Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 885416 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 08:29:37 PM »

I'd HIGHLY recommend the Consular. It's a sweet hilt.

It is very choice.

It's a sturdy saber; light enough for one handing and solid enough for two handing.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »

Plus it looks sick.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth_Alecto
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 12:41:36 AM »

Very cool, thx for the feedback.  It may eventually end up being my first saber.  But of course I'm going to also think about the other sweet sabers on here too as a possibility (Liberator v3, Overlord, Archon v2, Raven, Guardian).  I do have time to think XD Btw would the grab bag be a good choice for a first saber?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »

Very cool, thx for the feedback.  It may eventually end up being my first saber.  But of course I'm going to also think about the other sweet sabers on here too as a possibility (Liberator v3, Overlord, Archon v2, Raven, Guardian).  I do have time to think XD Btw would the grab bag be a good choice for a first saber?

I would say the grab bag is not a good choice for your first saber, unless you really have NO preference at all which saber you get.  My advice is, if you have a saber you like, go for it.

The grab bag option is nice, but you're really not saving all that much money - probability says you'll get an Initiate or Dominix or something anyway.  There's always the chance of getting a higher-end saber, but like anything it's a gamble.

Back on topic now.

Darth_Alecto
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 04:19:37 AM »

Thanks a bunch for the info.  I am really liking the help in the forums Smiley

Rillek
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

I am looking to make my first purchase of an ultrasaber.  I've decided on the hilt (standard issue battle saber) and the color (guardian blue), however I'm not sure as to which blade type would be the best for overall brightness; ultraedge or midgrade? 

Thanks for any help. 

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2012, 08:21:39 AM »

I am looking to make my first purchase of an ultrasaber.  I've decided on the hilt (standard issue battle saber) and the color (guardian blue), however I'm not sure as to which blade type would be the best for overall brightness; ultraedge or midgrade? 

Thanks for any help. 

I don't want to be a turd and just say take a look here but here is a link that Deep from US posted about his thoughts on the blades.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.msg38599

It will help you weed out what you want and don't want but in the end it'll be personal opinion.

I suggest, if you have the money of course, to buy two blades. choose one type and than get the opposite as well.

Both types UltraEdge MidGrade and Normal MidGrade have different qualities from one another. Both are great but it's always a tough decision.

What color were you thinking of because that will help narrow down what to go with.

Some colors look better in different blade types.

Good on you for asking questions. Grin

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tangerinelightstik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 09:23:36 AM »

As a star wars fan since birth I was overjoyed at the thought of being able to use a saber in a duel and not have to worry about it breaking!!! That by its self is amazing but then they let choose the color the blade; fire orange was my first instinct haha. Also got a UEHG blade with a pointed tip(I hope it won't hurt to bad). Any ideas on improving this setup? This is my first saber too I just hope the shipping won't take long.

Dark points are apreciated. ^^

FO Dominix V2 LE

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

As a star wars fan since birth I was overjoyed at the thought of being able to use a saber in a duel and not have to worry about it breaking!!! That by its self is amazing but then they let choose the color the blade; fire orange was my first instinct haha. Also got a UEHG blade with a pointed tip(I hope it won't hurt to bad). Any ideas on improving this setup? This is my first saber too I just hope the shipping won't take long.

I would actually recommend NOT getting a UEHG blade with a Fire Orange saber, the blade does NOT compliment the color very well. Fire Orange looks much, much better in Heavy Grade or Mid Grade. This is just my opinion, though. Wink

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

Tangerinelightstik
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »

I already ordered ><

But I plan getting another saber soon so I will just get something that I can switch the blade and not be too dull.....

FO Dominix V2 LE

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 10:13:11 AM »

That's exactly what I ended up doing, too. I got all excited and ordered my saber before reading the thread about blade types. But it turned out well in the end, and now I know to check that thread when considering blade colors. They say it's good to have one of each, so I'm well on my way.

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

Tangerinelightstik
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »

I'm still happy with what I got it just means I need to get more. So it's a win-win kinda thing. Lol just can't wait till it gets here

FO Dominix V2 LE

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 05:19:17 AM »

It's a shame this will end up so far down the thread, but here's a quick visual comparison of the Midgrade and the Heavy Grade (both are standard edge):

Heavy on the right obviously.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »

It's a shame this will end up so far down the thread, but here's a quick visual comparison of the Midgrade and the Heavy Grade (both are standard edge):

Heavy on the right obviously.

Find a suitable place and ask a mod to add it in.

This is crisp picture and is a great visual of what you're working with.

Darth Ryō
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »

Well this picture speaks for itself, HG are twice a thick indeed  Shocked

Now, I guess I have an idea about what I'd like to choose for my first saber, since it would most likelly be red color, I understand I should go for Mid-Range.
Maybe i'll just order an additional UEHG just to see the difference.

Still I have a question, I well understand the blades are durable and all, but I wonder how durable is the blade holder part (the hilt in general). For example, the Procecy looks to have a thin blade holder attached to the hilt.
Let's assume some dueling, the blade will be strong, but will the blade holder be?
Is there any recommendation regarding this (some blade holders are strickly for display while other are for dueling... (just noob wondering here, as I have no knowledge on that)?
Hope I'm not off topic.
Cheers!

Darth Maul Double Force FX with removable blades (Hasbro)

Noob but defenitely saber crafter wannabe... Sith Inquisitor or assassin like :p

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: