Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Launcher stuck on "Reading Device/Saber Info"  (Read 3142 times)
suadiablo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: May 11, 2016, 09:00:15 AM »

Hi guys,

I am new to ultrasabers and just acquired a used Dark War Glaive saber.

I've installed the latest v4 launcher to my computer and plugged in the saber whilst "on", all according to the tutorial videos ive watched. The first few attempts nothing happened. But after changing USB ports, unplugging/replugging/on and off on the saber a few times, i finally managed to get the launcher to start recognizing the saber, but it stops/hangs at "Reading Device Info"....tried this countless times, even have left it for a good 10 minutes (in case it really needed that long to read the info) but to no avail. Each time i had to unplug the saber and remove the battery to reset the saber.

I've also tried changing cables, and I am still getting the same result (stuck at "reading device info").

According to the previous owner of the saber, he had no problems with his v3 launcher, but he has uninstalled the software on his pc, and I cant seem to find a v3 available for download.

Btw, also according to the previous saber owner, the obsidian on my saber is v3 model (so the new v4 launcher should work on it right?)... but honestly i cant tell whether mine is a v2 or v3 or v4 because i cant seem to get it to link to the launcher to find out more about my saber.

Am I missing something or a step? forgive my newbieness.. I hope someone here can point me in the right direction to resolve this problem. Really appreciate your inputs on this guys!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »

Try these solutions first:
1. Install and run the launcher as admin.
2. Use a USB 2.0 port, not the USB 3.0s.
3. Uninstall the device, then go through the connecting and driver installation process again.

Are you using Win 8/8.1 or 10? If yes, using a USB 2.0 solves most of the connection issues.

Hope that helps a bit Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

suadiablo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:36:38 AM »

Hi,

Actually for my first few attempts I was using a windows 7 pc (my office computer).. although i wasnt sure if it was a usb 2 or usb 3. My laptop is a Windows 8, I will try later with a usb 2.0 hub and let u know if it works.

Thank you for your help, I will update you on the outcome soon.

THanks!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:43:12 PM »

Looking forward to your results Smiley You can check the USB version quite easily - the blue slot is USB 3.0, the black slot is USB 2.0 Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

suadiablo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 06:42:22 AM »

Hi,

Well i tried again last night and today.. with usb hub, and multiple cables....still no luck... pop up window shows connected but still stuck at the flashing "Please wait, reading device info"... tried uninstall and reinstall both obisidian launcher program and also usb device (on device manager)..also tried at v1.03 (before update) and also v1.04 (after update launcher) still getting same result.

Any other ideas?  Cry Cry

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »

Go back to the guy you got it from, and upload it to his computer.  See the configurations from there?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

suadiablo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 02:03:20 AM »

Hi Lord Rapine,

Well i wish i could.. but the guy is no longer using his old computer.. his new laptop, like mine is all usb3 ports.. im guessing it'll show the same.. but nonetheless ill ask to try together when I meet him (but that will take a while since he's a pilot and nvr around)..

Any other suggestions guys? btw, any of you encountered this before?

Thanks.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:00:15 PM »

Personally I had that problem a few weeks ago I think...but after unplugging and reconnecting the problem somehow solved on its own...no idea how and why, but since then all works fine.

I'm using Win 7 Pro, so no personal experience with Win 8 and 10 troubleshooting. I just quote some of the solutions that are known to work for most people...

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: