Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wiring diagram  (Read 5287 times)
evanscd
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: May 10, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »

I have a dark initiate v4 on the way that I bought on Ebay.  It's a stunt saber without sound and I am planning on attempting to put the sound board from my kid's broken FX saber into it.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the basic stunt saber without sound?  The only ones I can find have the obsidian board in it...  Thanks

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:56:52 PM »

I believe Landed Se-Sentien has the diagram you're looking for. I'll shoot him a PM to send the way.

Actually, it was Jedi-XIX. I'll get him over here for you.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:35:28 PM »

Cheers GG . . .

Here's the wiring for a stunt saber (no sound) standard AAA batteries & resistor

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Goose2944
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:15:15 PM »

Cheers GG . . .

Here's the wiring for a stunt saber (no sound) standard AAA batteries & resistor

JediXIX, I'm looking into converting my standard TRI-led, Li-ion, stunt saber with guarded switch to one with a momentary LED AV. I have most of the wiring figured out using the Momentary->Latch converter from TCSS, but I have a question about buckpuck... would I still need it? I'm not seeing anyone with this setup talk about a buckpuck or even a resistor to the main LED, only to the switch LED.

Here is what I have...

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 01:23:53 AM »

JediXIX, I'm looking into converting my standard TRI-led, Li-ion, stunt saber with guarded switch to one with a momentary LED AV. I have most of the wiring figured out using the Momentary->Latch converter from TCSS, but I have a question about buckpuck... would I still need it? I'm not seeing anyone with this setup talk about a buckpuck or even a resistor to the main LED, only to the switch LED.

Yes, or you'll blow the blade LED . . . you'll need the BuckPuck or an appropriate resistor . . . It really depends on the battery voltage you're using and the LED specs, but if you're using 7.4v Li-Ion then the BuckPuck is the failsafe option . . .

Here's an example diagram that might help . . . cheers  Smiley
(although if it's 6v as shown, I'd recommend a resistor, not a BuckPuck)

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Goose2944
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 01:20:37 PM »

Yes, or you'll blow the blade LED . . . you'll need the BuckPuck or an appropriate resistor . . . It really depends on the battery voltage you're using and the LED specs, but if you're using 7.4v Li-Ion then the BuckPuck is the failsafe option . . .

Here's an example diagram that might help . . . cheers  Smiley
(although if it's 6v as shown, I'd recommend a resistor, not a BuckPuck)

Wonderful thank you!

I wasn't sure if it need to go just between the converter and the LED or if it had a weird split between the three components... this answers all my questions thank you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: