Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Graflex Revamp - Tri-Cree FoC, Glass Eye. No Rattle, No Wobble  (Read 17212 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 02:04:12 AM »

Looks fantastic!  +1!

I really like all the little details on there . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 02:48:57 AM »

Wow, Kouri!  Looks epic!  So much work on all those details, and it shows big time.  This saber is incredible.  Gonna have to reffer to this when I do a graflex for sure.  Point incoming.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »

Thanks guys.

Also, a couple other notes:

It's (intentionally) hard to see, especially with the weathering, but there are two new slits cut above and below the Kobold clip to help more sound vent out the pomme.

There's foam padding inside the hilt to prevent the resistors from rattling/clanking against the hilt. However, they still vibrate in tune with the audio, making for some really nice haptic feedback to ignition and swings when the hilt's held by the front half.

I forget if this was mentioned, but the red Graflex button is a blade-retention thumbscrew. Tool-free blade swapping.

Also, I'll get a video demo later on, but Obsidian V4's been reconfigured for 6 soundfonts.

1) Episode 3
2) Episode 4
3) Episode 5 Graflex
4) Episode 7 Graflex
5) Obisidian
6) Silent

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 11:35:09 PM »

Wow! holy crap lol, talk about discreet- i didn't even notice that at first, i had to go back and look again after you said that to spot them!  nice job.  That's sweet about the new set up- a lot of people, like me, don't actually use that many fonts all to often, and would definitely appreciate that Smiley.  Nice balance of enough options, yet can get to the mute pretty quick. 

Always great to see your work man!  point incoming. 

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »

Thumbs high up for the whole project (and that pic "handing the saber over" on the con is just brilliant!)

Django
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2016, 09:59:30 PM »

I just got the US Graflex body, do you have any tips for disassembly?

Removing the Pins, Buttons?

Also tips reinstalling the pins?

When you say clocking washers, are you making those yourself?

Thanks for posting this, I love customization and the inspiration.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

I just got the US Graflex body, do you have any tips for disassembly?

Removing the Pins, Buttons?

Pins were just yanked out with a vise grip. Pliers wouldn't do the job, and I actually ruined a pin smushing it with the pair of pliers before swapping to the vise grip and pulling out no problem.

Red section of the buttons were pried off with a screwdriver, then the screw underneath was easy to access.

Also tips reinstalling the pins?

One was ruined, and I didn't expect the stock pins to press-fit securely again. I wound up using a spare set of MR Anakin pins I had and gluing them in place.

Replica Graflex pins won't work - not even the short ones - since the US bladeholder doesn't have a recessed area for the pins, nor does it have the proper-sized hole for threading.

When you say clocking washers, are you making those yourself?

I... I don't remember. I mean, I've made my own for *other* builds since US emitters are shorter than the other guy's Blade Holders and don't lock the LED units in place, but for this Graflex... I think I used one of the other guy's MHS washers. It fit right in between the bladeholder and MLS unit, if memory serves.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 10:30:45 PM »

Fixing this one up for MegaCon. Replaced the box with a BS Luke clamp modified with a tactile switch underneath a Graflex 2.0 circuit board.

Grips are getting a fresh coat of paint.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 12:46:36 AM »

Next step is cutting the hilt in half so I can rotate the grips into a film-accurate position.

cjchiu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 04:23:21 AM »

Any progress pics?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

Where did you get the clamp? And for how much? I've seen a good amount of options are but I figured I should ask

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 11:54:14 AM »

Any progress pics?

Not at the moment. This one's still sitting in pieces while I wrap up a TFA Graflex 2.0 and a metal Kylo Ren.

Where did you get the clamp? And for how much? I've seen a good amount of options are but I figured I should ask

Pulled it from a busted Black Series Luke I was gifted. Close-enough fit since the BS Luke is a bit oversized, and I believe the US is as well.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: