Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag sabers v3???  (Read 2580 times)
darthinvader
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« on: September 30, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »

I know it sound a little off but in the grab bag sabers is there a posibility i could get a aeon v3 or any v3 saber i mean not now but in about a month (if grab bag exist by then  Roll Eyes  and is there a chance to take a belicose or any collectors edition lightsaber???

I love ULTRASABERS  Grin.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »

Now, i'm no expert in grab bags, but i dont think they would put newly released Hilts in the grab bag box unless there was some serious wear and tear on it.  But still, always worth a try.  If that fails, hey you still got a new saber, and i hear that grab bag sabers lend very well to being customized.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

darthinvader
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

im definetely interested in getting one i mean only 40 dollars + 15 for blade Tongue.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »

Typically, the Standard Issue is the most common Metal Grab Bag (or so the people say). I'd imagine that if you give it a couple months or a year though, some V3 sabers would start to turn up. Though this is just my personal theory that the V3's might start to overtake the old SI's in popularity as there has been LOTS of hype over the choke points and MHS compatability.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »

Typically, the Standard Issue is the most common Metal Grab Bag (or so the people say). I'd imagine that if you give it a couple months or a year though, some V3 sabers would start to turn up. Though this is just my personal theory that the V3's might start to overtake the old SI's in popularity as there has been LOTS of hype over the choke points and MHS compatability.

If thats the case i'll order me 5 grab bags! lol no.....

I still wait for the day that SIs might return.  I dont think any of the Initiates will overtake the SI in popularity.  Its a classic like a little black dress

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

KenshinTrigger
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

Good... Bad.... I'm the guy with the saber.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »

I just got one recently, and it should be arriving on wednesday. I'd be happy with an SI, but My fingers are crossed hard for something MHS compatible cause regardless of the initial design, the sheer concept of parts versatility is a huge home run. kinda like getting an all in one deal there, even if its not the color you'd ideally want. I have heard of some people landing an archon here and there, one instance of a consular I think.

From everything it sounds like, if your not picky about color (though you can specify) grab bags are the way to go. heck i'd even think that not specifying a color would widen your potential chances a great deal. its all a gamble in the end, but not really one you can lose. you can just win a little better or worse than every other time.

Initiate - guardian blue
Initiate LE - Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE - Blazing Red
Liberator - Arctic Blue
Consular - consular green

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »

I was just contemplating another grab bag recently so here's my analysis:

40 + 10 (metal hilt) + 5 (color specify) + 15 (blade) = $70 (add another 5 if you want a special color like VA)

That's $70 for a full functioning stunt saber with a blade - considering the cheapest full size sabers are the Dominix v2 and Aeon, which are $65, you have pretty good chances of getting a discounted saber.  That said, there's nothing quite like falling in love with a specific hilt and buying it - it's worth the extra money if the hilt matters to you.

The grab bag sabers are a mix of returns, defects, and other mistakes so I would say there's the possibility of the V3s being a possibility in the future.  Keep in mind it's all about probability - the other stunt sabers have been in production WAY longer so there are probably a good stock of those in the grab bag pile, therefore you're MUCH more likely to get one of them.  The cool thing is, several of the stunt sabers are no longer in stock (Redemption, Liberator, Standard Issue) so if you get one of them it would be pretty cool.  Especially if they decide not to produce them anymore.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »

And add to the last paragraph of what Nero said, But don't plan on getting sound in a grab bag.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:43:15 PM »

I was just contemplating another grab bag recently so here's my analysis:

40 + 10 (metal hilt) + 5 (color specify) + 15 (blade) = $70 (add another 5 if you want a special color like VA)

That's $70 for a full functioning stunt saber with a blade - considering the cheapest full size sabers are the Dominix v2 and Aeon, which are $65, you have pretty good chances of getting a discounted saber.  That said, there's nothing quite like falling in love with a specific hilt and buying it - it's worth the extra money if the hilt matters to you.

But wouldn't it suck though if you got one of those? I mean, you just over paid by $5, which is the problem with specifying all that.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »

But wouldn't it suck though if you got one of those? I mean, you just over paid by $5, which is the problem with specifying all that.

not to mention you wouldnt even know what kind of hilt you would be getting, even if you did know if it was metal or pvc.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:48 PM »

not to mention you wouldnt even know what kind of hilt you would be getting, even if you did know if it was metal or pvc.

That's not a big deal for me. The whole reason I'm ordering a grab bag, is cause I don't care what I get. lol.

(Sig by me!)

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »

as long as its a working saber, i hear ya on that. Grab bags are the way to go to possibly order one as a gift.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 10:00:19 PM »

They're also GREAT first sabers. At least if you're like I was and couldn't settle on one! Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

True that. A grab bag for a first saber is one of the best ways to go, because it just drops a hilt in your lap that you know will more than likely be a trooper, and it'll tell you everything you need to know before you buy your second hilt.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 12:07:21 AM »

True that. A grab bag for a first saber is one of the best ways to go, because it just drops a hilt in your lap that you know will more than likely be a trooper, and it'll tell you everything you need to know before you buy your second hilt.

Exactly! With a grab bag, you know you'll get something good to at least tie you over until you decide what you want for the first hilt you pick out yourself.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: