moly, Jed!!  That's so insanely cool!!  

How's a young gun sith alchemist ever supposed to take down his masters when you guys just keep getting more and more aweome with every post?!  Wink   This experiment is unreal/ off the charts cool.  

I wish me, you and LC were like neighbours or something lol, n we could sit around in someone's garage every Saturday and get our geek on over a pint or two Smiley.  Actually I was just talking about that with Dauntless the other day, so I got out an old globe, put one finger on my little corner of southwestern Ontario, Canada- put another on Australia.  Turns out we pretty much couldn't be any further away from eachother unless one of us left earth lol.  Point Smiley.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 07:49:01 AM »

Jed that is just awesome.  You and Lord C have been scheming again.  Haz and I as pathetically skilled in this area as we are, may have to challenge you.  We have Rev as our secret... well not anymore, key to our great success and will bring you down.  Jeez... you already live in the land down under so I have to rethink the specifics.   Tongue

Rev... you always make me laugh and I'll met you at the after school detention class.  Really a person is missing ?!   Wink

Points to all three of you fine saber alchemists.   Grin

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »

Rev... you always make me laugh and I'll met you at the after school detention class.  Really a person is missing ?!   Wink

Points to all three of you fine saber alchemists.   Grin

Hahaha!  Well, if you were looking to meet me after school, you know that would've been where to find me Sad lol!  Until they change the rules on smoking in the bathroom and stuffing people in lockers that is lol Wink

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30:10 PM »

This is insane, Jed! As cool an idea this is, I would've never thought the board from one of those would work in an US. Many kudos for conceiving this and making it come to fruition! The ability to control it through Bluetooth is a huge step forward. Many points coming your way  Wink

I actually have one of these lights (different brand) in my room and love it.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 05:15:34 AM »

Thanks you 3 . . .  Grin

You know Rev, if one day, somehow, I could buy a ticket to board a ship and actually leave our atmosphere . . . . OMG, that would be my ultimate thing in my life I would love to be able to experience . . .  Cool   It would indeed be cool if many of us here could hang out one day, maybe have a lil drink, and saber chat, lol . . . . you never know what the future holds, maybe one day when we're 80, we could all take that ship, and meet up on an orbiting space "Garage", hehe . . .  Smiley

Back to the Bluetooth board, I did give it a quick try with 4xAAA NiMH 1.2v batteries (4.8v) and a 2ohm resistor and it seemed to work ok, it was only a quick test tho . . . I'm thinking of connecting up a 5v power bank like you've used, if it's flat, the board might fit next to it in hilt . . . I would like to experiment with that too . . . What are the dimensions of the 5v pack you used ?

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »

Sweet!  The space garage lol, I like that Smiley.  O, then we could float our saber parts all around in a cloud like the Jedi construction ceremony!  Actually space always fascinates me too- got NASA as one of my homepages lol. 

Nice!  That'd be quite the convenient saber Smiley.  USB recharge and remote colour changing- geez! 
The bank I used is slightly rectangular, Basiclsly one inch by 7/8", getting 0.99 and 0.87 on micrometer- pretty tight in my sentinel, I actually had to just ever so slightly sand the edges of corners, very slightly, but that's just at the corners, there's plenty of gap in the center so to speak, where the hilt inner wall is furthest away from bank, plus the beauty of these bank's is you can open their plastic casing up pretty easy- so I bet you could open the shell, and actually cut that casing to house the little board right in it! You could get it to sit in place tucked right into surface of bank Smiley

One thing to watch for- might wanna find one that's got actual batteries inside it- 18650's seem pretty much to be the standard, but some banks use those little lithium polymer sacks (like in a phone/ iPad etc.)- might not hold up to dueling? Dunno

Kraxtor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Balance: tipping the scales back towards neutral

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 06:11:42 PM »

Phenomenal!  Thanks SO much for sharing!

We are just as blind in total darkness as we are in total light; it is only through a combination that we are permitted to see.

There are at least two sides to every story, and typically the truth is found somewhere in the middle.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: