Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon LE v4  (Read 4126 times)
huey2912
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: May 21, 2016, 11:40:31 PM »

Hi guys
i just ordered an  Aeon LE v4 with Obsidian Premium Sound with the Sentinel yellow LED and illuminated yellow button. i did not get a charging port and i got the old V3 soundbord to save a little money. my question is has anyone got a saber similar to this and what are your experiences with it.
Also when i get my saber how do i charge and make edits to the soundbord? do i have to take it all out of the hilt and plug it in that way?
and could anyone suggest a website or place that i can get free sound fonts
thanks

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge   

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »

Nice choice with the Aeon LE v4! I don't have it, but I have its twin, the Dominix LE v4, and it's one of the most comfortable hilts I own. Lots of good places to grip it, and the size and weight are very nice. I think that the SY LED and illuminated yellow button will go really well with the gold accents on the Aeon LE v4.

In order to charge your lightsaber, you will need to unscrew the pommel at the non-blade end of the lightsaber and slide out the battery pack with speaker. I usually have to shake the hilt a little bit for it to come out. Pop out the trustfire batteries, and place them in the charger that you hopefully ordered with your saber (it's one of the options you choose while ordering your saber--it's default that it comes with a charger unless if you specify otherwise).

In order to change soundfonts on your v3 saber, slide the battery pack out of the saber. I don't have any v3 soundboards (just v4), but I'm sure the next process is just the same as with the v4s. The soundboard is attached to the speaker/battery pack, and has a USB plug-in. Connect the USB to your computer (make sure you have downloaded the Obsidian Launcher from Ultrasaber's website first), and start playing around with it.

Here's a thread about other soundfonts you can download (it's the Obsidian Sound Fonts Board--a child board underneath "The Obsidian Order" Board): http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=36.0

Have fun! Congrats on your new saber!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Reaper14150
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:31:00 AM »

Do you keep the batteries in when you change colors?

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »

In order to change the color of your lightsaber, you either need to order a saber with quick disconnects and then buy the LED/MLS units you want, or you can purchase an Emerald Driver. In my opinion, I'd always choose the Emerald Driver as you can get all the colors as opposed to one color for every LED you'd buy.

If you buy quick disconnects with other MLS units, no, you don't need the batteries in the saber to change colors.

If you buy the Emerald Saber, you need to put the batteries in your saber in order to change the soundfonts/colors. Which is probably for the best as then you can see what color you are changing your lightsaber to.

Good luck!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:54:05 PM »

The saber must be running to do any changes to the sounds. It must also be on to make changes in an emerald saber, so yes, you will need to keep your batteries in when doing either of these. If you're doing quick disconnects, taking the batteries out may be a good idea.

Here is a how to on how to change the sound fonts.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28888.0

For what it's worth, the v4 obsidian is only $10 more than a v3, and it can hold up to 8 different sound fonts, including a silent font, and you can change them with the push of a button. If you ever get another one, consider getting it. It's worth it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Reaper14150
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 04:27:02 AM »

I got the sound to work and plug in but the emderal driver doesnt seem to connect, wont let me test or let me write to board.
thanks!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 04:35:57 AM »

I got the sound to work and plug in but the emderal driver doesnt seem to connect, wont let me test or let me write to board.
thanks!

There are 2 ports. Are you plugging into the right one? It should be on a green board, hence the name emerald, and you should have to carefully pull the boards out a little farther to access it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 10:18:19 PM »

I love the Aeon V4

Mine is a little different, I painted a dark version of the LE stripes on it, but here's a sneak peek:

and

I love it with an Archon or Renegade Pommel, too.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »

here is mine Aeon V4 LE 40" blade
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHpz1ITTMSw&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHpz1ITTMSw&amp;t=1s</a>

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2