Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 882806 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2016, 02:12:43 AM »

Hey guys I'm getting an Apprentice V4 (With Ob. V4 Sound) in blazing red.

I plan on screwing around with the saber once/twice a week, and I plan to also do some sparring.

Recommendation for best all-around blade? I'm looking for a duel-capable one that still looks good. A suggestion would be helpful. Thanks! Smiley

I'd get a heavy grade and ultraedge heavy grade. Some people like one, and some like the other. It all depends on how your eye perceives it, but I'd definitely stick with the heavy grade, due to its strength when sparring. The mid grade can dent, bend, and the film inside can come loose.

Once you see it in either blade type, you'll know which one to get in the future if you ever need to replace it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

TheOneTrueSlab
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2016, 08:14:40 AM »

Hi,
So I've a fair amount of experience with HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) and my weapon of choice has always been a single-edged, one handed longsword that can kinda work for occasional two handed use, and has a 105cm (41") total length including handle. I've been thinking of getting into Lightsaber duelling, so anyone got some help in terms of what blade or hilt I should pick?

Feel free to email me because i'll probably forget to check here.

drtdgr2
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

~Lightside Points Preferred~

« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »

Hey guys I was able to get my camera to focus properly to show the difference between ultraedge and standard! Due to the camera focus it does appear dim, but don't worry they're both plenty bright  Wink First is the Ultraedge midgrade:

This is my Adegan Silver Prophecy V3

And my Guardian Blue Manticore

Now for the standard midgrade:

Again with my Prophecy

And my beautiful Manticore.

Hope this helps!! Cheesy

“I am one with the force, the force is with me."

Prophecy V3- Adegan Silver with Color Discs
Consular - Consular Green
Manticore - Blue Violet Amethyst / Silver FoC
Dorinian - Guardian Blue / Arctic Blue FoC

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2017, 12:26:56 AM »

Hey guys I was able to get my camera to focus properly to show the difference between ultraedge and standard! Due to the camera focus it does appear dim, but don't worry they're both plenty bright  Wink First is the Ultraedge midgrade:

This is my Adegan Silver Prophecy V3

And my Guardian Blue Manticore

Now for the standard midgrade:

Again with my Prophecy

And my beautiful Manticore.

Hope this helps!! Cheesy

Awesome. Definitely love the Ultraedge Midgrades because I'm more fond of the fuller blade effect and overall the extra brightness it provides for the colors especially if they're in Tri-Cree. Thank you. Points to you.

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Teagan Rea
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 30

Rise With Me Kin Ryuu

« Reply #409 on: February 24, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »

I have question to this, i am looking at the Fullsize Grab Bag Blades. When it says full size does that mean regular 36" blades

{Light Side Points Please}

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #410 on: February 25, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »

Yes, full size blades are 36".

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #411 on: May 08, 2017, 03:09:58 PM »

Take it from me, Consular Green and Ultra Edge Heavy Grade is a MUST. Looks Great!

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

Darth_Bane
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #412 on: July 21, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »

Very Informative! I have been trying to decide which blade to go with on my next purchase and this post helped me tremendously!

brad81380
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2017, 01:13:04 PM »

I personally have a 32 inch Ultraedge Midgrade on mine.  Love the weighting, especially since right now the worst sparring I have done is the accidental kind with a closet door and my head(don't ask).  I am quite good with that, any longer wouldn't work for me.  Now, I do have a Guardian Blue, which looks good enough in the Ultraedge mid, but I am not a big fan of the color to begin with.  That said, it's not a bad color and shows well on the ultraedge.  I got a random color grab bag, but swapping out the led isn't that big a deal.

Darth Umbrex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -35

« Reply #414 on: August 08, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »

Looking to get an emperor's hand in dva 36 inch. For dva do you think heavy grade or ultraedge heavy grade would look bettor?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #415 on: August 09, 2017, 07:10:24 PM »

Looking to get an emperor's hand in dva 36 inch. For dva do you think heavy grade or ultraedge heavy grade would look bettor?

The most ideal would be regular midgrade (which is much more durable than most people think).  That said, of the two you mentioned, there won't be much of a difference.

Darth Umbrex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -35

« Reply #416 on: August 10, 2017, 01:07:43 AM »

The most ideal would be regular midgrade (which is much more durable than most people think).  That said, of the two you mentioned, there won't be much of a difference.
Thank you for the assistance.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2017, 02:08:13 AM »

All this and it's really going to boil down to personal choice. What feels right for dueling, vs how the blade looks. Personally, I go mid-grade, but I don't duel much, so how it looks affects my viewpoint.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

WayneTheBat
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #418 on: November 24, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

Hello.  This may have been already asked, or in the wrong place so if it has/is forgive me.  I'm getting my kids two Mystery Boxes.  They are five, so probably won't be incredibly careful, or mind blade color intensity.  That sain, what kind of grade would be recommended for something like that?  I was leaning UE, but thought i would get opinions.  Thank you all for the time!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #419 on: December 01, 2017, 12:19:42 AM »

32 inch Heavy Grade or Ultra Edge Heavy Grade if they are either blue, green, or white blade colors, regular for reds and oranges though Tongue I like the regular the most for the purples too. If you do regular with the white though has kind of a blue tint to the color which is cool (Adegan Silver) Ultra Edge looks amazing in Emerald Green though =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: