Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 884836 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #420 on: December 01, 2017, 01:18:24 AM »

Hello.  This may have been already asked, or in the wrong place so if it has/is forgive me.  I'm getting my kids two Mystery Boxes.  They are five, so probably won't be incredibly careful, or mind blade color intensity.  That sain, what kind of grade would be recommended for something like that?  I was leaning UE, but thought i would get opinions.  Thank you all for the time!

Personally, I prefer the regular style over the UE blades, but that is just me. As for grade, HG blades hurt. A lot. And the MG blades are still fairly hard to break. I would recommend MG blades of some style. It is up to you whether you want UE or not.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

saberdad
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #421 on: December 15, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »

Great write-up. I went with the heavy duty blades for my 3 kids. They are super thick but not heavy, my 4 and 9 year old can wield them just fine. The only drawback was the thickness means you have to be careful when striking someone, as they do hurt when making contact.

Pswab
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #422 on: December 24, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »

Hello, I am thinking about getting a Heavy UE Blade, with a Tri Cree Artic Blue color to give it that NEW HOPE look. I have read that there is a lot of debate about UE Blades and Heavy vs. Mid blades. Am I making a mistake with this current setup? I want a heavy blade just to be safe if I do use it for fun, but I still want it to have good color which is why I choose the Tri Cree LED's.

Thanks for the help!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #423 on: December 24, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »

The UE blade will look fantastic with the Tri Arctic Blue. Honestly both blade types will look great with the Tri so don't worry about it. It truly is personal preference on getting EU or regular. And when in doubt get heavy, I know that mids can get dented in heavy dueling.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pswab
Force Sensitive

« Reply #424 on: December 25, 2017, 06:21:43 AM »

Thank you for your input, it looks like the only challenge I have left is deciding whether to go with the Graflex SE or CE. I like the lighter look of the SE but people say that the CE looks great in person with the nickel finish!

markdh70
Force Sensitive

« Reply #425 on: December 28, 2017, 12:47:07 AM »

I've tried digging through 29 pages and other threads but couldn't find the answer to my question. How do I tell the difference between blades? I mean just the blades without regard to effect on color and lighting. How do I determine if a supposed random blade is UE vs standard, or midgrade  vs heavy?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #426 on: December 28, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »

I've tried digging through 29 pages and other threads but couldn't find the answer to my question. How do I tell the difference between blades? I mean just the blades without regard to effect on color and lighting. How do I determine if a supposed random blade is UE vs standard, or midgrade  vs heavy?

UE will look white, whereas standard will look silvery.

Heavy grade are noticeably thicker and heavier, but it takes a bit of comparison to another blade. I think mid grades are 1/16 inch thick and heavy grade are 1/8 inch thick.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

VladdyT
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #427 on: December 31, 2017, 04:59:00 AM »

Very helpful guide. Just made a first purchase and wait with anticipation for my order!

Kyoukanwolf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #428 on: December 31, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »

It was a long read, but I appreciate all the information. I was able to pick the right blades for my mystery sabers.

Here comes some dueling Smiley

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #429 on: January 01, 2018, 12:57:45 AM »

Standard is thin wall and you can just squeeze the diameter of it, whereas heavy is thick wall and you would not be able to squeeze it. Midgrade is transparent polycarbonate (silver gray in appearance without LED on), whereas Ultraedge is a white polycarbonate.

Akhenaten
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

“I’ll complete what you could not” - Revan

« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2018, 12:51:46 AM »

Great info!

I’ll need to order a half dozen right off the bat here (mix of lengths) but going to wait for my first order to be delivered to see what random I got first.

Own:
Raffle entry - Phantom LE V4 - Guardian Blue w/Obsidian
3rd place raffle - Sentinel LE  V4 - Guardian Blue
Free initiate - Apprentice LE V4 - Arctic Blue

Darth_Eclipse
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2018, 03:07:45 AM »

This was such great help, thank you

mace starkiller
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

Balance. power. knowledge. way of the Jedi

« Reply #432 on: March 13, 2018, 12:15:33 AM »

Hey guys, i recently purchased the dark initiate saber. my blade color is guardian blue with arctic blue flash. i chose the ultraedge blade because i want to learn how to duel with it. my question is how much brightness will i actually give up in exchange for raw strength? i dont want a "dim" appearance when my blade ignites. did i make the right choice? this is my very first saber

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...ALWAYS

Saber Arsenal:

Graflex SE with emerald green blade. obsidian v4
Dark Initiate with guardian blue blade. obsidian v4

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #433 on: March 13, 2018, 12:56:38 AM »

Hey guys, i recently purchased the dark initiate saber. my blade color is guardian blue with arctic blue flash. i chose the ultraedge blade because i want to learn how to duel with it. my question is how much brightness will i actually give up in exchange for raw strength? i dont want a "dim" appearance when my blade ignites. did i make the right choice? this is my very first saber
The difference between regular and Ultraedge is the look. Regular is clear with a silver sheen, Ultraedge will be white. What you need for dueling is a heavy grade blade, they come in both regular and Ultraedge. And lastly the dimming of the blade is slight, I wouldn't worry about it.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »

It's a good read, I was trying to compare them on the site with no luck.  Looks like I'll lean towards the midgrades for most of my sabers and heavy grade for dueling.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: