Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 885484 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #390 on: April 16, 2016, 06:08:48 PM »

I happen to like BR in UE blades....I may be the only one though.
I don't think that UE looks bad...I use both blade types in BR sabers, but for me it just has more of this "Wow" effect in standard blades Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Qwenloswen
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #391 on: May 09, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »

So I've read through most of the pages on this thread and for the most part I've been seeing that the response boils down to "don't worry too much, it's all subjective anyway and you'll probably like whatever you get" but since I currently can only justify getting one blade I'm a bit hesitant to pick one at random on my first saber.

My problem is that I'm getting the emerald driver and the two colours I foresee using the most are pretty much at opposite ends of the spectrum - Blazing Red and Sunrider's Destiny or at least close approximations thereof. I've been seeing that for the most part people agree (with some exceptions) that reds generally look better in the standard while Sunrider's Destiny is suited to the Ultraedge.

I'm currently leaning towards the standard because while blues and greens look "better" (mileage may vary) in UE, they don't look "worse" in standard like some seem to feel that red does in UE. Does this seem like a logical conclusion to those of you with some experience?

I also plan to use this saber for combat so does heavy vs. mid grade make a very big difference? This last question is both in regards to lighting as well as how much abuse a mid grade can take.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #392 on: May 09, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »

The standard blades mostly show the "true" colour, so you won't be wrong when using that blade for BR and especially SRD.

Regarding the strength of the blade, what combat do you prefer? Full contact heavy dueling or light sparring? For full contact, definitely get the Heavy Grades (you might notice a slight sacrifice of brightness, but it's barely visible), for light and medium sparring the Mid Grades are more than sufficient.

And be so kind, please read through our forum rules and post a short acknowledgement Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Qwenloswen
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #393 on: May 09, 2016, 07:28:20 PM »

My preference is full contact but I suppose in truth there are very few people in my area who would prefer the same. However, if the brightness loss is largely negligible I might as well go heavier for future use.

Thank you, you've helped me settle on standard heavy weight, I appreciate the input.

And be so kind, please read through our forum rules and post a short acknowledgement Wink

Oh. Oops, my thanks. I was clearly lurking on this thread before ever posting, thank you for alerting me to that.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2016, 06:28:12 PM »

No problem, always glad to help Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #395 on: May 18, 2016, 03:39:39 AM »

Thank you deep your post was very helpful for my future orders

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #396 on: May 18, 2016, 09:07:10 AM »

The standard blades mostly show the "true" colour, so you won't be wrong when using that blade for BR and especially SRD.

Sorry, Sun Riders Destiny looks awful in Midgrade blade, it looks much better in Ultraegde to my eyes.

Blazing Red looks good in both, however more brilliant and accurate in Midgrade.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #397 on: May 18, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »

Could be due to my Emerald settings I used some time ago...with those it looked better in Standard Mid Grade. Can't compare to the stock SRD, though, so I just rated it according to how I liked it in UE and Standard Smiley Nonetheless, it's always good to hear other opinions!

Sig by Master Nero

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »

Exactly, it's always interesting to read other people's opinion about colors and which blades go "best" with which.  Smiley

Mads
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -24

Dark Side Points

« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2016, 11:13:09 PM »

I'll gladly sacrifice a small amount of brightness for the heavier gauge blades just for the power moves when dueling. I actually like the way they look with the lights on in the garage (for dueling) so for me it's no bother at all. I need my Sabers to hit things like people so might as well hit 'em real good.

It's ok sometimes those people hit me back and it really hurts. Good times had by all.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Dominix V4
Phantom V4 Staff
Emerald Manticore CE

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2016, 07:00:31 AM »

Fortunately the loss from using heavy grade blades on not too great.  Depending on the color of light used.  The TRI-Cree likely fix that problem, though you lose the ability to have Flash on Clash and some of the mixed colors.

The Emerald Driver powered sabers aren't as bright as the TRI-Cree for all colors, but they are usually bright enough to over come the heavy grade blades.  Though my ability to compare is impacted a little, as I only have heavy grade blades, but they look nice.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

readroof2
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2016, 03:49:38 AM »

I am about to get a Manticore CE in Emerald, and I don't know whether to get mid grade or heavy grade (not ultra-edge though). I think I will be using all colors, like green, blue, purple, red, orange, yellow, and brown if I can make that. Which blade type should I choose? I doubt I will be doing much sparring, but I don't want the blade to be damaged at all when I do.

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2016, 07:25:16 AM »

Thanks deep enjoyed reading your post on the different types of blades well said it was very helpful thanks

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

ChrisTheCalvinist
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #403 on: June 15, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »

I like the ultraedge midgrade, the shiney blade, mid grade (I think) I'm not a big fan of that.

Juanwiththeforce
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -13

Dark side points...Always

« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2016, 11:58:49 PM »

Hey guys I'm getting an Apprentice V4 (With Ob. V4 Sound) in blazing red.

I plan on screwing around with the saber once/twice a week, and I plan to also do some sparring.

Recommendation for best all-around blade? I'm looking for a duel-capable one that still looks good. A suggestion would be helpful. Thanks! Smiley

“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: