Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Favorite Game?  (Read 10203 times)
Baymillz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

Light side points

« on: May 04, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »

What is everyone's favorite game currently? I would love to hear what you spend the most time on; whether that be on console or PC! (I'm running out of games to play) Personally I am an Xbox One gamer and I love to play Rainbow Six: Siege as well as Rocket League. Maybe a little Halo and Fifa here and there. Anyone else into those games?

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:53:45 PM »

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.  (KOTOR)  I've played it through multiple times on my PC, XBOX and I now have it on my Kindle Fire too.  To me, it's the perfect RPG and I love me a great RPG.  It never gets old playing it through again, because there are different options as to your character's gender, LS/DS, the order of the planets you go to, and different gear, side quests, etc.  I love it.

KOTOR II is an awesome game too.  I currently own two versions of that one, standard PC CD-ROM and on Steam, because the Steam version is Linux compatible.  I've only played that one through completely a few times, though.

I love the Halo games too.  I have the first one for PC, and I have the 10th anniversary edition for the XBOX 360.  I also have the second one for the original XBOX and the third one and Halo: Reach for the 360.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:40:50 PM »

Currently I have little time for playing. Favourite game universes however? Halo. Hands down. Followed closely by Elderscrolls and Borderlands. And of course I'm a huge KOTOR and SWTOR fan.

Xbox gamer all the way here Smiley our Xbox game collection is kinda funny coz we have doubles of a lot of games so hubby and I can both play on each of our Xboxes on each of our tvs.  As a result this also means that we have doubles of Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 4, Halo CE Anniversary, Halo Reach (Xbox 360 and the one compatibility), Halo Master Chief Edition, Halo 5. Somehow we have like 3 or 4 copies of Borderlands. And two copies of Battlefield 4 for both 360 and one (so four copies total). We don't tend to get rid of games or trade em, so the collections just grow rofl

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »

I'm an XBOne gamer myself as well. I'm currently into the new Hitman episodic game. They have really expanded the capabilities of the world within the game with so many things to discover and accomplish. And with it being released in one episode per month, I can take my time on each level.

I tried out The Division and couldn't get into it, but there are many people that love it.

The most enjoyable Star Wars games I've played are Battlefront (the old ones more so than the new one) and The Force Unleashed, which I wish they would bring something similar back for.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 03:18:13 AM »

I love my XBOX and XBOX 360, but I had to part with Microsoft for the current gen consoles when I was shopping for systems last October and I saw that Battlefront LE PS4 on Amazon.  (the one with Vader on it)  I preordered that and had it launch day.  Battlefront itself is an OK game.  I love the graphics and I love survival mode.  I wish there were more maps for that.  I'm just not big on Online battle arenas.  If not for that console, I'd have probably bought the XBOX One with the Halo: Master Chief Collection bundle.

The Force Unleashed is definitely an awesome game.  I have it for both the PS2 and 360.  The two versions are different from one another.  I actually have quiten a lot of Star Wars games, going all the way back to the SNES and DOS.  I've been buying a number of the old SW DOS games on GOG lately to relive old memories and have fun.  Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »

I love my XBOX and XBOX 360, but I had to part with Microsoft for the current gen consoles when I was shopping for systems last October and I saw that Battlefront LE PS4 on Amazon.  (the one with Vader on it)  I preordered that and had it launch day.  Battlefront itself is an OK game.  I love the graphics and I love survival mode.  I wish there were more maps for that.  I'm just not big on Online battle arenas.  If not for that console, I'd have probably bought the XBOX One with the Halo: Master Chief Collection bundle.

The Force Unleashed is definitely an awesome game.  I have it for both the PS2 and 360.  The two versions are different from one another.  I actually have quiten a lot of Star Wars games, going all the way back to the SNES and DOS.  I've been buying a number of the old SW DOS games on GOG lately to relive old memories and have fun.  Smiley

You obviously don't live in Australia then.

Lag is so bad that Battlefront has been virtually unplayable from day one. A large part is our connection to the servers (esp American hosted). Part is also coz our personal internet connection is just crap. In general, 230ms lag is a good connection for us, but it isn't unusual for that to be pushed into seconds. FPS get unplayable at that. SWTOR gets annoying enough when it hits seconds, but at least playing multiplayer and being so OP I can manage. the other day I was playing with Krace and I was constantly getting disconnections of 10-45 seconds Angry .

Halo 5s lag was also shocking but the game has a compensation system in place for it- though it's just a joke when you are supposedly getting headshots from the grave. Now they are getting rid of the Oceania servers, so we are gonna have no hope now.

Yay for internet in Australia

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 06:15:12 PM »

I live in the US.  I've heard bad things about the internet in Australia and New Zealand from friends on other forums, though.  Battlefront can be laggy no matter where you live, though.  I've had issues, though nothing as bad as what you're describing.  But, when I play that game, which is rarely, I usually play Survival maps, which are offline.  To be honest, that game isn't the reason I got that bundle, it just happened to come with it.  I wanted Vader on the console, the cool controller and the classic Star Wars games more than I wanted Battlefront.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 12:48:32 PM »

I live in the US.  I've heard bad things about the internet in Australia and New Zealand from friends on other forums, though.  Battlefront can be laggy no matter where you live, though.  I've had issues, though nothing as bad as what you're describing.  But, when I play that game, which is rarely, I usually play Survival maps, which are offline.  To be honest, that game isn't the reason I got that bundle, it just happened to come with it.  I wanted Vader on the console, the cool controller and the classic Star Wars games more than I wanted Battlefront.

I have the SW R2D2 360. It was stupidly expensive and all it does is sit there looking good now since it rarely gets used but I love it.

Honestly, if I want some cool skin for my Xbone, I'm just gonna get a friend to make one up for me in vinyl since he has a printing business. I know it's not the same as getting a 'limited edition such and such xbox' but given the price hike they put on such consoles I'd really rather do that. And then I can have it however I want rather than some weird colour scheme to represent such and such.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 05:20:52 PM »

Vader on the PS4 isn't a skin.  It's actually imprinted on the console.  Price wise, when I bought mine, it wasn't any more or less than most of the other bundles, and it at least came with 5 games.  I would like to have gotten a 1TB HD with it, but I can upgrade that any time I want.  The PS4 takes any laptop HD.  I'll probably go 2TB when I do it.  But, I got the console simply because I thought it looked cool.  It still does.  Plus, the Star Wars nerd inside me really wanted that console and the games that came with it.  The bundled Star Wars classics games that came with it are all available in the Playstation store now, but they weren't then.  Those games are all $10 (USD) a piece, so that's $40 right there.  The edition of Battlefront I got with it was $69.99 at that time (not worth it, but I digress.)  Also, it was an actual disc, not the digital download non deluxe edition you got with the standard bundle.  So, I think it was worth $400.  But, that's me.  Others will see it differently.

If I remember correctly, the Halo: Master Chief Collection XBOX One was the same price at that time.  It comes with Halo 1-4, digital download codes and a 500GB HD.  So, it's all a matter of perspective as to which people like better.  Me, I'm a Halo fan, I've been playing since the original game on the XBOX.  However, I'm way more of a Star Wars fan.  I've been watching the SW movies since the early '80s.

I may eventually get an XBOX One.  It's not like you have to choose one or the other.  I've owned (at the same time) a SNES and Sega Genesis, a Playstation and Ninendo 64 and Dreamcast, an XBOX and Playstation 2 and Gamecube.  It's just been with the 7th gen consoles that I chose one, and that was the XBOX 360.  And, that was purely due to limited funds and price when I was shopping.  I got a better deal on the 360.  I don't really prefer one over the other.  With the PS4, I went with the bundle that was calling to me.  I may still get that XBOX One Halo bundle.  It's only $350 at Amazon.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 05:33:27 PM »

Currently I have divided my time between SWTOR and GTA v (PC).  T hough it has been about 4 weeks since I played SWTOR.  Both really shine if you have friends to play with...sadly my friends aren't into the same games as I am  Tongue       All Time faves though have to go to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, God of War and Red Dead Redemption.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 05:37:28 PM »

Heh, I always soloed (Han Solo?) SWTOR.  But then, I'm one of those people who wanted KOTOR III and had to settle with SWTOR.  I remember when they used to have a lot more servers than they do now.  Sometimes, you'd be on a planet all by yourself.  Then they got rid of most of their servers in order to force high population servers.  It used to be a pretty good game, but I hate how they nerfed it.  With an active companion, you can pretty much win any battle without breaking a sweat.  Last time I played, I had my companions set to just stand there, in order to make the game challenging.  I only activated them if death was certain.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

I like playing World of Warcraft when my friends are playing it.  Had a blast playing Disney Infinity 3.0 with my wife.  We've got all the Star Wars sets and figures.  I've got a pretty ridiculous Skylanders collection too.  I really like those games.

Kotor I and II are some of my favorite games of all time but the mmo never really did it for me.  I'd give it another shot but my PCs power supply is messed up and it'll be a while before I can fix it.

I'm a big MMA fan and I own pretty much any game put out by the UFC or PRIDE fighting.  Even weird Japanese imports from back in the ps2 days.  I've been a fan for a long time.

As much as I have fun playing games like the Fallout and Elder scrolls series I never feel like if you asked my favorite game I wouldn't be able to answer with one.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 07:41:37 PM »

My current favorite game to play is Galactic Civilizations III. I enjoy the 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit eXterminate) turn based strategy games. Two things I love most about this particular game (and its predecessors):
1) you can custom design a player race to be exactly how you want it to be. Note: this is how the species behaves and its motivations, etc, not its physical appearance. This means you aren't stuck with whatever choices come preloaded with the game.
2) you can build a ship type quite literally from scratch, designing it to look just how you want and equipping it the way you want. You can stick with the preexisting ships for each race (created races use a tech base from an existing race for ships) or you can get creative and build them from scratch, making quite literally anything from something unique and new to ships from existing science fiction. The possibilities are nigh endless.

Now, my all time favorite game is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It's a psychological cosmic horror action-adventure game released on the Gamecube (which means it also works on Wii, if you have a controller). It spans two millenia and has one of the best gameplay features I've ever seen:

The game's standout concept, patented by Nintendo, is the "sanity meter", a green bar on screen which is depleted by various events, generally when the character is seen by an enemy. It can be restored by such actions as performing a "finishing move" on an enemy or casting a restorative spell. As the bar becomes low, subtle changes are made to the environment and random unusual events begin to occur, reflecting the character's slackening grip on reality. If the bar remains empty, further damage to sanity decreases the player character's health.

One effect which is consistently used is a skewed camera angle accompanied by whispers, cries, and unsettling noises. The lower the sanity meter, the more skewed the camera angle and the louder the sound effects. Fourth wall breaking effects include simulated errors and anomalies of the TV or GameCube (one effect being a Blue Screen of Death); this does not affect gameplay unless the player misconstrues them as actual technical malfunctions and attempts to correct them. There are many different sanity effects, and their length depends on each effect. Not all effects will necessarily be encountered during a given run through the game. A few more commonplace examples include sounds, such as footsteps, women and children screaming, doors slamming, the rattling of chains and the sound of a blade being sharpened; the player character finding him/herself walking upon the ceiling after entering a new room; walls and ceilings bleeding; the volume being lowered, accompanied by a fake television volume indicator on the screen; and the appearance of large numbers of monsters that are not really there, and disappear when attacked. Some sanity effects are character- or area-specific and reflect the individual's personal fears or experiences or take advantage of environmental features (such as a statue whose head turns to follow the player). When the sanity effect is finished, everything goes back to normal and the character often utters a panicked statement to the effect of, "this can't be happening!"

This game is absolute madness to play on a big screen at night with the lights off and the surround sound on. You WILL be crapping your pants.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 12:23:26 AM »

The elder scrolls V Skyrim

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 02:35:15 AM »

I play on Xbox360, and I'm big into the COD franchise with my favourite being COD World at War and COD Advanced Warfare. Recently into Battlefeild 4 and love some Lego Star Wars TCW and looking fwd to Lego TFA.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: