Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 882752 times)
4Drumz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2019, 03:16:27 PM »

Thank you TCCW - but one more question, sorry :-D. What is an imbus?  I'm looking more towards green/blue for a blade color (looking forward to see what I can play with for the diamond controller).  Looking forward to getting into the club!  Been a huge star wars fan for pretty much my entire life but now finally looking to get some toys to play with.  The heavy grade seems to be the choice for sparring/learning, and then taking the mid-grade to events and such.  Thanks for the help again!

Razzorr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #451 on: December 24, 2019, 05:37:51 AM »

To change blades you need an allen hex wrench.  Imbus tool is an allen wrench in polish going by what I looked up.

Sabers
Sentinel: blade Guardian blue  (Stunt)
Azure Butcher: blade varies (Diamond)
x2 Azure Fallen: blade varies (Diamond)
Azure Dominicide: blade varies (Diamond)
Apprentice LE V5: blade green (Stunt with Li-ion) Raffle Summer 2022 win.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #452 on: December 24, 2019, 08:45:48 AM »

Thnx Razorr, I thought imbus was an English word as well.
Fun to know it's Polish as well, but I'm Dutch so now we know a translation of an allen hex wrench into two more languages.  Grin

Anyway, 4Drumz, you might want to do a quick forum search on bladecolors for a diamond controller. I have no experience with them, but I do recall people advising about colors. Something with colors wich are near eachother in the colorspectrum and the way they react to eachother with flash on clash and stuff like that...
It would be sad to see you order an expensive diamond controlled blade, but not get the most out of it.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Razzorr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #453 on: December 24, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »

I have 2 sabers. Both have the diamond controller.  LOL will have a 3rd whenever it gets sent out.  I just could not make up my mind on what color I wanted when I got my first saber.  I was looking at the emerald for color then came the sound part.  After time of looking and looking I figured the price for the diamond was not that much higher and have full control over everything.  LOL if I only could have made my mind up on color I would have spent a lot less on a saber.  So then I wanted another one well I got spoiled on the diamond controller so the second one is also.  Good grief I did the same thing on the third one I ordered.  One thing I like is on one of my settings I have the blade at idle   fading colors. There are so many things you can do. Now if it was to end up a shelf queen then no way would I have got a diamond controller.

I have 1 regular, 2 regular heavy and 1 Ultraedge heavy.  The regular to regular heavy you can tell the heavy is thicker and looks like the light in the blade is thinner.  The heavy Ultraedge does not do that.  With the sabers off the regular blades look silver the Ultraedge looks white.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen I knew that you where talking about a hex wrench, but was not sure about imbus.  Google came up with it being Polish for hex wrench.  English can be a pain LOL.  U.K. English to U.S. English is even different on some things.  I am in the U.S. always have been and still at my old age find English to be a pain sometimes with word meanings.         

Sabers
Sentinel: blade Guardian blue  (Stunt)
Azure Butcher: blade varies (Diamond)
x2 Azure Fallen: blade varies (Diamond)
Azure Dominicide: blade varies (Diamond)
Apprentice LE V5: blade green (Stunt with Li-ion) Raffle Summer 2022 win.

4Drumz
Force Sensitive

« Reply #454 on: December 25, 2019, 04:40:18 AM »

haha ok, thanks guys!!  I already have hex wrenches, and good to know that imbus is the same!  Thanks for the extra info Razzorr and the help Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen.

I ordered the Grandmaster with the diamond controller with the UEHG blade with it, and an extra UEMG blade as well.  I'm super stoked to get it and start playing with it.  Excited to see all the diff features and settings I can change.  Once I get it and setup, I'll make sure to come back and post pics/video!  Thanks again!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #455 on: December 25, 2019, 08:08:51 AM »

Your welcome and Merry Christmas!

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #456 on: December 25, 2019, 05:14:00 PM »

haha ok, thanks guys!!  I already have hex wrenches, and good to know that imbus is the same!  Thanks for the extra info Razzorr and the help Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen.

I ordered the Grandmaster with the diamond controller with the UEHG blade with it, and an extra UEMG blade as well.  I'm super stoked to get it and start playing with it.  Excited to see all the diff features and settings I can change.  Once I get it and setup, I'll make sure to come back and post pics/video!  Thanks again!
The hex wrenches you need will be the 5/64-inch wrench for the blade retention screw (or screws), and 9/64-inch for the Covertec wheel, if you have one.  DO NOT USE METRIC HEX WRENCHES!  Trying to use a metric hex wrench in these will strip the screw and/or the wrench, and it won’t be fun.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

4Drumz
Force Sensitive

« Reply #457 on: December 25, 2019, 06:36:27 PM »

Great!  Thanks for exact size.  Appreciate the help!  Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Sakul
Force Sensitive

« Reply #458 on: January 05, 2020, 08:29:28 PM »

I have a question. Ive got two sabers, both from the express checkout, so I didn't choose a blade type. I want to get the same blade type for my next one, but I don't know which that is. So what I guess I'm trying to ask is what is the default blade type for the express checkout?

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #459 on: January 05, 2020, 08:58:34 PM »

I have a question. Ive got two sabers, both from the express checkout, so I didn't choose a blade type. I want to get the same blade type for my next one, but I don't know which that is. So what I guess I'm trying to ask is what is the default blade type for the express checkout?

It should be the 36" ultraedge heavy grade with the rounded tip.  At least that is what the express pages say.  I didn't look at all of them but I did look at different ones from each price range and they all look to be the same.  Can you post a picture just to make sure.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2020, 01:34:01 PM »

You can unscrew the blade and see what the thickness is.
From the top of my head, I believe midgrade has  1,3mm thickness and heavygrade 1,9mm thickness.

Or you can look up the weight of the blades on this forum and put yours on the kitchenscale.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2020, 07:58:41 PM »

You can unscrew the blade and see what the thickness is.
From the top of my head, I believe midgrade has  1,3mm thickness and heavygrade 1,9mm thickness.

Or you can look up the weight of the blades on this forum and put yours on the kitchenscale.

And for those who don’t speak metric, that’s 1/16” and 1/8” on the blade thickness.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

neocaster
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2020, 08:01:47 PM »

I don't know if the following method is UltraSaber endorsed, but while falling down a YouTube rabbit hole, I found a reviewer who covered multiple blades from UltraSabers and other outlets. Their final recommendation was that scuffing/scratching the outside of an UltraSabers standard (non-UltraEdge) blade acted as a second light diffuser, carrying illumination closer to the outer edge of the blade with a less noticeable "dimming" effect.

If this isn't recommended, please flag/remove or PM me and I'll delete the message.

asinasin
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #463 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:30 AM »

What is the weight and thickness of the Ultraedge heavy grade ultrasaber blades?

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2020, 04:12:49 PM »

What is the weight and thickness of the Ultraedge heavy grade ultrasaber blades?

Try using the search option for the forums. There was a post about this somewhere just within the last 2 days.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: