Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 238   Go Down
Author Topic: People you find attractive  (Read 967640 times)
Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #1335 on: January 18, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »

Some of you fellas have just abruptly taken yourselves out of being intelligent classy gentlemen.  Frankly at this moment I'm disgusted and even sorry to know you.  WOMEN are not predatory pieces of meat and certainly not just or mostly objects of desire.  I'm going to ask a Moderator to delete this.

And perhaps this whole topic has run it's course and needs to be blocked and even deleted.

Yeah, this.

Discussions of who you find attractive, no problem.
Teenage locker room stupidity is something else altogether.

you may think its "harmless fun" and "just a game"... but devaluing anyone in that kind of way is BullSh1t!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1336 on: January 18, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »

I am simply quoting this for emphasis. While I agree that the MFK bits need to go (despite the fact that it's a game played and enjoyed by both men and women), I feel that getting rid of the entire thread is a bit much. After all, you don't throw away an entire car simply because of a flat tire. You fix the flat and keep going. Let not the actions of a few ruin the whole thing for everyone.

Jev, I can agree with this.  It would have been so gratifying to have seen another man step in and make a statement of how inappropriate and demeaning this is... instead of a woman having to defend the position of the majority of other females.  And for the record... most women I know never talk about men with this type of crudeness.

Where are our warriors, Jedi and protectors.  Disappointing to me on a personal level.  Makes me strongly think about leaving this boys club... inspite of all the wonderful men that are here.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1337 on: January 18, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »

Yeah, this.

Discussions of who you find attractive, no problem.
Teenage locker room stupidity is something else altogether.

you may think its "harmless fun" and "just a game"... but devaluing anyone in that kind of way is BullSh1t!

Thanks so much Cory... for being that ONE.   Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1338 on: January 18, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »

No I know them girls. I'm a hockey fan! Kelly Nash is stunning. I feel bad she has to listen to the rhetorical love for certain teams.

Yes. I actually find I feel bad for all of them. Michelle gets ribbed a lot on NHL Now!, and Jamie gets the same rhetorical as Kelly. BTW I just realized I didn't post a current pic of Kelly, she's a brunette now!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1339 on: January 18, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »

Some of you fellas have just abruptly taken yourselves out of being intelligent classy gentlemen.  Frankly at this moment I'm disgusted and even sorry to know you.  WOMEN are not predatory pieces of meat and certainly not just or mostly objects of desire.  I'm going to ask a Moderator to delete this.
I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused by the MFK comments. While I didn't start it, and it can be viewed as harmless but some, that doesn't excuse my joining in and I should have made more of an effort to shut it down. It was never my intention to disrespect or objectify women. I totally agree that a moderator should delete the comments.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1340 on: January 18, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »

Jev, I can agree with this.  It would have been so gratifying to have seen another man step in and make a statement of how inappropriate and demeaning this is... instead of a woman having to defend the position of the majority of other females.  And for the record... most women I know never talk about men with this type of crudeness.

Where are our warriors, Jedi and protectors.  Disappointing to me on a personal level.  Makes me strongly think about leaving this boys club... inspite of all the wonderful men that are here.

Oh believe me, my first inclination was indeed to fire off with anger and vitriol, but I stopped myself. The reason I did so was because it does nothing to do so publicly. It's the online equivalent of a person with a sign that says "I'm so upset that I made a sign about it." So instead of outwardly voicing my displeasure, I took it to the proper people using the proper methodology. The posters in question have already disrupted the thread enough. No need to further disrupt it when there's a viable method for handling such situations.

A true warrior knows that the battle is best won via strategy and tactics, not just brute force methodology.

Then again, I am a pretty laid back individual, so that might have played a small role in it...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1341 on: January 18, 2017, 07:32:06 PM »

I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused by the MFK comments. While I didn't start it, and it can be viewed as harmless but some, that doesn't excuse my joining in and I should have made more of an effort to shut it down. It was never my intention to disrespect or objectify women. I totally agree that a moderator should delete the comments.
Ditto.

I only went along with the it because I was still inwardly laughing at the joke of it being used in an episode of Archer. My bad

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1342 on: January 19, 2017, 01:57:33 AM »

I think the issue may be age or cultural.  MFK isn't a game I really ever took part in but I heard it being played many times so It became sort of "blase" to hear or see it.  It is generally a party game and in my experience...was mostly played by women.  Young Women to be exact. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1343 on: January 19, 2017, 05:02:58 AM »

Oh fup!
Just stumbled back in here.
Okay, let's clear the air. I will take full responsibility of the situation. It was totally my thing I initiated. It was INTENDED as harmless, but, stepping back, this is not the place to be playing a game like that. It is "locker room banter" stuff that should not be brought into a public form.
It was poor judgment on my part. Knox is not to blame, though playing a part, I baited him in so it is my responsibility for starting the mess.
For all the aftermath, I'm not going to say who's right, who's wrong, who's over blowing the situation.
To D7, as a woman, I apologize to you. Some women take it lightly, some have no tolerance for that kind of behavior. I made light fun of a topic you take offense to, and it was in no way meant to offend you. I'm sorry you did. I wish I could take it back, but what's done is done. There is no Superman reversing time. I'll own it, not hide from it. It was me, I f'd up, one too many times here, mainly, in this thread. I, from here on out, will exclude myself from all postings, comments, from this thread.
Again, I am apathetic to the situation. To all who found it offensive, my apologies as well. I have no excuses, will not try any further to justify anything. Just chalk it up as an error, and I'll be on my way.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1344 on: January 19, 2017, 01:51:35 PM »

Moving on..........

Sigourney Weaver

Always loved her smile.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1345 on: January 19, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »

Moving on..........

Sigourney Weaver

Always loved her smile.

It was always her eyes for me...speaking of eyes...

Cate Blanchette

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1346 on: January 19, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh Boooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1347 on: January 19, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »

I've never understood why people think Cate Blanchett is attractive, and I liked Sigourney in Galaxy Quest.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1348 on: January 19, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »

I've never understood why people think Cate Blanchett is attractive, and I liked Sigourney in Galaxy Quest.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1349 on: January 19, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »

Cate Blanchette has a timeless, ethereal beauty. She's not glamorous like Marilyn Monroe, she's not unique like Zooey Deschanel, nor is she sultry like Angelina Jolie. No, her beauty is like Audrey Hepburn or Helen Mirren. Elegant, graceful, and timeless.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 238   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: