Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 885524 times)
A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #375 on: March 05, 2016, 06:39:33 AM »

It's personal preference, but I'm the same height and I use 36" blades in all my sabers. I only use UE(I do have a couple standard blades) and I don't really see the color washing in any of my colors that others seem too. I think CG looks very nice in UE. If you're hard on your blades, go HG, otherwise just get UE midgrade.

Thanks! Appreciate the help! I was just wondering if the 32" blade would be like a 28" blade in the Archon V2.1. So I may just go for the 36" just to have a different blade. Point to you Dark side right?

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2016, 04:47:34 PM »

Hi.  Your same previous post and questions were answered just a few entries ago.  After checking that information out please ask for further specific clarification if you still need it.   Smiley

Just scroll up this page for your question and responses dated Feb. 26th and 27th.

I'm deeply sorry about that dauntless seven

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2016, 05:23:32 PM »

Thanks! Appreciate the help! I was just wondering if the 32" blade would be like a 28" blade in the Archon V2.1. So I may just go for the 36" just to have a different blade. Point to you Dark side right?

The blade goes in about 4" on that saber, so a 32" blade would essentially be a 28" blade. Whether or not you'd be comfortable with that is a question only you can answer.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »

The blade goes in about 4" on that saber, so a 32" blade would essentially be a 28" blade. Whether or not you'd be comfortable with that is a question only you can answer.

Thanks ThreadJack! That's what I was thinking...so I wouldn't really like a 28" blade. So I will go with a 36" even if it's 32 or 33ish it should be fine for me to spin. Appreciate the help! Point to you. I'm about to order my raffle saber...

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #379 on: March 08, 2016, 03:29:04 AM »

Thanks ThreadJack! That's what I was thinking...so I wouldn't really like a 28" blade. So I will go with a 36" even if it's 32 or 33ish it should be fine for me to spin. Appreciate the help! Point to you. I'm about to order my raffle saber...

No problem man. Yeah, a 28" blade is a bit short, unless you're a small women under 5'2" it really doesn't make much sense. That being said, blade length is all personal preference. We have taller members who love 32" blades, and shorter members(like myself) who don't really care and like the standard blades.

(Sig by me!)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #380 on: March 08, 2016, 05:00:14 AM »

No problem man. Yeah, a 28" blade is a bit short, unless you're a small women under 5'2" it really doesn't make much sense. That being said, blade length is all personal preference. We have taller members who love 32" blades, and shorter members(like myself) who don't really care and like the standard blades.

In other words, the size isn't what matters, but rather how you use it  Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #381 on: March 08, 2016, 05:01:19 AM »

In other words, the size isn't what matters, but rather how you use it  Wink

Yes, exactly.

(Sig by me!)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2016, 07:41:40 AM »

Ohh my Tongue Sorry had to. Lol. But for reds, I now more prefer the standard blades. Looks more eviler. I need new blades for all my sabers though x.x Some colors I don't mind the Ultra Edge one like blues, greens, whites. Haven't tried a yellow or the Pyrestone Orange yet on one though for I don't have either of those colors yet. I know I need to get me both colors at some point same with a purple Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »

PO looks quite passable on UE although it includes a lot of red (which looks better in Standard blades). Tried that with my Emerald saber, and it became one of my favourite colours!

For yellow shades, I recommend the standard blades, though. With UE it looks like...well, I think you know what I mean Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ogplebian
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

I Love Memes

« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2016, 11:13:26 PM »

What's best for DVA? UEH right?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2016, 05:50:30 PM »

I find that DVA looks more authentic in the regular silver blades. UE tends to wash out that colour too much. I made some pics and a review over two years ago...deep in the Review section Cheesy I can try to find it, but no guarantee that I succeed Tongue

Found it - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=16925.0 Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Allmachtige
Force Sensitive

« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2016, 03:48:05 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked, but for a crossguard such as the Flamberge to replicate a Kylo Ren saber intensity is MG the best bet?

It seems a lot of you like HG just as much, but I see very little love for UE at all when it comes to Blazing Red.  I'd just hate for that color to fade near the end, especially that the emerald saber options are either 36" or 40" with the Flamberge.

My initial thought is that it may get fairly dull nearing the tip of the blade without UE.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »

Yeah, standard MG would work better for Blazing Red. Don't worry about brightness - you won't really notice that because much of the light will be reflected by the tip which makes the area below the tip almost as bright as the remaining blade.

Sig by Master Nero

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2016, 12:17:10 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked, but for a crossguard such as the Flamberge to replicate a Kylo Ren saber intensity is MG the best bet?

It seems a lot of you like HG just as much, but I see very little love for UE at all when it comes to Blazing Red.  I'd just hate for that color to fade near the end, especially that the emerald saber options are either 36" or 40" with the Flamberge.

My initial thought is that it may get fairly dull nearing the tip of the blade without UE.

I happen to like BR in UE blades....I may be the only one though.

(Sig by me!)

Allmachtige
Force Sensitive

« Reply #389 on: April 16, 2016, 02:27:10 AM »

I happen to like BR in UE blades....I may be the only one though.

MG or HG?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: