Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: S.T.A.R. Labs - A Place for Speed Freaks (The Flash - Spiolers and Discussion)  (Read 10467 times)
Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -83

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 11:59:10 AM »

Yeah, really...a race?

It sucks they killed off Henry, but I still think his Earth 2 doppleganger is the man in the iron mask.

I agree. I think he is the original Jay Garrick. That's why we didn't see him when Barry traveled to Earth-2.

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:28 AM »

I agree. I think he is the original Jay Garrick. That's why we didn't see him when Barry traveled to Earth-2.

Well, you are correct sir, but I bet you didn't see that Jay Garrick would actually be John Wesley Ship?

I was nearly in tears seeing him in those colors and getting to be The Flash again.

Also, the part where Time Remnant Barry ran himself to death and he disintegrated like in "Crisis on Infinite Earths."

Great finale.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 04:19:36 AM »

Well, you are correct sir, but I bet you didn't see that Jay Garrick would actually be John Wesley Ship?

Interestingly, I had predicted at different times that it would be either JWS in the mask or the real Garrick.

I did NOT see both coming.

I was nearly in tears seeing him in those colors and getting to be The Flash again.

The outfit was absolutely fantastic, though I just couldn't get past him putting the helmet on cockeyed just before returning to Earth-2 with Harry and Jesse.

Great finale.

And a great setup for Flashpoint Paradox.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 04:24:08 AM »

They did such a great job on the finale!

I figured they couldn't kill JWS off the show, so it made sense he was the real Jay Garrick.

At the end there I thought Barry was going to Earth 2 somehow, but then he goes back in time to save his mom?! Didn't see that coming after his stay in the speed force helped him come to terms with her death. Guess that explains the other Barry we saw there before.

And yes, time remnant Barry was the MVP at that moment. So cool!

Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 04:31:22 AM »

Well, you are correct sir, but I bet you didn't see that Jay Garrick would actually be John Wesley Ship?.

Great finale.

After Earth 1 Henry said his mother's maiden name was Garrick, I kinda figured he was.. There was lots of little clues throughout the season.

I loved the JWS Flash from the nineties..

Great end to the season. Just got a long wait for the next one.

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 04:40:44 AM »

Calling it now:

The first half of Season 3 will be the Flashpoint Paradox, with very likely ramifications to Arrow as well because they're set on the same Earth.

Legends of Tomorrow will likely not be affected because of temporal isolation, the characters being "unstuck" in time, etc. They will be the ones to discover things are wrong and this will likely bring back Snart from his heroic demise.

Supergirl will likely not have any issues at all because of it being a different Earth.

That said, the massive Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow crossover coming in December will most likely see an ending of the Flashpoint Paradox story and then a unification of the Flash/Arrow Earth and the Supergirl Earth, thereby making crossing over between shows a lot easier. Also, certain other characters who died will likely be brought back *cough*Laurel*cough*cough*

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 04:44:17 AM »

Calling it now:

The first half of Season 3 will be the Flashpoint Paradox, with very likely ramifications to Arrow as well because they're set on the same Earth.

Legends of Tomorrow will likely not be affected because of temporal isolation, the characters being "unstuck" in time, etc. They will be the ones to discover things are wrong and this will likely bring back Snart from his heroic demise.

Supergirl will likely not have any issues at all because of it being a different Earth.

That said, the massive Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow crossover coming in December will most likely see an ending of the Flashpoint Paradox story and then a unification of the Flash/Arrow Earth and the Supergirl Earth, thereby making crossing over between shows a lot easier. Also, certain other characters who died will likely be brought back *cough*Laurel*cough*cough*

Then the second half will be the "Crisis" that the newspaper in season 1 was talking about. If there is a crisis, they can then merge Supergirl with the Arrowverse.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 04:53:43 AM »

Then the second half will be the "Crisis" that the newspaper in season 1 was talking about. If there is a crisis, they can then merge Supergirl with the Arrowverse.

Eh, that would be interesting, but not altogether really possible, considering the newspaper was from ten years in the future, not three.

Then again, you could always blame temporal shenanigans on that and give the LoT crew something to do...

Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 05:20:50 AM »

How would they do the flashpoint paradox, when in season 1, he didn't save his mom? 

That was reason why it occurred. And subsequently how it was averted by going back in time and stopping himself.

Has to be Crisis for season 3. That's the big crossover they teased..

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 06:19:03 AM »

How would they do the flashpoint paradox, when in season 1, he didn't save his mom?  

That was reason why it occurred. And subsequently how it was averted by going back in time and stopping himself.

Except this time, he didn't stop his past self from saving his mom. He saved her himself. The kicker that proves it happened was that his past self disappeared because that timeline is now gone.

What I bet is going to happen is that Flashpoint Paradox Flash will go back in time to that night, stop himself from saving Nora, then stop his younger self from doing the same, hence why we saw the earlier Barry see his future self wave him off, which means he will still have to hear Thawne kill Nora. This will allow events to proceed forward as originally ordained while also ending Flashpoint.

Has to be Crisis for season 3. That's the big crossover they teased..
Possibly. Possibly not. We'll have to see.

Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 07:44:40 AM »

Except this time, he didn't stop his past self from saving his mom. He saved her himself. The kicker that proves it happened was that his past self disappeared because that timeline is now gone.

What I bet is going to happen is that Flashpoint Paradox Flash will go back in time to that night, stop himself from saving Nora, then stop his younger self from doing the same, hence why we saw the earlier Barry see his future self wave him off, which means he will still have to hear Thawne kill Nora. This will allow events to proceed forward as originally ordained while also ending Flashpoint.
Possibly. Possibly not. We'll have to see.

I stand corrected. Looks like it leads to Flashpoint paradox. That will be interesting, since we havent seen Aquaman, WW, Batman or Supes yet..

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 07:57:14 AM »

I stand corrected. Looks like it leads to Flashpoint paradox. That will be interesting, since we havent seen Aquaman, WW, Batman or Supes yet..

Well, I imagine it will be their own version of Flashpoint, given that DC has done everything in its power to keep the movies completely separate from the show to the point of casting completely different actors in the roles of The Flash, Deadshot, and Katana in the movie verse (horrible moves, in my opinion, as they were all excellently cast and performed). Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn are a bit different, as I think we'll see a better version in Suicide Squad (not that beating the non-named, two-second Harley voice in Arrow will be particularly difficult...)

However, there is a line from Legends of Tomorrow that still sticks in my head:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUgq_jc_Co8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUgq_jc_Co8</a>

So the idea of Superman and Batman is still somewhat viable, especially if they merge the Flash/Arrow and Supergirl universes.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »

Since they're setting up Flashpoint, I wonder if they'd be able to get away with bringing on the Thomas Wayne Batman.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

Since they're setting up Flashpoint, I wonder if they'd be able to get away with bringing on the Thomas Wayne Batman.

Oooh! Jeffrey Dean Morgan as an angry, bitter Thomas Wayne Batman and Lauren Cohan as the Joker.

I love it!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 04:58:38 PM »

Well, Season 3 of The Flash is under way, with "Flashpoint" and "Paradox" dealing with the fallout of Barry's actions at the end of season 2.

So far we've gotten to see Wally as Kid Flash, as well as some mentoring on time travel from John Wesley Ship in the form of Jay Garrick.

I've really enjoyed what they've done in these two episodes, and the consequences that Barry has to live with; I mean going back in time to make sure that your own mother is killed...again?! That's rough.

Here is a preview for next weeks episode, "Magenta." Which will feature the return of Violett Beane as the newest speedster, Jesse Quick.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y76bI7ImCMI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y76bI7ImCMI</a>

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: