Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 881827 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »

Actually... after reading even more on these... Im not so sure now....

I want the brightest blue.
I was at a convention with my green UE a while ago, and a guy there bought one of the new sabers...whoever makes them now...anyway, his was green and it was so much brighter than mine. I didnt want to stand next to him.

So I really dont want that to happen with my new Guardian.

Should I have picked the midgrade?  (funny thing, I actually thought the white was the mid and the clear was the UE...now I know its the other way around)

Which is best for conventions?

I always recommend midgrade as a go-to choice, it's bright and well balanced and shows off any color flawlessly!  The Ultraedge is nice, but it's a little pastel to me... not my cup of tea really.

The good news is, pretty much anything looks good on blue.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »

I always recommend midgrade as a go-to choice, it's bright and well balanced and shows off any color flawlessly!  The Ultraedge is nice, but it's a little pastel to me... not my cup of tea really.

The good news is, pretty much anything looks good on blue.

This is sooooo True.

After learning that GB is possibly the Brightest color they offer, I got a Heavy grade UE with my GB Archon v2.

There is like no dimming. It's so bright.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Vrakul
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 06:22:05 AM »

I wish I'd done my diligence and found this post before I ordered the Dark War Glaive with Fire Orange/Red FoC and the Ultra Edge blade! I'm already putting together my second saber, and when I place that order I'll either pick up an extra midgrade blade for the DWG, or simply order the second saber with the midgrade in one of the colors that works well with the UE blade and then swap 'em out.

Thanks for the very informative post, Deep!  Grin

Customized Dark War Glaive, Fire Orange/Red
Initiate v2 LE, Sentinel Yellow
Dark Standard Issue, Blazing Red (my Sith Apprentice's saber)
Dark Liberator, Violet Amethyst (my Padawan Apprentice's saber)

"Ha ha ha ha, so I threw the senate at him. The whole senate! True story."

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2026

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 04:18:58 AM »

I'm trying out an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade in my next order. Its going to be an Archon V2 in Consular Green. How does the Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade in Consular Green look in person?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »

I'm trying out an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade in my next order. Its going to be an Archon V2 in Consular Green. How does the Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade in Consular Green look in person?

It looks pretty good.  I bought an UEHG a while back to complement my original blade, a regular heavy grade.  Consular Green works well with it because it's bright enough to get past the dimming effect of the heavier grade blade while still looking good with the Ultraedge style tint.

Here's a thought, for a better balanced and slightly brighter blade you could try getting your UEHG in 32" rather than the standard 36".  The Archon V2 isn't terribly long, so the shorter blade wouldn't look out of place.  Just an idea.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 05:18:41 PM »

It looks pretty good.  I bought an UEHG a while back to complement my original blade, a regular heavy grade.  Consular Green works well with it because it's bright enough to get past the dimming effect of the heavier grade blade while still looking good with the Ultraedge style tint.

Here's a thought, for a better balanced and slightly brighter blade you could try getting your UEHG in 32" rather than the standard 36".  The Archon V2 isn't terribly long, so the shorter blade wouldn't look out of place.  Just an idea.

Also another thought.

I bought a UEHG with my GB Archoon v2; mainly because GB is like the brightest lol.

I took a bunch of pennies and wrapped them in ductape, into small separate rolls so they fit inside. Then again all of mine are stunt sabers so there isn't anything inside. Anyways since the Archon v2 is short, it helps move the balance point down towards your hand so it isn't AS blade heavy, because it's a Heavy Grade.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darkside Hero
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »

I forget who it was (was somewhere one page 1) but he pretty much answered my question. I plan to do a lot of dueling, and sparing, and based on what I have been reading, I think the midgrade is the best choice. I don't really want it to heavy, but I want great color, and was wondering if it can take punishment. Thanx a lot for this info cause like every other uninformed person, I was most likely headed for the ultra edge heavy grade blade.   Shocked

(Menacing Stare) 

Zavin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »

Hey guys, quick question (new here) which blade looks the brightest with Artcic Blue? I'm looking for a saber that's the brightests and able to endure some heavy dueling, and has no dim. Any ideas? I have to order the saber as soon as tomorrow!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:07 AM »

Hey guys, quick question (new here) which blade looks the brightest with Artcic Blue? I'm looking for a saber that's the brightests and able to endure some heavy dueling, and has no dim. Any ideas? I have to order the saber as soon as tomorrow!

Your answer can be found here good sir. Grin

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22.msg58836;boardseen#new

At the bottom of the page.

Zavin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:03 AM »

Your answer can be found here good sir. Grin

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22.msg58836;boardseen#new

At the bottom of the page.

Thanks! didn't mean to double post!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 05:17:55 AM »

Thanks! didn't mean to double post!

Sall Good. lol

Your new. Grin

Darth_Alecto
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »

This a very helpful topic for me in thinking about what blade to use on my first saber that I will eventually buy.  Much appreciated   Grin

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »

This a very helpful topic for me in thinking about what blade to use on my first saber that I will eventually buy.  Much appreciated   Grin

You're welcome. Grin

Any ideas on where you'll start?

I know the choice can be daunting.

Darth_Alecto
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »

Honestly....no XD haha I just discovered Ultra Sabers last week and have been very impressed with the videos and reviews I have seen of the sabers.  At the moment I'm pretty broke but later on when I have money again I was thinking about getting one.  I was lead here by looking for the Qui-Gon Jinn hilt and found Ultra Sabers version of that hilt.  I thought that was definitely going to be my choice, but now I'm torn by so many haha

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »

Honestly....no XD haha I just discovered Ultra Sabers last week and have been very impressed with the videos and reviews I have seen of the sabers.  At the moment I'm pretty broke but later on when I have money again I was thinking about getting one.  I was lead here by looking for the Qui-Gon Jinn hilt and found Ultra Sabers version of that hilt.  I thought that was definitely going to be my choice, but now I'm torn by so many haha

I'd HIGHLY recommend the Consular. It's a sweet hilt.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: