Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 881847 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 01:28:14 AM »

Thank you for the info, I've decided to go with the mid grade then.  Smiley

Good Choice. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

I am a force user, but I fight for no one cause...

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »

I think all four of these blades have their places.  But I love the UEHG blades.  The fullness in color is very nice, but when I find someone willing to part with an Aeon LE hilt/pommel only, I will be getting a HG blade for the SY I want in that LE. 

I'm really getting into this color combo thing, and I am getting some colored disks, and a white LED and colored polycarbonate tubes as well.  I feel to fully appreciate the spectrum of saber colors, one does need to see them all.  With all the colors Ultrasabers has perfected, colored disks, and colored blades, one could make just about any shade they were after.  As long as they are HG or UEHG for me!

"Sith Apprentice, 'Darth Eyece' sir." 
"Never 'eard of 'im."
"...this'll be the last time... I assure you..."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

I am a force user, but I fight for no one cause...

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 09:23:25 AM »

oh yeah, and rounded tips all the way!  I spar with friends, and stabbing practice would suck with pointed tips!!

"Sith Apprentice, 'Darth Eyece' sir." 
"Never 'eard of 'im."
"...this'll be the last time... I assure you..."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Saberstar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

Peep poop peep!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »

Well said Deep, I think my opinon is that the Mid grade-blades makes the flash/light a bit warmer. Sometimes the UE it`s a bit cold and looks like a torch..

Lightsabers:                                                                               
"Luke ANH" ultra Fx GB
"Arbiter"GB Customized
"Standard Issue" SRD
"Consular" AB/CG Customized
"Initiate" Limited Edition AB 
"Bellicose" AS blue FoC,

Shami Pemas
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 03:28:23 AM »

maybe i'm just not looking in the right spot, but where on the store site can i buy a 32" blade? i just bought a dark initiate v2 LE for my girlfriend (and a consular for myself of course) and she is less than pleased with the 24" blade, especially next to the 36" blade in my consular. could somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 03:54:05 AM »

maybe i'm just not looking in the right spot, but where on the store site can i buy a 32" blade? i just bought a dark initiate v2 LE for my girlfriend (and a consular for myself of course) and she is less than pleased with the 24" blade, especially next to the 36" blade in my consular. could somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

All you have to do is get the 36" blade and ask them to cut it down to 32" in your order comments.  They'll do it for you.

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 11:30:20 AM »

Deep, you are the master.  Unfortunately, I read this post AFTER I ordered my first US saber, a Bellicose with Fiery Orange, and I chose the UltraEdge Heavy Grade.  And yes, it looks a little peachy. Smiley  It's okay, though, I plan on ordering a Mid Grade blade for it, along with a Dark Warglaive pommel.  I think the new pommel will make it look great.  I also plan to get a Phantom V3 double blade, and I'm going to save money for the Anakin Skywalker ROTS.  I'm so glad I found your website.  Coolest Ever!

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 05:11:12 AM »

Mid Grade FTW! I personally own Consular Green, Violet Amethyst, and Adegan Silver and this is my opinion on blade types for the:

UltraEdge Mid Grade: GREAT on Consular Green, good on Violet Amethyst and Adegan Silver.

Standard Mid Grade: Good on Consular Green, GREAT on Adegan Silver and Violet Amethyst.

I Like VA more in Mid Grade because of the better color saturation. The UltraEdge makes it look a bit more pink-ish and if you really want a true purple then Mid Grade is the way to go. Adegan Silver, however, looks a bit more silvery in Mid Grade and is a true white in UltraEdge. I personally prefer the slightly more silvery look.  Smiley

The Mid Grade also makes the blades look much sharper.  Grin

jedi_gaurdian
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 08:46:57 PM »

Thank you, Deep, this has helped a lot, i will keep your observations and descriptions in mind when buying my first saber
 Smiley

todestrieb
Force Sensitive

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »

Hello!

So i want to buy my first saber and ultrasabers seems like the way to go! Now if i could, id like some expert help from people who own sabers from ultrasabers Shocked

Now ive read the blade guide but still im unsure about what to choose. I want my blade to be blazing red and i would like the absolute maximum brightness. So what blade type should i select? I heard much good about midgrade, but i also heard alot good about UE. Is standard midgrade brighter than UE? Or is a mix better? Its so confusing!

regards
M

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »

Hello!

So i want to buy my first saber and ultrasabers seems like the way to go! Now if i could, id like some expert help from people who own sabers from ultrasabers Shocked

Now ive read the blade guide but still im unsure about what to choose. I want my blade to be blazing red and i would like the absolute maximum brightness. So what blade type should i select? I heard much good about midgrade, but i also heard alot good about UE. Is standard midgrade brighter than UE? Or is a mix better? Its so confusing!

regards
M

Go for Mid Grade. No matter what blade you choose it will still be EXTREMELY bright! UE is more of an optical illusion when it comes to brightness. Also, red will look MUCH more sinister in Mid Grade. Check out these topics for comparisons:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1101.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3532.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=666.0

Another thing about the blades though is that they do get some markings after dueling and those are much more apparent in UE blades. If you want a fuller, softer looking blade though then go for UltraEdge!

todestrieb
Force Sensitive

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »

Go for Mid Grade. No matter what blade you choose it will still be EXTREMELY bright! UE is more of an optical illusion when it comes to brightness. Also, red will look MUCH more sinister in Mid Grade. Check out these topics for comparisons:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1101.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3532.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=666.0

Another thing about the blades though is that they do get some markings after dueling and those are much more apparent in UE blades. If you want a fuller, softer looking blade though then go for UltraEdge!

Great, thanks alot! Nah im after that sinister red look, and im probably not going to duel at all. More or less just use it for show and or for suits (since im going to build a Darth Malgus costume)
But again thanks for the info Cheesy

Hawk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »

Looks like I made a good choice then with the blue in UE.  Its WAY bright.

If God and intended us to be naked, He would have created us that way....oh wait...
Play naked!

Hawk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 05:47:17 AM »

Actually... after reading even more on these... Im not so sure now....

I want the brightest blue.
I was at a convention with my green UE a while ago, and a guy there bought one of the new sabers...whoever makes them now...anyway, his was green and it was so much brighter than mine. I didnt want to stand next to him.

So I really dont want that to happen with my new Guardian.

Should I have picked the midgrade?  (funny thing, I actually thought the white was the mid and the clear was the UE...now I know its the other way around)

Which is best for conventions?

If God and intended us to be naked, He would have created us that way....oh wait...
Play naked!

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 05:53:49 AM »

Did you make sure it had new battery?  Even a half-charged battery (unless it Li-Ion) is dimmer than a full charge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: