Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Soundboard Not Connecting  (Read 12324 times)
ForceAcolyteOrdo
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

I'm one with the force, the force is with me.

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 08:13:45 PM »

If you are on this thread in 2019 with the same issue - no worries, so was I until last night.

Plain and simple is launcher hasn't been updated since 2015 and it doesn't sound like we're getting a new one. Basically, the launcher hates Windows 10 or just new PCs in general. I have USB2.0 ports on my PC and it still would not work. I had to bust out an old laptop from like 2014 to get it to connect with the Obsidian board (emerald driver works perfect on Win10 for whatever reason).

Anyways, if you don't have an old PC somewhere just go to your local tech shop and get a cheap USB2.0 hub (maybe $10 tops). This is going to be your quickest and most effective solution.

Current Sabers
PHANTOM v2 (STUNT), amethyst
DARK INITIATE v4 (OBSIDIAN LITE), red
ARCHON v2.1 (EMERALD SABER + OBSIDIAN)

ThemeParkDNA
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2020, 07:07:11 AM »

Had this problem over the weekend tried installing the http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html but didn't really work for me.  However I did find a quick and easy work around is to restart your computer with your lightsaber on and plugged into the USB, and then quickly open the US launcher before Windows can settle and starts reaching out its grubby hands to try and interfere with communication between the saber and the US launcher aka the mothership of sound awesomeness.  Wink

After that everything was normal.  I could disconnect, reconnect, change fonts, etc. without Windows trying to setup the saber as an unrecognized USB and blocking the communication with the US launcher.

This is the only thing I could find that would work!
Thanks for the tip!

+1 LS point

Have: Dominix v3-BR, Frankensaber-BR, Manicore Staff-BR w/ Lite Sound, Dark Catalyst-BR w/ Lite Sound, Frankensaber-GB, Fallen LE-HP-ES FoC w/ v4 sound
Ordered: Spectre w/ Diamond, Yuri Extensions for Dominix
Want: Fallen w/ Diamond, Brood Guard LE-VA w/ v4 sound, Reaper w/ Diamond, Azure Mantis-AB w/ v4 sound, Azure Omen-AS, Dominicide-VA w/ v4 sound, Renegade LE w/ Diamond

LS if deserving

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: