Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Bulvoy's Leather Wrap Walk Through Tutorial Written with Pictures and Video Demo  (Read 46104 times)
Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 03:33:53 AM »

any adhesive besides epoxy you reccommwnd

I've seen others use barge glue with similar success.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 11:49:50 AM »

would a superglue, gorilla glue or something of this nature be able to get the job done? I'm looking at the goatskin and maybe a super glue from hobby lobby. I think it will allow me to get the detail on the grip before I put the shroud over it. Thoughts?!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »

would a superglue, gorilla glue or something of this nature be able to get the job done? I'm looking at the goatskin and maybe a super glue from hobby lobby. I think it will allow me to get the detail on the grip before I put the shroud over it. Thoughts?!

Yes it would work, but it cures way faster so may be harder to get shape.. with that said I just tried my first wrap last night. Here is the results after it cured for 24 hours and I aged and added color highlights to the leather. This is what I got i'm super pleased with how clean it turned out. I'm considering adding another strip of leather above the power on and between the top groves but I'm still not sure.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 11:48:11 PM »

Yes it would work, but it cures way faster so may be harder to get shape.. with that said I just tried my first wrap last night. Here is the results after it cured for 24 hours and I aged and added color highlights to the leather. This is what I got i'm super pleased with how clean it turned out. I'm considering adding another strip of leather above the power on and between the top groves but I'm still not sure.

Well done!! Pointage!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 12:23:22 AM »

It looks great, Madness! Point for you!  I like the idea of adding a strip above the power hutton

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2018, 12:49:06 AM »

It looks great, Madness! Point for you!  I like the idea of adding a strip above the power hutton
did it today, my 6 year old wanted to work on the saber again. It's wrapped and curing now. I'll post final pics tomorrow.

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »

Final pic, did the top part also. Thanks so much for the write-up.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2018, 05:44:32 PM »

Great weapon for a Sith who’s battled

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »

anyone have any experience with bsi 30 min epoxy glue?!? I bought some to try doing a wrap…no real instructions on how to use it Roll Eyes Huh Cry

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »

anyone have any experience with bsi 30 min epoxy glue?!? I bought some to try doing a wrap…no real instructions on how to use it Roll Eyes Huh Cry

It's easy mix two equal parts and then follow the video guide. Since it's 30min it will take a but before you move on to each part.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 03:47:26 AM »

It's easy mix two equal parts and then follow the video guide. Since it's 30min it will take a but before you move on to each part.

Ok then…easy peasy…points

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 01:52:10 PM »

Ok then…easy peasy…points

Please post the results when done, just take your time follow the guide and don't rush it. You should be good to go good luck!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »

Please post the results when done, just take your time follow the guide and don't rush it. You should be good to go good luck!

I second this, please post results.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »

As you wish, my masters… Undecided

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2018, 03:27:17 AM »

I'm looking at the 4"x6" leather sampler from http://peggysuealso.com. For those who have done some leather wraps, would this be good to work with? It'd also give me a cache to use on future projects.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: