Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day!  (Read 1311 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: May 30, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »

Thank you to all the men and women who are prepared to give and have given their lives for our freedoms. Your sacrifices will not be forgotten.

Please feel free to pay your respects or say a few words if you'd like to.  Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 10:45:52 PM »

I just wanted to take the opportunity to mention how important it is to continue to support the troops when they come home.  It is not "someone else's problem"--not something to rely on distant officials to do, but something we can all help with.

There are so many ways, and I'm sure many of you know the best ways in your communities and I would encourage you all to get out and do what you can for anyone in your life who needs to know your respect and care.

I just wanted to mention Adam Driver's Arts in the Armed Forces initiative (http://www.aitaf.org/).  I have to say...I am so pleased that someone who has become so prominent in our fandom has demonstrated his care in this way.  And let's not forget the fact that he himself was willing to give everything up to serve our country in the Marines.  His injury did not stop him from finding a different way to help.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: